Not Going to be a tour in 08 or ever

**naive

I don't think they're touring and I really don't think they should. One final huge performance should be enough. The only reason all these people are drooling on themselves about the possibility of Zeppelin touring is because they're under the misguided assumption that the band "owes" them something and they "deserve" a tour. These are 60 year old men, Jimmy still has young children, Robert will be touring with Alison Krauss next year, I'm sure JPJ has stuff going on.......they're getting back together for this concert to honor AHMET ERTEGUN, not feed the selfish fantasies of their fans.

Only my opinion but I disagree. Personally I don't believe Zep owe me anything. And I don't believe the majority of fans do either. I believe all this talk of a tour is just wishful thinking on behalf of millions of people disappointed not to have tickets to the O2 (and that includes me).

I would say though - as many others have pointed out before me - that bands endlessly contradict themselves, and Robert Plant is certainly no exception. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again - very few of us (if we're honest) would've believed it if we'd been told six months ago that Zep would be reforming, even for just one show.

What I do agree with you on is that 'one final huge performance' should be enough - unless, of course, you weren't lucky enough to get tickets. But that's nothing to do with believing anyone 'deserves' a tour.

RP, JP, JPJ and JB have brought me so much pleasure over the last 15/16 years (I'm not as old as some of you!), I'm happy for them to do whatever pleases them - even if I'm left disappointed. But you can't blame me for crossing my fingers that there'll be a tour in 2008.

Maybe, just maybe, some of you more cynical fans out there will be proved wrong...

Led Zeppelin fans should be thankful that they have the chance to see the band live one more time. Robert Plant has made it quite clear that his heart lies elsewhere as far as the music he wants to do at his age.

...and I am grateful that I MAY get a chance to see Zep live again but, of course, there's a high chance no DVD will ever be released of the show (if it doesn't meet with the band's high standards for Led Zeppelin).

Still, I AM grateful they're reforming at all, even if I never get to see it myself... (I do believe there's no stopping footage appearing on YouTube these days, at least).

At the risk of repeating myself, Robert has been known to change his mind, you know...

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet.

Don't be surprised if you are called out in the eventual "I told you so" thread. ;)

Oh you know...all that...stuff...Zep reunion tour thing...which they definetely are/not/might be doing... B)

Oh yeah, the frustration of the whole -to be a rock and not to roll...a tour or no tour, they should release a cd of 02 show for the rest of us poor fans then. ha haa.

I think this is another good reason why they won't tour. I don't know if they'd want to tour as Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. This one-off performance for charity is an exception as they're doing this in honor or someone else, not necessarily for themselves.

Dude , gimme a break with the righteous, Zeppelin is altruistic and the fans are selfish BS.

These guys are making a shitload of money off the release of Mothership and re-release of TSRTS, not to mention the fortuitous agreement with I-Tunes to release the catalog shortly after to the O2 announcement after years of negotiation.

I hope they tour at least a few shows in the US so I have a chance to see them, being one of those selfish fans who has never had the opportunity to see them live. But if they don't I'll buy the DVD. And if they choose not to, more power to them. They're people, not gods.

Here's to also hoping that at 60+ they can still play a lick worthy of the status the event is taking on. I mean that sincerely, not as a dig on the band.

Led Zep was on the cover page of the newspaper this morning. The titled read "Led Zeppelin on tour"... until I lifted my right thumb and saw the question mark at the end of the title. For a moment there I thought the rumors were confirmed!

I am dead inside.

Whatever happens it will only be decided after O2. I will eat my Gibson if a decision is made before the concert. :D

If Percy feels the magic, it is on probably. If he feels bored or scared or whatever then maybe not.

yes what got me was a support band has been choosen i find that very hard to believe sounds like nonsense to me

Whatever happens it will only be decided after O2. I will eat my Gibson if a decision is made before the concert. :D

If Percy feels the magic, it is on probably. If he feels bored or scared or whatever then maybe not.

Good point. If the show is great, Plant may very well change his mind. There is a lot of preasure on Jimmy Page to pull this one off.

After reading all of this I think we all know where we stand

BUT

When the next shows are announced (they will be) What will you say??

If they come to the US and only play NY and LA, is that a tour? Many will split hairs over this stuff and still claim they were right.

My thoughts are...

They started to jam before they were approached to do the tribute, WHY? for Robert to tease the rest of the band?

Robert has always said he does no want a big tour... It has always been the TRAVEL that was tiring, not the shows. If they do 3-4 shows in NY over a week, then 3-4 in LA a week later the travel will be easy. The same "easy" schedule can be done in Europe.

If you read the interviews of Robert before the "unledded" get together and subsequent tour you will read quotes that he was thinking of what he could do with the crowd if "Jimmy were here"

If you saw any of the Page - Plant tours you will know that BOTH of them had a great time. I do not think they fooled themselves into thinking that "WE" thought we were NOT watching Led Zeppelin. So the "cant offend Bonzo" thing is out the window.

Remember, this band was known for this type of hype in the past. All of the hype now means added to the above tells me there will be more shows coming.

In the past, when they played one off gigs they squashed the "tour" rumors flat...

Not this time, this time they are making sure there are conflicting threads/reports... Little leaks here and there. That is pure showmanship like decades before.

My crystal ball tells me they will announce some shows in the US next fall at the latest. I would not be surprised if you see them pop up near Roberts short tour with Alison before then to keep the hype alive.

Sledzep

remember...we've got the re-re mastered back catalogue, in its entirety, to come yet! I can hear it now..."oh,that's just speculation/conjecture/guesswork" Would tie-in well with a 2008 tour.... It's ok-I've got a big fire extinguisher here...

I think everything has been said and that all we can do now is wait for the O2 show and see how that goes. Even if Page, Plant, and JPJ ALL wanted to go on a tour, if the O2 show doesn't meet everyone's expectations there's no wait they'll do a tour after that. Maybe Plant is just waiting for the show before making up his mind, who knows.

All I'm hoping for now is that the O2 concert goes very very VERY well and that the boys have a blast playing it... and want to do more.

Hey, Wolfie...

Zep will tour again. Nobody is being selfish or greedy. Just hopeful. And I believe it will happen. If it doesn't, I will have the O2 show to fall back on... I will have seen the boys...so tour or no tour, I am good.

But since you are such a doubter, how about when the tickets do go on sale, you wander off to a local library and read a book. That will allow someone else who has never seen the band to have your ticket!

Rock and Roll, baby! Ya gotta believe!

Archived