Big vote coming in Scotland. Thoughts? Wonder what Plant and Connery want?

LedZeppfan77

I wonder if Robert Plant or Sean Connery are in favor of this Scotland independence move? If anyone knows, do share. If you are not aware Scotland may break off of their 300 year tie with the UK. Big news there. The White House wants to stay out of it. But lets face it, economically and as far as world related the USA is likely to back Great Britain if backed into a corner. Not that it would happen here.

The White House wants to stay out of it. But lets face it, economically and as far as world related the USA is likely to back Great Britain if backed into a corner. Not that it would happen here.

Word has it Texas is watching this one. :yesnod: If Scotland plays it wise and stays out of the EU, I'm all for it.

Alba gu brath!!

Scotland_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Don't throw any cans of haggis at me, but I hope it doesn't pass. There is the practical side of it, like can Scotland sustain itself economically, would it join the EU, what currency would it have, etc. And then there are the emotional/cultural wrenchings, like will they have to change the Union Jack and who the hell wants to see a map of the UK with Scotland missing, etc.

I bet Ewan MacGregor isn't having it.

I wonder if Robert Plant or Sean Connery are in favor of this Scotland independence move?

"The Yes campaign has centered on a positive vision for Scotland," Connery said, according to the BBC. "It is rooted in inclusiveness, equality and that core democratic value that the people of Scotland are the best guardians of their own future."

I wonder if Robert Plant or Sean Connery are in favor of this Scotland independence move? If anyone knows, do share. If you are not aware Scotland may break off of their 300 year tie with the UK. Big news there. The White House wants to stay out of it. But lets face it, economically and as far as world related the USA is likely to back Great Britain if backed into a corner. Not that it would happen here.

Robert Plant is not Scottish and doesn't live there so he can't vote and is hardly likely to voice his opinion publicly. As for Sean Connery his opinion is also irrelevant as he doesn't live there so he can't vote either.

Connery wants a yes ( for independence) vote, it's long been known. Ironic that he hasn't lived in Scotland for decades. Not sure what Robert thinks or if he is bothered or whether we should be bothered what he thinks about it. I think he might be more involved if it was Wales seeking independence as wales is closer to his heart it seems.

Who cares, they can barely speak English and they eat haggis. That shouts volumes right there. Plus, Prince Henry will ride up there with a horde of Dragoons and some strippers and pull an Edward I on them!!!

Anyway, in all seriousness I don't think this is a good idea at this point for several reasons but mostly because of the Pound. The Queen has publicly stated that if they leave they will not be able to use the Pound and have to develop their own currency. Good luck with that, especially since the Queen controls or has direct access to the majority of the worlds banking institutions. In other words, if Scotland developed their own currency, she would do everything she can to ensure the world does not recognize it nor allow Scotland credit.

I know that is dirty politics but GB does not want to lose the North Sea oil revenue nor the nuclear submarine bases in Scotland. You see, the new Scottish constitution forbids nuclear weapons and will immediately order the closure of these bases and the immediate removal of the subs.

Good luck with that Scotland.

Oh, almost forgot...Connery is a tosser, I hate that guy. He beats women and hates Bond. What a stupid, haggis eating jerk!

Who cares, they can barely speak English and they eat haggis. That shouts volumes right there. Plus, Prince Henry will ride up there with a horde of Dragoons and some strippers and pull an Edward I on them!!!

Anyway, in all seriousness I don't think this is a good idea at this point for several reasons but mostly because of the Pound. The Queen has publicly stated that if they leave they will not be able to use the Pound and have to develop their own currency. Good luck with that, especially since the Queen controls or has direct access to the majority of the worlds banking institutions. In other words, if Scotland developed their own currency, she would do everything she can to ensure the world does not recognize it nor allow Scotland credit.

I know that is dirty politics but GB does not want to lose the North Sea oil revenue nor the nuclear submarine bases in Scotland. You see, the new Scottish constitution forbids nuclear weapons and will immediately order the closure of these bases and the immediate removal of the subs.

The Queen has no say in what currency they choose to use. That is down to the bank of England regarding Scotland keeping the pound. And its the forst I have heard that she direct access to the worlds banking institutions. She uses Coutts bank but i dodn't think you will see her at an ATM. If its a yes vote then the first minister of Scotland has said he wants rid of the UK's nuclear submarine base. However he does wnat the nuclear protection the rest of the UK and NATO provides. I'm not sure if theres the threat of a war that Mel Gibson in his kilt will be available to repel the aggressors.

Robert Plant is not Scottish and doesn't live there so he can't vote and is hardly likely to voice his opinion publicly. As for Sean Connery his opinion is also irrelevant as he doesn't live there so he can't vote either.

But he did own the place in Kidderminster I thought?

Connery has lived in the Bahamas for decades and has specifically vowed not to return to Scotland until they become an independent nation. I wouldn't say that's turning your back on your homeland, per say...I think he was mainly making his case that Scotland should be sovereign.

As for Texas, I don't understand why the media or people of Texas are even mentioning them? No state from the United States can break away from the Union. We've had a Supreme Court decide that over a century ago. Know the Preamble and know the Constitution. Once you're in, you're in. Texas just likes to play this game because of their state's history.

Connery has lived in the Bahamas for decades and has specifically vowed not to return to Scotland until they become an independent nation. I wouldn't say that's turning your back on your homeland, per say...I think he was mainly making his case that Scotland should be sovereign.

As for Texas, I don't understand why the media or people of Texas are even mentioning them? No state from the United States can break away from the Union. We've had a Supreme Court decide that over a century ago. Know the Preamble and know the Constitution. Once you're in, you're in. Texas just likes to play this game because of their state's history.

You don't mean his tattoo on his forearm?

Civil war history missing ?

The Queen has no say in what currency they choose to use. That is down to the bank of England regarding Scotland keeping the pound. And its the forst I have heard that she direct access to the worlds banking institutions. She uses Coutts bank but i dodn't think you will see her at an ATM. If its a yes vote then the first minister of Scotland has said he wants rid of the UK's nuclear submarine base. However he does wnat the nuclear protection the rest of the UK and NATO provides. I'm not sure if theres the threat of a war that Mel Gibson in his kilt will be available to repel the aggressors.

The Windsor Family and various representatives sit on the boards of several European Banks. Also, the Royal Family and the Queen in particular are said to own the majority shares of the Bank of England so yes, she does indeed have a say. The Bank of England is a privately owned entity, owned by the Windsors, Rothschilds, and several other prominent European families.

Oh, almost forgot...Connery is a tosser, I hate that guy. He beats women and hates Bond. What a stupid, haggis eating jerk!

The Windsor Family and various representatives sit on the boards of several European Banks. Also, the Royal Family and the Queen in particular are said to own the majority shares of the Bank of England so yes, she does indeed have a say. The Bank of England is a privately owned entity, owned by the Windsors, Rothschilds, and several other prominent European families.

Where do you get this shit from, you're way off the mark, complete bollocks. The Queen has not publicly said anything about the pound, the most she has allegedly said is that Scotts should think carefully before they vote........... Where did you get your crap about The Bank of England.

I think someone has been reading too many conspiricy theory websites? The reality is as follows:

The Bank of England is the central bank of the whole of the UK and was established as a corporate body by Royal Charter under the Bank of England Act 1694. The Bank was nationalised on 1 March 1946, and gained operational independence to set interest rates in 1997. The Bank is a public sector institution wholly-owned by the government - the entire capital of the Bank is, in fact, held by the Treasury solicitor on behalf of HM Treasury

Correct his main residence is close to Kidderminster. But that is a long way from Scotland. Just west of Birmingham.

I live closer to Scotland than Robert does and I'm 250 miles away. Kidderminster is about 50 miles south west of me.

I really don't care. Although Berwick Rangers could join the English football division if they want. The Scots will have the McPound as an economy and Billy Connolly can go back and live there AND STAY THERE. Though bet he won't.

Kidderminster in Scotland ? :D Get a fucking map!

I think someone has been reading too many conspiricy theory websites? The reality is as follows:

The Bank of England is the central bank of the whole of the UK and was established as a corporate body by Royal Charter under the Bank of England Act 1694. The Bank was nationalised on 1 March 1946, and gained operational independence to set interest rates in 1997. The Bank is a public sector institution wholly-owned by the government - the entire capital of the Bank is, in fact, held by the Treasury solicitor on behalf of HM Treasury

Per The Bank of England website: the bank was given independent control in 1997.

Further:

Privatisation of the bank continued for years until the bank of England was nationalised after the war in 1946.

However because the government was broke after the second world war they didn’t have enough money to buy out all the shareholders so instead they were issued with government stocks.

Although the government now earned money from any bank profits they also had to pay interest on any new stock they issued to pay for the shares they couldn’t buy back in the first place.

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary called BANK OF ENGLAND NOMINEES LIMITED, a private limited company with 2 of its 100 £1 shares issued.

The two shares belong to the bank itself and John Footman who only holds it on behalf of the bank. The directors of this private limited company which is a subsidiary of the bank are John Footman and Andrew Bailey who are both employees of the bank itself.

This company is very special as its protected by the official secrets act, its Royal Charter status and is exempt from the normal disclosure requirements that other companies have to comply with to meet section 27 of the Companies Act 1976.

The reason being is that the major players in the world of finance including the Queen of England and other Royal families use this company to purchase shares and remain anonymous.

However the Bank of England Nominees company accounts are not exempt from any laws regarding companies and they must print their accounts as every company must do which can then be accessed through the Company House website.

However even though the Bank of England is now state owned its important to note that up to 97% of the UK’s money supply is privately controlled being in the form of interest bearing loans created by the big commercial banks.

The bank holds very little government stock and the Bank’s profits primarily come from the issuing of coins and notes for use by high street banks. Therefore it seems the Bank of England has reduced in size and importance over the years and is now mainly a regulatory body that oversees the existing banking system and since the 1997 Labour government it’s main role is to control inflation and the base interest rate used by the country.

Archived