2014 College Football: The BCS is Dead!

Strider

Ok, I'm not quite as keen on the college game as I am the NFL--all that aside, I have to wonder, when did being undefeated not rate you a spot as the 1# team in the country or even #2. FSU has zero losses over the last season & a half, they are the defending National Champs--but apparently FSU plays down to a lot of their competition. I keep hearing the phrase "body of work" as far as explaining why the Noles are not #1. Hmmmm....

It's too bad about the Mississippi teams. If those two teams had been playing in any other conference....

Congrats to TCU.

If they had been playing in any other conference they probably wouldn't have the recruits they have.

Ok, I'm not quite as keen on the college game as I am the NFL--all that aside, I have to wonder, when did being undefeated not rate you a spot as the 1# team in the country or even #2. FSU has zero losses over the last season & a half, they are the defending National Champs--but apparently FSU plays down to a lot of their competition. I keep hearing the phrase "body of work" as far as explaining why the Noles are not #1. Hmmmm....

Exactly Paul. It's the NCAA. Playing down to their opponents? How about everyone else LOSING to their opponents??? This is all a ploy to get people talking and paying attention to their ridiculous ranking. Defending champs, 28-game winning streak, rated 2nd toughest schedule of the top 10 teams. I guarantee if they and Alabama both win this weekend, they will not play in the first round like they are slated now. This last ranking is basically advertisement for what they want - an Alabama v. FSU championship game. It looked like Winston had money on the Gators last weekend - which isn't that far fetched.

I believe Georgia Tech will beat FSU. I absolutely believe it. And my cousin goes to FSU making it tough for me to say the words on Facebook but I may. Georgia Tech is a darn good team

I don't think that's a bad call, Rick. LOTS of turmoil in Tallahassee this past week. They looked bad enough against the Gators, that's for sure! I hope not though....

I don't think that's a bad call, Rick. LOTS of turmoil in Tallahassee this past week. They looked bad enough against the Gators, that's for sure! I hope not though....

Well they did not win but they covered. I had Ohio St plus 4 and GT plus 3. Sucked it out

• 2 weeks later...

Two crazy parlays I put in on Bowl games. I will bet these teams in a smarter fashion also

5 teams/ $4 to get back $100

Arizona st -7 1/2

Texas +6

Maryland +14

Georgia Tech +7 1/2

Auburn -7

10 teams / $2 to get back $1,179.20

Rutgers +3

Arizona st -7 1/2

S. Carolina +3

Nebraska +7

Texas +6

Maryland +14

TCU -3

Georgia Tech +7 1/2

Auburn -7

Ohio St +10 ( crazy line-can win outright)

I really love Maryland, OSU, Ariz st, Georgia Tech, Texas

• 3 weeks later...

Bowl games rollin' on New Year's Day, like the old times....Citrus Bowl has had a crazy start. 3 turnovers in 4 minutes. What has happened to the "mighty SEC" in the bowl games recently??? Rick was right about Georgia Tech.

Yeah, I watched some of the Rebels' game and it was BAAAD! They kept getting turnovers, but couldn't score. Looking forward to tonight's games! :thumbsup:

Good game on right now: Baylor v. Michigan St., tied at 14.

Ole Miss caught a break right there! 14-0, TCU right now.

Tomorrow the "playoffs" begin:

Florida St. vs. Oregon

Ohio St. vs. Alabama

Any picks?

I'm going with a FSU/Bama title game.

Sorry, Oregon/Bama is what I am hoping for...want the West Coast to represent. ;)

FSU/Bama would make me happy.

Stomp Mr. Crabbs into the turf of the Jerry Dome.

I'm actually beginning to like *gulp* Lane Kiffin. (Did I really write that?)

Whoa, Nellie! I did not think I would live to see the day jabe would say something like that! :blink:

^^^ Georgia Tech looked great, my bulldogs not so great, rebels even worse. :(

Sorry Debbie for that double-dose of pain you had to endure.

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would pop in to say "Go Buckeyes"!

I am hoping for a OSU vs. Oregon national championship.

Good luck to Jabe, but I think this is the year for the Buckeyes. As much as I like Alabama and have many Optometrist friends there, I have to predict the Buckeyes will go all the way this year!

Just a note: It is interesting that Kirk Herbstreit, a former Ohio State player, is covering the Oregon/FSU game, not Ohio State. He gets too much grief from the Buckeye fans, so much so that he had to move out of Columbus.

Hey there Doc! I was just thinking about you and OSU! Nice to see you! :)

Well, FSU should be winning but are down by 5 at the half. I don't know who is gonna pull this one out, but the Oregon coach does not look as confident as Jimbo does.

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would pop in to say "Go Buckeyes"!

I am hoping for a OSU vs. Oregon national championship.

Good luck to Jabe, but I think this is the year for the Buckeyes. As much as I like Alabama and have many Optometrist friends there, I have to predict the Buckeyes will go all the way this year!

Just a note: It is interesting that Kirk Herbstreit, a former Ohio State player, is covering the Oregon/FSU game, not Ohio State. He gets too much grief from the Buckeye fans, so much so that he had to move out of Columbus.

Welcome back BUCK'EYE' DOC! Long time, no see. Congrats to your Buckeyes finally beating the SEC curse! In fact, the SEC did not have a good bowl showing this year.

Now we get an old-fashioned Pac-10 vs. Big 10 Rose Bowl matchup in the championship game. Nothing old-fashioned about Oregon, though. Tempo, tempo, tempo.

Welcome back BUCK'EYE' DOC! Long time, no see. Congrats to your Buckeyes finally beating the SEC curse! In fact, the SEC did not have a good bowl showing this year.

Now we get an old-fashioned Pac-10 vs. Big 10 Rose Bowl matchup in the championship game. Nothing old-fashioned about Oregon, though. Tempo, tempo, tempo.

Hi Strider and Ddlander!

The Buckeyes now have a former SEC coach, that must be what it takes to beat an SEC team.

It will be like an old fashioned Rose Bowl game, the last one that I went to in person was January 1st, 1985 when Ohio State got a beat down from USC!

Hi Strider and Ddlander!

The Buckeyes now have a former SEC coach, that must be what it takes to beat an SEC team.

It will be like an old fashioned Rose Bowl game, the last one that I went to in person was January 1st, 1985 when Ohio State got a beat down from USC!

Great game BUCK'EYE' DOC!

Coaches Saban and Meyer have provided us some memorable contests over the years.

Best to you against Oregon in the National Championship. I'm looking forward to a shootout!

There is only one question that matters for the Title Game: Can Ohio St.'s defense stop or at least slow down the Oregon Duck's offense?

I have no doubt that Ohio St. will score points on Oregon's defense. The question is how many points will the Ducks score? If the Buckeyes can hold the Ducks to 24 or less, then they have a shot.

Archived