Not Going to be a tour in 08 or ever

As someone who has followed reunion rumors for the better part of two decades, I'd give a limited tour a 50/50 chance.

I think Cream has paved the way for this with their limited tour. Other bands have followed suit with "limited edition" gentlemanly reunions. Like The Police, and Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio). (Actually, now DIO says he's going to share time between B.S. and solo, recording another BS album--another case of a reversal).

What's happening is the promotional engine is gearing up kind of like the way the US military gears up before declaring war. They don't actually have to pull the trigger, but you'd expect this kind of build up beforehand. They are opening the window of opportunity should they decide to jump through it. If they do it, Robert can say he changed his mind for the sake of the fans. If not, they have plausible deniability. Any way you slice it there are no long-term obligations. Really it's a win-win.

NME yikes! are they still relevant? why would they publish a story about a tour being confirmed without talking TO ANY MEMBERS OF THE BAND. Stories like this belong in the Enquirer, or other such types. Don't believe the B.S. out there.

As someone who has followed reunion rumors for the better part of two decades, I'd give a limited tour a 50/50 chance.

I think Cream has paved the way for this with their limited tour. Other bands have followed suit with "limited edition" gentlemanly reunions. Like The Police, and Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio). (Actually, now DIO says he's going to share time between B.S. and solo, recording another BS album--another case of a reversal).

What's happening is the promotional engine is gearing up kind of like the way the US military gears up before declaring war. They don't actually have to pull the trigger, but you'd expect this kind of build up beforehand. They are opening the window of opportunity should they decide to jump through it. If they do it, Robert can say he changed his mind for the sake of the fans. If not, they have plausible deniability. Any way you slice it there are no long-term obligations. Really it's a win-win.

I don't think Robert will change his mind "for the sake of the fans". IMHO he would much rather try to turn people on to what he is doing now, not go on a tour celebrating songs he did 30 years ago.

Cream should be recording and touring PERIOD! I expect Led Zeppelin to be donig this very thing. I expect all of this to continue with new studio l.p.s as well for many years on now amongst their own solo projects which will bring rock back to the front of the page! It is a force to be reckoned with!!!! Queen are releasing a new studio l.p., Heaven And Hell (a variant of Black Sabbath), at some point I do think Black Sabbath will release a new studio l.p., Fleetwood Mac released a new studio l.p. 4 years ago, The Eagles have released a new studio l.p. and I think that they will do more even though Henley recently said that that is the last one. They provide too much good will for everyone to pack it in and quit. Why kill the interest when it is needed so badly for the dying music industry?

...They are opening the window of opportunity should they decide to jump through it. If they do it, Robert can say he changed his mind for the sake of the fans. If not, they have plausible deniability. Any way you slice it there are no long-term obligations. Really it's a win-win.

There's a huge difference between what Cream did and what The Police are doing. The Police are playing everywhere, and have been going nonstop since June, with just a couple short breaks in between. If you're a big Police fan, you had a good shot at seeing them close to home.

Cream's seven shows in two cities over six months really didn't do much to address demand for a legendary band with its original lineup intact. They could have done much, much more.

There's a third way of going about it: Dave Gilmour and Genesis both did relaxed tours, but many more gigs than Cream, and not as many as The Police.

Right now it looks like Robert's going to get his way, but in the unlikely event that they do tour, I can't see them committing to a Police-style, full-on, world-spanning jaunt.

This was in The Boston Globe regarding all these tour rumours. Although, coming from "The Hammer of the Gods" author might not exactly be the best source of info. How much this is worth, who knows? But considering how tabloidish, his writing his, might not be the best source.

Plant zaps Zep tour

Looking forward to Led Zeppelin rocking Boston next summer? Don't hold your breath. The band's unofficial biographer, who happens to live in Milton, says Zep won't be undertaking a reunion tour anytime soon. "My sources say it's not going to happen," says Stephen Davis, author of the best-selling book "Hammer of the Gods: The Led Zeppelin Saga." Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham's son Jason are all on board, Davis said, but Robert Plant isn't interested. "Robert's a wonderful guy and a great singer, but he's an old hippie and just doesn't want to do it." There's been talk of a tour since the band announced it'll take part in the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert in London next month. The Cult's Ian Astbury then fueled the rumor by saying his band's set to open for a dinosaur act. All the hype has prompted Warner Home Video to screen a remixed, remastered, high-def print of the movie "Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same" in nearly 50 US cities tomorrow. (The legendary - and somewhat laughable - rock flick will be shown at the Showcase Cinemas in Revere.) Of course, the renewed interest in Led Zeppelin is good news for Davis. The fourth US edition of "Hammer of the Gods" will be released in a few weeks. "My publisher saw the announcement that Zeppelin would be playing, and said to me, 'Isn't it about time for another edition?' " said Davis, laughing. "And just in time for Christmas."

This was in The Boston Globe regarding all these tour rumours. Although, coming from "The Hammer of the Gods" author might not exactly be the best source of info. How much this is worth, who knows? But considering how tabloidish, his writing his, might not be the best source.

Plant zaps Zep tour

Looking forward to Led Zeppelin rocking Boston next summer? Don't hold your breath. The band's unofficial biographer, who happens to live in Milton, says Zep won't be undertaking a reunion tour anytime soon. "My sources say it's not going to happen," says Stephen Davis, author of the best-selling book "Hammer of the Gods: The Led Zeppelin Saga." Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham's son Jason are all on board, Davis said, but Robert Plant isn't interested. "Robert's a wonderful guy and a great singer, but he's an old hippie and just doesn't want to do it." There's been talk of a tour since the band announced it'll take part in the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert in London next month. The Cult's Ian Astbury then fueled the rumor by saying his band's set to open for a dinosaur act. All the hype has prompted Warner Home Video to screen a remixed, remastered, high-def print of the movie "Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same" in nearly 50 US cities tomorrow. (The legendary - and somewhat laughable - rock flick will be shown at the Showcase Cinemas in Revere.) Of course, the renewed interest in Led Zeppelin is good news for Davis. The fourth US edition of "Hammer of the Gods" will be released in a few weeks. "My publisher saw the announcement that Zeppelin would be playing, and said to me, 'Isn't it about time for another edition?' " said Davis, laughing. "And just in time for Christmas."

A fourth edition???!!! :o:lol: :lol:

Are Stephen's sources the same ones who helped him write HOTG? :rolleyes:

As for a tour not happening, we've already got that message from the main participant.....Robert Plant.

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can. Robert needs to start thinking about all the fans who love them. I'm not talking about "like" them but LOVE them. I don't think its to much to ask. They are able and most of them are willing from the looks of it. Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is. Remember we love them and would like some of there love back. We're human and need the love, just look back at all the posts. I think not doing a tour is selfish. They are the rock gods for this and last generation and many to come. I know they're human. The point is the music they made is more than amazing. I don't think John Bonham would mind a tour. I bet he would have wanted more and would have loved to see his son fill in his shoes.

Bottom line is: Robert you owe Led Zeppelin and us more. Remember "we walk the miles" missing Led Zeppelin!

4. Thank You

BD

Archived