2014 College Football: The BCS is Dead!

Strider

The final score does not reflect how terrible State played tonight. Congrats to Bama fans, your team deserved that win.

:(

Dd, a 5-point loss to Alabama in their home stadium is nothing to be ashamed about...Alabama took care of business. But as long as your Bulldogs take care of business the remainder of their schedule, they should be in good shape to finish in the Top 4 for the playoff. A bigger surprise to me was Auburn getting hammered by Georgia and LSU getting shut out.

Nortre Dame is pissing me off. It is one thing to lose to Arizona St. on the road...but Northwestern? They are doing USC no favours. The way Notre Dame will fall in the rankings, even if USC beats the Irish, it won't help them much in the polls. Of course, I am getting ahead of myself...first the Trojans have to take care of their intra-city rival UCLA this Saturday!!!

Then they can worry about Notre Dame. But lose to UCLA and USC's season is down the toilet.

Dd, a 5-point loss to Alabama in their home stadium is nothing to be ashamed about...Alabama took care of business. But as long as your Bulldogs take care of business the remainder of their schedule, they should be in good shape to finish in the Top 4 for the playoff. A bigger surprise to me was Auburn getting hammered by Georgia and LSU getting shut out.

Nortre Dame is pissing me off. It is one thing to lose to Arizona St. on the road...but Northwestern? They are doing USC no favours. The way Notre Dame will fall in the rankings, even if USC beats the Irish, it won't help them much in the polls. Of course, I am getting ahead of myself...first the Trojans have to take care of their intra-city rival UCLA this Saturday!!!

Then they can worry about Notre Dame. But lose to UCLA and USC's season is down the toilet.

Isn't USC still on some type of suspension from Bowl games or is it over?

Isn't USC still on some type of suspension from Bowl games or is it over?

The suspension is over but the damage from the scholarship reductions lives on. Considering the slap-on-the-wrist penalties Ohio St., Miami, and other schools got for more egregious incidents, USC got fucked. The NCAA big shots are sewer rats.

The suspension is over but the damage from the scholarship reductions lives on. Considering the slap-on-the-wrist penalties Ohio St., Miami, and other schools got for more egregious incidents, USC got fucked. The NCAA big shots are sewer rats.

I agree. And so are the NFL refs

Dd, a 5-point loss to Alabama in their home stadium is nothing to be ashamed about...Alabama took care of business. But as long as your Bulldogs take care of business the remainder of their schedule, they should be in good shape to finish in the Top 4 for the playoff.

It may have worked out for the best. Without the #1 pressure and hype, State can get back to playing and (hopefully) winning.

Staying positive...ever onward!

All I know is ....haters gonna hate! FSU is on a 26 game winning streak, with a national championship and they are #3?!? :blink: In order to be "the man" you've gotta beat "the man"! 'Nuff said! :yesnod:

Btw, I'm not a 'noles fan per say. But when a team is the champion and is undefeated, I don't understand the bullsh!t opinions that say they aren't #1. I guess it creates drama....

^^^

Sorry, I have such a distaste for that Winston jerk I cannot stomach FSU at all. But then, I don't care for any of the Florida schools.

Both Notre Dame and USC (to their other big rival...UCLA :bagoverhead:) lost this past weekend and enter this Saturday's annual rivalry game on a decided down-note. Both teams will be unranked and the buzz is definitely less than when the season started for both these teams.

^^^

Sorry, I have such a distaste for that Winston jerk I cannot stomach FSU at all. But then, I don't care for any of the Florida schools.

Both Notre Dame and USC (to their other big rival...UCLA :bagoverhead:) lost this past weekend and enter this Saturday's annual rivalry game on a decided down-note. Both teams will be unranked and the buzz is definitely less than when the season started for both these teams.

I can't stomach Winston either, Strider.

I'm hoping the Tide or Miss State get a crack at his pompous ass.

(although he backs up his asshattery with late game heroics to win)

Would like to see the Gators smash his posterior this week, but would prefer a Bama/State compaction of his ass along with their head coach Jimbo Fisher, who was a college qb at Samford University.... about two miles from my house.

I agree, Winston is a dumb ass kid, who knows he is above the law in Tallahassee. Unfortunately for him, he has to try to lead an NFL franchise - eventually - and his stock is plummeting. Just ask Manzel how that plays out...;)

Well I had Maryland straight up over Michigan. And I am taking Maryland and giving Rutgers 8. But the game I really love is Georgia Tech plus 12 vs Georgia. Are you kidding me? Tech has played great this year. Have not let me down yet. A long time ago an older black guy I used to work with that loved his gambling, once said when you see two teams that are interstate rivals and one is a double digit underdog, take the points. His wisdom has been pretty spot on. I love Georgia Tech with the points and I may take them to win. I will also parlay them with Maryland who is a team that has impressed me all year.

Commonwealth Cup tonight at 8pm EST...UVa @ VT (in Blacksburg). Bowl hopes riding on the outcome so lots at stake; this could be a really good game.

11 years in a row for the Hokies! Are you doing the Hokey-Pokey Virginia? ;)

Nothing like Rivalry Week! Notre Dame @ USC! http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-usc-rivalry-tradition-motivation-213629835--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0SO80buhHlU2ckA2l1XNyoA

Michigan @ Ohio State! Florida @ Florida St.! Georgia Tech @ Georgia! Mississippi St. @ Mississippi! Auburn @ Alabama!

Check out my fucking luck.

I take Georgia Tech and win (flat)

I have Maryland flat and with Georgia Tech , up 35-10 they fucking lose 41-38. Son bitch missed the game tying field goal. Unfuckingbelievable.

I will take Georgia Tech against anyone. ANYONE. come the Bowl game

11 years in a row for the Hokies! Are you doing the Hokey-Pokey Virginia? ;)

Nothing like Rivalry Week! Notre Dame @ USC! http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-usc-rivalry-tradition-motivation-213629835--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0SO80buhHlU2ckA2l1XNyoA

Michigan @ Ohio State! Florida @ Florida St.! Georgia Tech @ Georgia! Mississippi St. @ Mississippi! Auburn @ Alabama!

Yep! :)

It's too bad about the Mississippi teams. If those two teams had been playing in any other conference....

Congrats to TCU.

No complaints here. All in all a great season that will should help pave the way (through good recruiting) to keep getting better.

No complaints here. All in all a great season that will should help pave the way (through good recruiting) to keep getting better.

Well, that's a very mature and well-adjusted attitude to take, Dd.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? Don't you know you are supposed to froth at the mouth when your team loses? :P;)

Have to say I was very surprised how the USC Trojans took Notre Dame apart. At halftime, when USC was up 35-7, all I could think of was 40 years ago in 1974 when USC was down 24-0 at halftime and came roaring back in the second half to thump the Irish 55-24. So I wasn't taking anything for granted until the final whistle blew. After losing to crosstown rivals UCLA, a 49-14 beat down of Notre Dame ends the season on a brighter note. Not sure what kind of Bowl Game is in store for USC...Holiday, maybe?

Wonder how mack took the loss?

Well, that's a very mature and well-adjusted attitude to take, Dd.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? Don't you know you are supposed to froth at the mouth when your team loses? :P;)

Have to say I was very surprised how the USC Trojans took Notre Dame apart. At halftime, when USC was up 35-7, all I could think of was 40 years ago in 1974 when USC was down 24-0 at halftime and came roaring back in the second half to thump the Irish 55-24. So I wasn't taking anything for granted until the final whistle blew. After losing to crosstown rivals UCLA, a 49-14 beat down of Notre Dame ends the season on a brighter note. Not sure what kind of Bowl Game is in store for USC...Holiday, maybe?

Wonder how mack took the loss?

Oh, I was frothing at the mouth all right...but at the bulldogs for making a poor showing in the game that always matters most, especially this year when (perhaps) much was riding on that win. However...nothing takes away the historical moments of the year (most wins, No. 1 ranking, cover of Sports Illustrated-yeah, that was cool, Heisman candidate). I'm hoping this is the start of an expectation of winning and a belief that a national championship is achievable. Still looking forward to a bowl game! :)

Congrats on the USC win, a great way to end the season!

Archived