Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zooma

Not Going to be a tour in 08 or ever

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet. He is planning on touring with Allison next year, and I think working on a new project with Strange Sensation. Listen to what the man is saying, and don't put credibility in what is nothing other than gossip and B.S.[/quote
Edited by Zep77

and walked for miles to get there. ;)

Not only did we walk barefoot in the snow but we had to pass by the E.R. to get our toes looked at after cinder blocks were knocked over on them while camping out for tickets. Those were the good old days before all this internet ticket sales. I had a toe smashed and a good friend pushed through the plate glass of a record store as well as a host of others doused by the Houston fire department for building camp fires to stay warm while waiting for tickets in '77.

It's always nice to keep fantasies and dreams alive. It gives us something nice to think about while not dealing with realities of everyday life.

Robert will NOT do a full scale tour. He has said so plain as day.

There are also interviews with Jimmy in the 80s where Page says they would never play together again, and they have. So what's your point? Led Zeppelin, you will notice, have always been big on making 'statements' of who they are at a particular time. Robert, at the time, may well have believed he would never tour. Whats to say O2 won't change his mind.

If ever there is to be a tour, it is more likely now than it ever has been. The commitment from the band to rehearsal, and the positive response from that rehearsal, indicates musical chemistry still exists.

But how about everyone here gets off their know-it-all high horse and stops pretending that they know enough about the people in the band to predict what they will do?

The reason for all of this Zeppeness is the band is planning a huge tour to go along with the release of Mothership and the O2 concert which has overwhelmed all of us old codgers. Why have we suddenly signe up to be new members of a website.. The band is priming all of us for things to come!

I saw Zep in '77...OMG

They can surely see what a huge opportunity is staring right at them.

I can assure all of you that for some reason you have to follow your gut and believe that we will see them perform on a grander scale than just one night. I can't believe they would won't us to miss such a monumental event by only doing one show! It almost feels like they are about to announce a full series of shows right here in the States.. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we are building on something and Zep is getting it all back together.. We can only hope.

I wish all of those fortunate to have a ticket for 12/10 would spark an interest in the group as a whole to keep playing so that we may once again feel the energy that is Led Zeppelin Live!!!!!!!!!

The reason for all of this Zeppeness is the band is planning a huge tour to go along with the release of Mothership and the O2 concert which has overwhelmed all of us old codgers. Why have we suddenly signe up to be new members of a website.. The band is priming all of us for things to come!

I saw Zep in '77...OMG

They can surely see what a huge opportunity is staring right at them.

I can assure all of you that for some reason you have to follow your gut and believe that we will see them perform on a grander scale than just one night. I can't believe they would won't us to miss such a monumental event by only doing one show! It almost feels like they are about to announce a full series of shows right here in the States.. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we are building on something and Zep is getting it all back together.. We can only hope.

I wish all of those fortunate to have a ticket for 12/10 would spark an interest in the group as a whole to keep playing so that we may once again feel the energy that is Led Zeppelin Live!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zep77

There are also interviews with Jimmy in the 80s where Page says they would never play together again, and they have. So what's your point? Led Zeppelin, you will notice, have always been big on making 'statements' of who they are at a particular time. Robert, at the time, may well have believed he would never tour. Whats to say O2 won't change his mind.

If ever there is to be a tour, it is more likely now than it ever has been. The commitment from the band to rehearsal, and the positive response from that rehearsal, indicates musical chemistry still exists.

But how about everyone here gets off their know-it-all high horse and stops pretending that they know enough about the people in the band to predict what they will do?

I don't think anyone is on a high horse or pretending that we know more about the band members than other members. If you pay attention to the interviews that Robert has done in the last month he more than once says that 12/10 will be a special night but he also states pretty clearly that this is for him at least, one night only. Other recent interviews by JP or JPJ leave their future a little more up in the air. They sound like they would like to work as a unit again, But Robert has never even teased, hinted, insinuated that their would be more. He is doing his own thing and on his terms and until he says differently why would people think think that he is not being honest about his intentions?

I don't think anyone is on a high horse or pretending that we know more about the band members than other members. If you pay attention to the interviews that Robert has done in the last month he more than once says that 12/10 will be a special night but he also states pretty clearly that this is for him at least, one night only. Other recent interviews by JP or JPJ leave their future a little more up in the air. They sound like they would like to work as a unit again, But Robert has never even teased, hinted, insinuated that their would be more. He is doing his own thing and on his terms and until he says differently why would people think think that he is not being honest about his intentions?

The light you are looking for......

"It's really about going into the place in your soul at the time you get the calling. Everything and anything can be possible, it just depends. At rehearsals, it sounds magnificent. It's very exciting. I was 19 when I joined the New Yardbirds, which became Led Zep, and I'm not 19 now and neither is anybody else, but 39 years later it's got a maturity and a beauty and it's got lust and it's got power. That's what it is. It's a different 'baby, baby'."\

As much as I want to see Zeppelin live, maybe it's for the best that they don't tour. They need one more good show, since the Live Aid and Atlantic Records performances don't do them justice. Just think about the fact that the last time that they performed Stairway together was at the Atlantic Records concert. And if any of you had seen that performance, you'd see why they need one more good show.

Whatever makes them happy is good for me. I have an entire collection to listen to that i will never get tired of. I feel that the mid to late 90's Page/Plant concerts were a gift I will never take for granted. That being said, John Bonham is gone, the Led Zeppelin i knew, is gone forever.

Koo-dowes to you Lady Elizabeth of the Pagettes. Well said! I totally agree with your opinion on this subject!

**naive

I don't think they're touring and I really don't think they should. One final huge performance should be enough. The only reason all these people are drooling on themselves about the possibility of Zeppelin touring is because they're under the misguided assumption that the band "owes" them something and they "deserve" a tour. These are 60 year old men, Jimmy still has young children, Robert will be touring with Alison Krauss next year, I'm sure JPJ has stuff going on.......they're getting back together for this concert to honor AHMET ERTEGUN, not feed the selfish fantasies of their fans.

That is true about how Zeppelin died with Bonham. But I'm glad that they have Jason Bonham with them. His father would be proud.

That is true about how Zeppelin died with Bonham. But I'm glad that they have Jason Bonham with them. His father would be proud.

I think this is another good reason why they won't tour. I don't know if they'd want to tour as Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. This one-off performance for charity is an exception as they're doing this in honor or someone else, not necessarily for themselves.

ok this is exactly as it reads on page 106 or guitar world magazine last paragraph of interview with JP "GW what's the prevailing mood? Do you think the reunion will extend to other shows ?

Page " I don't know. I've heard Robert Plant doesn't think it will ,but it's a bit silly because there is such a massive demand.It's a bit selfish to do just one show.If that's it,we probably shouldn't have let the genie out of the bottle". and if you remember correctly robert plant up until the day of the announcement for the o2 show denied a reunion saying there wouldn't been enough doctors to support a tour I do believe it will extend to other cities with some of the proceeds going to the ahmet charity or others that jp etc have supported over the years anyhow what ever the Boys of Zep decide to do i'm behind them 100% i love all thier songs and music each piece is unique in it's own individual way that what keeps them on Top even 27 years after Bonzo's death i hate when people ask what your fav Zep song is ,my answer wiil always be all of them

OK we know that plant many years ago said he would never do zeppelin songs again then on tall cool one gave us some sampling of zeppelin to tease us ,get the interest up again, then came live aid or maybe it was the other way around, then atlantic records 40 th ,then jason bonham 's wedding ,stairway on japanese television interview then bam page/plant blah blah blah ....so a tour would be great ,in my opinion is it's going to happen.There has always been many inconsistences with plant over the years and not to be taken as leading us on ,They are spoken from that particuliar moment of life. know one knows the future holds hell we would have never had thought pagey would break his finger ( and for you idiots that like to bring up the zeppelin curse go to he #@@) and the show would be post poned so sit back and enjoy the unfolding of whatever happens. hell this web site finally being up and running properly since the dvd release and how the west was won release. t's awesome with me, so let's just let the ZEPPELIN move in and show the new crap three cord reject bands now-adays how to do music right >> where you'll never have to worry about who's downloading your music for free<Because if you make music that will always sell a million copies or more then you will never care about downloADING OR have to worry about free downloads ZEPPELIN is a testiment to that ,still selling even though they have the honor of the most bootlegged band ever

THE MOTHER SHIP HAS LANDED STEP INSIDE LITTLE ONES AND LET THE MASTERS SHOW YOU HOW IT'S DONE

Does that mean if I really believe In Santa Claus, he might just come down the chimminy for real this year. :D

yes he will i swear i saw him 20 years ago on LSD with Jerry Garcia , Elvis and Mickey Mouse in the Desert i swear lol

Led Zeppelin fans should be thankful that they have the chance to see the band live one more time. Robert Plant has made it quite clear that his heart lies elsewhere as far as the music he wants to do at his age.

Yes, there are definately some people out there that call themselves 'fans' and feel as if Led Zeppelin owe them and deserve a tour. But, they are in the minority. They get all the attention because they WHINE the loudest, like spoiled brats. It's an unfortunate side effect of todays 'on demand' mentality. (Hell, back in my day, we waited for days in ticket lines, in 10 ft snowbanks .... jk :rolleyes: )

Being 60ish or having young children is not a reason for them to stop what they've spent their lifetime doing. The only reason why they 'shouldn't' tour is either health concerns, they just don't want to or can't do it.

They all look to be very healthy and fit, better than we've seen in a long time. I have no doubt, that their chops are up to max and will deliver a stunningly, brilliant performance at the 02. From the interviews I've read and seen of all 4 members, Robert is just as thrilled about the Led Zeppelin Reunion as Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason. Extending it into something more than one gig ... I think he has valid concerns. The main one being, is his commitment to Allison, T-Bone and the band. They're already talking about going back into the studio in January. Between recording, rehearsals and their tour, (I think he has something going on with Strange Sensation, too) a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour would be a real juggling act. I'm sure he feels like a pickle in the middle. If a Led Zeppelin tour happens, I think it will be toward year end or possibly in 2009.

yes but due to the fact all the members are never under any contractual agreements now-adays that i'm aware of (possibly a foriegner tour for bonham thats winding down ) puts them in a position to do as they please and if it feels right at the moments they're together then more power too them i think they will only do it due to this fact and also would donate proceeds at least some to different charities each one has supported over the years such as casa de jimmy big sisters etc. Edited by zephdron

The Ahmet tribute...2 new releases...the LED XM channel...countless interviews...the kidding around...the hints...the ballot...the millions of hits...the million or so ballot entries...this new website...and the biggest one...Jimmy will not say 'NO!'

It is all just good marketing, right?...and coincidental...uh, not. This has nothing to do with greed or taking advantage of a situation. Ahmet would be the FIRST to say go for it boys! The time is right...it feels right...Zep waited this long for the stars to align and they have.

I learned many moons ago to never trust what the lead singer of a rock 'n' roll band says!

The boys will be touring in 2008. The naysayers shall see. They shall see me with tickets, going to as many shows as my wallet will allow me to go to...!

Edited by B9Z43D@O2!

The Ahmet tribute...2 new releases...the LED XM channel...countless interviews...the kidding around...the hints...the ballot...the millions of hits...the million or so ballot entries...this new website...

It is all just good marketing, right?...and coincidental...uh, not. This has nothing to do with greed or taking advantage of a situation. Ahmet would be the FIRST to say go for it boys! The time is right...it feels right...Zep waited this long for the stars to align and they have.

I learned many moons ago to never trust what the lead singer of a rock 'n' roll band says!

The boys will be touring in 2008. The naysayers shall see. They shall see me with tickets, going to as many shows as my wallet will allow me to go to...!

I wish you were right, but the fact of the matter is, Robert Plant is not going to do it. After the 02 gig, he is getting together with AK/Raising Sand to play the music where his heart lies at this point in his life.

ok this is exactly as it reads on page 106 or guitar world magazine last paragraph of interview with JP "GW what's the prevailing mood? Do you think the reunion will extend to other shows ?

Page " I don't know. I've heard Robert Plant doesn't think it will ,but it's a bit silly because there is such a massive demand.It's a bit selfish to do just one show.If that's it,we probably shouldn't have let the genie out of the bottle". and if you remember correctly robert plant up until the day of the announcement for the o2 show denied a reunion saying there wouldn't been enough doctors to support a tour I do believe it will extend to other cities with some of the proceeds going to the ahmet charity or others that jp etc have supported over the years anyhow what ever the Boys of Zep decide to do i'm behind them 100% i love all thier songs and music each piece is unique in it's own individual way that what keeps them on Top even 27 years after Bonzo's death i hate when people ask what your fav Zep song is ,my answer wiil always be all of them

I believe that comment about "enough doctors to support a tour" was made in jest.

Led Zeppelin fans should be thankful that they have the chance to see the band live one more time. Robert Plant has made it quite clear that his heart lies elsewhere as far as the music he wants to do at his age.
:rolleyes:

I wish you were right, but the fact of the matter is, Robert Plant is not going to do it. After the 02 gig, he is getting together with AK/Raising Sand to play the music where his heart lies at this point in his life.

Plant has admirably refused to live off past glories. However, you have to consider that a refusal to commit to a tour now is not concrete. Jimmy has said before "Led Zeppelin won't ever play together again". How did that turn out.

Maybe the energy of the O2 show will convince them that a tour is the right way to go. Maybe it will be awful and they will never play again? Who knows.

Oh, yea ... :notworthy: :notworthy:

I don't think they'll tour, but due to the huge demand Plant could accept to do some more shows. By the way, has anyone read that Ian Astbury said Cult will support Led Zeppelin next year? Hilarious..