The Rolling Stones To Release 1981 and 1975 concert films

Kevinrm15

The Rolling Stones are once again opening the doors of their archives, with Eagle Rock Entertainment, this time releasing From The Vault – Hampton Coliseum – Live In 1981 and From The Vault - LA Forum – Live In 1975. This is a simultaneous release on SD Blu-ray, DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP.

The first release will be on 3 November 2014, From The Vault – Hampton Coliseum – Live In 1981 by The Rolling Stones. This is the first salvo of From The Vault, a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official releases. This is a simultaneous release on SD Blu-ray, DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP [Cat Nos ERSBD3016, EREDV1052, EAGDV037, ERDVLP083] and boasts a full length 2½ hour concert of The Rolling Stones performing at their very best. The set includes ‘Under My Thumb’, ‘Let’s Spend The Night Together’, ‘Shattered’, ‘Beast Of Burden’, ‘Tumbling Dice’, ‘Miss You’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Jumping Jack Flash’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ and many more.

The Rolling Stones American Tour in 1981 was the most successful tour of that year taking a then record $50 million dollars in ticket sales. The tour was in support of the critically and commercially successful Tattoo You album. There were fifty dates on the tour which ran from Philadelphia at the end of September through to Hampton, Virginia on the 18th and 19th of December. The show on December 18th, which was also Keith Richards’ birthday, was the first ever music concert to be broadcast on television as a pay-per-view event. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

TRACKLISTING:

1) Under My Thumb 2) When The Whip Comes Down 3) Let’s Spend The Night Together 4) Shattered 5) Neighbours 6) Black Limousine 7) Just My Imagination 8) Twenty Flight Rock 9) Going To A Go Go 10) Let Me Go 11) Time Is On My Side 12) Beast Of Burden 13) Waiting On A Friend 14) Let It Bleed 15) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 16) Band Introductions 17) Happy Birthday Keith 18) Little T & A 19) Tumbling Dice 20) She’s So Cold 21) Hang Fire 22) Miss You 23) Honky Tonk Women 24) Brown Sugar 25) Start Me Up 26) Jumping Jack Flash 27) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

The Rolling Stones are a band like no other and with more amazing released on the series set to follow “From The Vault – Hampton Coliseum – Live In 1981” their fans are in for a treat.

The Rolling Stones – Shattered (From The Vault – Hampton Coliseum – Live In 1981)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj96Tau44OA

On 17 November 2014, Eagle Rock Entertainment releaseFrom The Vault - LA Forum – Live In 1975 by the Rolling Stones. This is the second release From The Vault, which is a new series of live concerts from the Rolling Stones’ archive which are getting their first official releases. This is a simultaneous release on DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP [Cat Nos EREDV1053, EAGDV038, ERDVLP084]. This is a full length 2½ hour concert of the Rolling Stones performing at their very best. The set list includes ‘Honky Tonk Women’, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’, ‘Tumbling Dice’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Midnight Rambler’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’ and many more.

The Rolling Stones’ “Tour Of The Americas ‘75” was the band’s first tour with new guitarist Ronnie Wood. Even before the dates started there were dramatic scenes in New York City at the official tour announcement when the band unexpectedly turned up on a flatbed truck to play “Brown Sugar”.

After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8thAugust 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

TRACKLISTING:

1) Introduction* 2) Honky Tonk Women 3) All Down The Line 4) If You Can’t Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud 5) Star Star 6) Gimme Shelter 7) Ain’t Too Proud To Beg 8) You Gotta Move 9) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 10) Happy 11) Tumbling Dice 12) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 13) Band Intros* 14) Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)* 15) Fingerprint File 16) Angie 17) Wild Horses* 18) That’s Life* 19) Outta Space* 20) Brown Sugar 21) Midnight Rambler 22) Rip This Joint 23) Street Fighting Man 24) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 25) Sympathy For The Devil

*Not available on LP

The Rolling Stones are a band like no other and From The Vault – LA Forum – Live In 1975 shows just why; this is two and a half hours of the best musical entertainment available anywhere.

That post read like a publicity hack's wet dream. I wonder if he works for the Stones. ;)

The 1975 is definitely the more interesting of the two releases. I went to the July 10th and 13th concerts...both were among the longest shows the Stones had ever played. Two hours plus, ending after midnight with "Sympathy for the Devil".

The things I remember most from that tour are the awesome stage design...a glass flower opening up to reveal the band, the inflatable cock, and Billy Preston and Mick Jagger making out.

Oh, and those tribal drummers.

It's a shame not all the songs will be on the vinyl release.

The 1981 I'm less enthused about. It was a mediocre tour, with the Stones frequently being outplayed by the opening bands. The venues were mostly outdoors with terrible sound, Mick was a poncy fuck in a ridiculous football uniform, Keef looked bored to tears, and that boring stage with the giant Jovan perfume banner was dated upon arrival. It looks even more hideous now.

I saw several dates on that tour...L.A., Houston, and Dallas...and ZZ Top and the Prince debacle in L.A. were the only interesting moments from those shows. Oh, and the stabbing in Houston.

I also watched the pay per view broadcast. All I remember from that is Keef bashing someone with his guitar.

I have long had the bootlegs, so I'll probably only get the 1975 release. I do wonder what effect these releases will have on Jimmy Page. Will the Stones recent barrage of live concerts from the vault loosen Jimmy's thinking on putting out more Zeppelin shows, even if they aren't technically perfect?

One can only hope.

Archived