Keith Richards

59LesPaul

• 3 months later...
So do I;although I've been told that I take it to an extreme...... B)

YOU take it to extreme? Heh.

I met my wife because of Keith. Long fuckin' story, I won't bore everyone with it. But to summarize, there's nothing like a Keithaholic couple. B)

I met my wife because of Keith. Long fuckin' story, I won't bore everyone with it. But to summarize, there's nothing like a Keithaholic couple. B)

Tell us!

We'd like to know your story... :beer:

I'd like to hear that story.....

I can't top it;but my wife is now one,thanks to you-know-who........ :whistling:

Ask her;she'll verify..... B)

One of the best Keith interviews I've ever read. I love his candor. Brought back memories of that insane '72 tour. The editor selected a classic Keith pic too:

KeithRVI.jpg

"Slur-mumble" is a good description of how Keith talks. My husband read this too and we really liked what Keith said about his kids. For all of our 70's-era hell-raising, our kids are just as Keith described the kids of the Stones: "pretty stable cats". He pretty well sums up what has been our own philosophy on child-rearing:

What advice have you given them?

None at all. If they’ve got problems, get in touch with me. Or if not, just come and see me anytime. If I’m in Australia and you’re having a problem, come on over. I mean, I’ve never gone that far.… My kids came to me when I bashed my head stupidly in Fiji, and it’s the worst place in the world to have brain damage. And almost before I was transferred to New Zealand, my kids were there. Because there’s love. And that’s what I teach. Love. You know, you can fuck up and…well, look at Dad! [laughs]

In addition to that, to us, the best part of the interview was when Keith spoke of recklessness and also of getting old. We grew up following in the footsteps of rockers and we will grow old doing the same, it seems.

OK, two of you asked, so here goes...

First of all, I've been a Keithaholic since I was really young. I especially became a fan around 1968, when Keef basically had to step up and run the band,with Brian being in such a dilapidated state. Let It Bleed just secured it.

Anyhoo, back in 1999 I was putting together a cassette of prime Stones live material between 1969-73. (does anybody remember......CASSETTES? :lol:) And I was looking for some primo Keef pics for the cover. I found this site ====> Keith Richards-A Tribute To The Man , and asked the proprietor if it was OK to use her pics-and compliment her on what she'd put together.

Well, that turned into an online friendship for several months. Then I flew from my home in the SF Bay Area to Ft. Lauderdale to meet her in person. 4 months later I drove back - to stay. We got married 18 months later, and moved back West in 2003.

We celebrate Keef's birthday every year in a manner in which the Human Riff would be proud. (without the hard drugs, of course..LOL) And we always raise a toast by saying "WHO THE FUCK IS MICK JAGGER????" :lol:

OK, two of you asked, so here goes...

First of all, I've been a Keithaholic since I was really young. I especially became a fan around 1968, when Keef basically had to step up and run the band,with Brian being in such a dilapidated state. Let It Bleed just secured it.

Anyhoo, back in 1999 I was putting together a cassette of prime Stones live material between 1969-73. (does anybody remember......CASSETTES? :lol:) And I was looking for some primo Keef pics for the cover. I found this site ====> Keith Richards-A Tribute To The Man , and asked the proprietor if it was OK to use her pics-and compliment her on what she'd put together.

Well, that turned into an online friendship for several months. Then I flew from my home in the SF Bay Area to Ft. Lauderdale to meet her in person. 4 months later I drove back - to stay. We got married 18 months later, and moved back West in 2003.

We celebrate Keef's birthday every year in a manner in which the Human Riff would be proud. (without the hard drugs, of course..LOL) And we always raise a toast by saying "WHO THE FUCK IS MICK JAGGER????" :lol:

Great stuff!

I read somewhere that Keith plans to quit smoking when he turns 100 but he said that the "drink" stay's. A modern medical marvel that guy is . I'll go so far as to say that if you don't love Keef, you don't love Rock and Roll. Period.

Archived