Not Going to be a tour in 08 or ever

I guess I don't understand all this "if it goes well" stuff and "if they pull it off"...

GIVE ME A BREAK...this is LED ZEPPELIN, folks.

It is not like they have not played any Zep songs since they called it a night 27 years ago...and it is not like they are rusty. They have played pretty much the whole 27 years and much of the time it was Zep material...so I just don't get where the worry and concern is... Who forgets to ride a bike or what to do in the sack? Let us hope nobody...

Especially for Plant...the boy has been incredibly busy...he cannot hit the notes he used to, but he will do! JPJ has been very busy, too, although under radar...and he probably has preferred that seeing as he is the one given the least respect for his input in the band.

The one of the three whom you could question may by Jimmy...as far as being active. But listen to his interviews...he is ready and willing...he is fired up...you can tell that he, himself, is greatly impressed with how the rehearsals have gone.

Jason is a mystery but I have faith that he will be more prepared than anybody...he has a lot of pressure on him, but he will come through with flying colors!

Their age means nothing. Just look at them and listen to them. They are still young, and in about the best shape I have seen them in many, many years...especially Jimmy...he looks fantastic! His hair really gives him the ROCK GUITAR GOD look now! And he looks like he has lost a lot of weight...very svelt!

So chill, all, as to how it will 'go'... It is going to be a HELL of a show...and the boys will produce big time...and this will springboard them into shows next year...whether a full tour or 7 nights each in NY, Chicago and LA...

It WILL happen and I WILL be THERE!

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet. He is planning on touring with Allison next year, and I think working on a new project with Strange Sensation. Listen to what the man is saying, and don't put credibility in what is nothing other than gossip and B.S.

As I got to see them in '80 and I have 2 tickets for the 10th who cares if they tour or not......or is that just too selfish??????????? B)

As much as we all want a chance to see our favorite band one more time only those lucky enough to have tickets on Dec 10th are going to see them together again. Robert has stated very strongly that this is a one night only event in honor of Ahmet. He is planning on touring with Allison next year, and I think working on a new project with Strange Sensation. Listen to what the man is saying, and don't put credibility in what is nothing other than gossip and B.S.

I agree, the band rarely toured after 75 anyway, even if robert agrees to do more shows it won't be a tour in the true sense of the word, but selected dates and if they do anything at all it will be in the USA.

Let's get through the 02 concert first

There is no way in hell Plant is gonna agree to a LOOOONG tour

just do a weeks gigs at the Royal Albert Hall

a week at MSG

a week at the LA Forum (another week for the Badgeholders)

make sure all these are filmed and recorded

release a boxed set and never tour again

whatever happens happens

just have the tape recorders rolling

Led Zeppelin are one if not the best rock bands of all time, period. Those lucky enough to have seen them through their amazing time as a band will confirm this. They are playing a one off reunion show next month which is dubbed, "the most antisipated gig ever". a reported 25 million people applied for the 20,000 tickets and with that kind of public demand they must do the decent thing, listen to the fans and do a tour. 10-15 dates, world wide. LA, NYC, (other US sites), London, Scotland, Germany, France, Italy, Moscow, Asia, and Austrailia something like that, they could easily make enough money and would trully be a great way of saying thank you to the millions of fans who buy their new best ofs and dvd collections. Led Zeppelin are the best rock band on the planet and it's just gutting that odds are i'll never get to see them live. Unlike my dad who saw them in Glasgow in 1972 for the price of £1!

My thoughts exactly. I don't think anyone really knows what their going to do next, maybe even they don't know themselves one hundred percent. Never say never.

Absolutely, seems I recall many many dead set that JP/JPJ/RP would never reunite. I was one who said they would. I paid attention to my "gut feelings." The term is very loosely used. Fight or flight phenomenon would be a very good example of "gut feelings." We can only dream of what these feelings may have been in the past. Our gut feelings are a combination of many many things. Not just whimsy :coffee:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

As of right now Led Zeppelin does not exist at Ticketmaster US. If you do an artist search there is no result for Led Zeppelin. Since it has been this way for years, if suddenly they become an active band at Ticketmaster, get ready because it's on.

I don't think they're touring and I really don't think they should. One final huge performance should be enough. The only reason all these people are drooling on themselves about the possibility of Zeppelin touring is because they're under the misguided assumption that the band "owes" them something and they "deserve" a tour. These are 60 year old men, Jimmy still has young children, Robert will be touring with Alison Krauss next year, I'm sure JPJ has stuff going on.......they're getting back together for this concert to honor AHMET ERTEGUN, not feed the selfish fantasies of their fans.

That's probably what RPlant has been trying to say all these time.. Sigh.

But somebody has to carry on the legacy - and fill the void.

LEDZEP songs will still be relevant generations from now. I'm sure future kids would like to hear their repertoire sang live. Honestly, this rap 'music' won't last long.

I

I would have to agree I dont give that guy in the Cult much credibility

as reunion rumors have gone on for so many years, its amazing to see this comment from another band get attention, when there is this -led zeppelin release of material and 02 show build up and numerous comments from -page/plant/jones themselves.

Perhaps, and I am looking forward to R&A.

But it's always been said...Never say never. :rolleyes:

They are doing this to honor a friend. don't ya think a full fledged tour would belittle that? their never going to do it (I hope I have to eat my words,god please make me eat my words)

I don't think so. I seem to recall that Ahmet Ertegun wanted them to eventually reform.

First post hello all - My view is that an under-current of extreme "Zeppness" is underway. This event does not feel like a one-off. Its all there, little anecdotes slipping out here and there-teasing from James. The marketing for the event is enourmous and in my opinion is a platform for bigger things. Robert may well do some dates with Krauss but dont see SS anywhere even close to his agenda looking ahead. He's about to go thru the looking glass and won't be back

I agree. There is an official website, a Led Zep channel on XM, a new CD, a show ...seems a little too coincidental to me.

There are also interviews with Jimmy in the 80s where Page says they would never play together again, and they have. So what's your point? Led Zeppelin, you will notice, have always been big on making 'statements' of who they are at a particular time. Robert, at the time, may well have believed he would never tour. Whats to say O2 won't change his mind.

If ever there is to be a tour, it is more likely now than it ever has been. The commitment from the band to rehearsal, and the positive response from that rehearsal, indicates musical chemistry still exists.

But how about everyone here gets off their know-it-all high horse and stops pretending that they know enough about the people in the band to predict what they will do?

I agree.

But let me suggest something. And this is by way of how business works...you don't spend time and money putting together a new web page, hiring Sam Rapallo so that he gives up his electric magic page which he has been running for years, along with creating a fabulous Myspace, while inking deals to put your music catalogue online along with purchasing custom instruments, etc, for a 2 hour trip down memory lane. This is marketing 101. The facts remain the same, Led Zeppelin Inc. is up and running and the business and marketing logistics going on behind the scenes are enough to impress the savviest Fortune 500 CEO.

I hope they will tour some. Jimmy Page has said several times, they may. I hope that Jason has improved since he toured with Jimmy Page. The Drum Solo that tour, was a recording of someone playing a drum solo. Jason was standing center stage behind two tom toms, kind of like what Sheila E used to do. We did see Jason touring with Foreigner, but there is not much of a chance to shine playing that type of music.

I hope they will tour some. Jimmy Page has said several times, they may. I hope that Jason has improved since he toured with Jimmy Page. The Drum Solo that tour, was a recording of someone playing a drum solo. Jason was standing center stage behind two tom toms, kind of like what Sheila E used to do. We did see Jason touring with Foreigner, but there is not much of a chance to shine playing that type of music.

On an individual level, I think this concert means more to Jason then any other member. Jason is going to bring it, best he can.

I'm very skeptical of most things but I do have to wonder what all the publicity recently is about. I found this site when I went to www.led-zeppelin.com and immediately thought "Why come out with a great official site now? Why not a few years ago when How the West Was Won?". To me that was a bigger deal than the releases now because it was new and fresh.

I read the story in our local paper over the weekend about the lead singer of The Cult saying he'd be back next year on a "special" tour. I also read that the band has said this was a one time thing. Personally I think they'll see how they sound and how they feel after this show and assess it after. They could make $500 million on a tour.

I'd put it at 50/50 that they go on some type of tour. Just look at what Van Halen's done. I don't think they've made up their minds one way or the other and just want to see how it goes. Then they'll talk with each other.

This is the second side of the same record. :P It's like déjà vu.

Robert says no and Jimmy says yes.

Robert's says a lot of things that he later eats his words on.

RP said in an interview that is included on the LZ DVD, Disc 2, that he would never go solo. lol

This might very well be the last LZ concert ever.

RP has always been reluctant to tour as LZ but when RP and JP rejoined for the Unleaded concert, they toured, not as LZ, but they did tour together.

We can hope that they decide to steer their airship towards America, and the rest of the world.

Let's see what happens. :)

Archived