2014 College Football: The BCS is Dead!

Strider

USC's season is pretty much ruined. It was already dire after the Boston College loss, but losing to ASU on a Hail-Mary heave at the last second is the crusher. Two losses will not get the Trojans in the top bowls. It's lower-tier bowl if they're lucky.

Who had Ole Miss and Mississippi St. as the top 2 teams this year? What an incredible rise by those programs.

November 29 is looming...what a showdown the Egg Bowl will be. How are you going to handle that weekend Dd...where do your loyalties reside?

Who had Ole Miss and Mississippi St. as the top 2 teams this year? What an incredible rise by those programs.

November 29 is looming...what a showdown the Egg Bowl will be. How are you going to handle that weekend Dd...where do your loyalties reside?

Thanks, Strider, we are beyond excited with the performance of these Mississippi teams. Who'da thunk it!? :)

The Egg Bowl is always anticipated with much excitement, even when the teams are having a not-so-good season. This year it will be nuts! While I guess I could consider myself a winner either way, my blood runs maroon....Go Dawgs!

I'm disappointed in Notre Dame's loss to FSU. I prefer Notre Dame to be highly ranked and undefeated if possible when they play USC. It makes it that much more satisfying when USC beats them. ;)

USC and Notre Dame will still be ranked when they meet...hopefully...but not as highly as people thought before the season. ND should still be in the top 10 even after losing to #3 FSU but USC won't be no higher than the mid-teens.

My only wish was to see Winston's head rolling down the field, with or without a helmet.

Yes Strider, ND/USC is always a classic

I believe that I read that ND insisted on keeping USC and Navy in their schedule until the end of time, no matter what the ACC wants

ND has traditionally always had one of the toughest schedules in the country. I fondly remember the era when they had to play 4-5 of the top 10 teams every year....Miami, USC, Michigan, Michigan State, BC, Florida State, etc. I miss that era.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Debbie, it's another huge game tonight: Auburn @ Ole Miss in Oxford!!! How are your fingernails? Well-stocked in alcohol? ;)

I guess jabe will be pulling for Auburn.

Yes, keeping my fingers crossed for a Rebel win!! Will have to flip channels to keep an eye on the bulldogs, too!

May have to break out the strong stuff tonight!

:)

Edit: Just realized that I post a lot more when I'm nervous, lol!

That was a terrible way for the Rebels to lose the game -- even Auburn fans couldn't have enjoyed that much.

I'm beginning to think that most of the top SEC teams will begin knocking each other off now -- most will end up with two losses -- which would open the door for teams like TCU and Oregon to make the playoffs.

That was a terrible way for the Rebels to lose the game -- even Auburn fans couldn't have enjoyed that much.

I'm beginning to think that most of the top SEC teams will begin knocking each other off now -- most will end up with two losses -- which would open the door for teams like TCU and Oregon to make the playoffs.

I think that Auburn should in the final 4.

That Nov 29th game between FSU and Florida just got VERY interesting!

The Gators pretty much always beat Georgia - so that wasn't a huge surprise. FSU/UF is always interesting, no matter the records - but there is no way I would bet on UF if I was a betting man. The Gators may have just saved their coaches' job - which is probably the worst thing for their fans.

Hi Walter,

I hope you are wrong, the Gators look to be the best chance of giving FSU a loss going into the final stretch.

You might be correct, but personally I believe this playoff has to have the defending champs in it. Way more emotion and spirit if everyone has the 'noles to root against!

Congrats, jabe, that was a sad loss for the Rebels. Well fought to the end.

And for the bulldogs, that was scary close, so proud of their win.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dd, that was a whale of a game! I'm way more of a Bama fan than a Tiger fan, and since my wife hates Auburn with a passion, I was pulling for Ole Miss.

If the Tide gets by LSU Saturday night, whoa, look out!!! All eyes will be on Tuscaloosa the following week when Mississippi State plays Alabama. Potential to be a massive game...I can't wait!

Dd, that was a whale of a game! I'm way more of a Bama fan than a Tiger fan, and since my wife hates Auburn with a passion, I was pulling for Ole Miss.

If the Tide gets by LSU Saturday night, whoa, look out!!! All eyes will be on Tuscaloosa the following week when Mississippi State plays Alabama. Potential to be a massive game...I can't wait!

Lol, everyone I know from Alabama is very passionate about their team, whether it's Bama or Auburn...pretty intense rivalry! I'm looking forward to the match up next weekend, hoping to see a great game!

Archived