MLB Playoff Contest

LedZeppfan77

What were you going to enlighten us with Walter?

Letting you know that Bonger had already posted after the Tigers' loss - but then I saw that you had already seen it in the other thread. Just trying to be helpful!

Letting you know that Bonger had already posted after the Tigers' loss - but then I saw that you had already seen it in the other thread. Just trying to be helpful!

Yeah sometimes its tough to know or see posts as they get posted over fast. I am as guilty as the next guy, so I guess the smart thing to do in threads is go back a page or two and see what has been posted. These playoffs are just beyond belief. I do sort of have a problem with the concept of playing 162 games and then having a team go home after a one for all and even a best of five seem s bit slight. Are the Giants really better than the Nationals? The 162 game season says no. But maybe Washington played in the worst division in baseball. I do not know how anyone can think the Mets adn Phillies are as tough to beat as the Yankees and Tampa and Toronto. Give me a break. The Orioles earned their way here. Anaheim is being exposed as they beat Houston and Texas for a month. the ONLY reason they had a better record by 4 games than us. And we took care of them head up. Beating Detroit and putting them away will be a tough task. If we can beat Detroit, we can beat ANYONE.

Yeah sometimes its tough to know or see posts as they get posted over fast. I am as guilty as the next guy, so I guess the smart thing to do in threads is go back a page or two and see what has been posted. These playoffs are just beyond belief. I do sort of have a problem with the concept of playing 162 games and then having a team go home after a one for all and even a best of five seem s bit slight. Are the Giants really better than the Nationals? The 162 game season says no. But maybe Washington played in the worst division in baseball. I do not know how anyone can think the Mets adn Phillies are as tough to beat as the Yankees and Tampa and Toronto. Give me a break. The Orioles earned their way here. Anaheim is being exposed as they beat Houston and Texas for a month. the ONLY reason they had a better record by 4 games than us. And we took care of them head up. Beating Detroit and putting them away will be a tough task. If we can beat Detroit, we can beat ANYONE.

Yeah, I scratch my head at the length of the NBA and NHL seasons - 82 games, correct? - and they have best of 7 series' from the beginning to the end. Then you have MLB with the longest season - 162 games - and they have the "one and done" wild card round, and then a best of 5 series before finally going to best of 7 in the championship series. Ass-backwards, if you ask me! :wacko:

Yeah, I scratch my head at the length of the NBA and NHL seasons - 82 games, correct? - and they have best of 7 series' from the beginning to the end. Then you have MLB with the longest season - 162 games - and they have the "one and done" wild card round, and then a best of 5 series before finally going to best of 7 in the championship series. Ass-backwards, if you ask me! :wacko:

They should not play hockey in June or July and they should not play baseball in cold weather like later October in the North. My problem with the NBA is playing on Xmas day and often shitty sub 500 teams in the East get in while teams in the West twenty games over 500 go home.

They should not play hockey in June or July and they should not play baseball in cold weather like later October in the North. My problem with the NBA is playing on Xmas day and often shitty sub 500 teams in the East get in while teams in the West twenty games over 500 go home.

Yeah, I agree. You know the NBA and NHL want as little competing as possible against the NFL.

Yeah, I agree. You know the NBA and NHL want as little competing as possible against the NFL.

I do know people that love baseball and hockey and hate football. I must say I do not like the NFL like I used to because the refs have too much power. Too many flags. Every time a guy goes down the field to catch a pass, if he does not catch it you look for the flag and they try to buy the ref. And it works too many times. And many holding calls have are so border line and they are no where near the action. It makes no difference in the play but they have to be in control and throw the yellow flag and get on television. They are ruining the sport

I must add, they have taken the kickoff out of the game and now allow defenders to push a guy out in mid air not allowing him to land in bounds. Total bullshit. At least in baseball they hold up the integrity of the game created decades ago

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update--seeing as how zepscoda was the only one with the Royals in the World Series. I'll have more after the postseason awards come out when I have to factor in everyone's Cy Young picks. But until then...

zepscoda: 135
kingzoso: 55
jabe: 50
apantherfrommd: 35
LedZeppfan77: 20
ebk: 20
Strider: 15
Walter: 15
paul carruthers: 15

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Yeah, I know most of you probably forgot about this--but I promised an update after the Cy Young awards were handed out, so here's the totals for everybody who participated in the playoff contest and those who predicted the Cy Young award:

jabe: 150

ebk: 120
Strider: 115
paul carruthers: 115
jb126: 100
Bong-Man 100
So, by virtue of his Cy Young pick, jabe vaults ahead to the finish line. Congrats jabe (that is if anybody is still paying attention)...
;):cheer:

Update: Yeah, I know most of you probably forgot about this--but I promised an update after the Cy Young awards were handed out, so here's the totals for everybody who participated in the playoff contest and those who predicted the Cy Young award:

Bong-Man 100
So, by virtue of his Cy Young pick, jabe vaults ahead to the finish line. Congrats jabe (that is if anybody is still paying attention)...

Thank you! Thank you all very much!

Right off, I would like to thank my parents for having met, fallen in love, gotten married, and conceived me along the line, raising me with their greatest love, guidance and intent, and then having had to put up with my crazy shenanigans over the course of many,many years.

I would also like to thank the band Led Zeppelin, for their music and influence on me, over the course of many,many years, which led (sic) me to this fine, site where I've met and/or corresponded with several of the finest people on the planet earth.

Lastly, special thanks to paul carruthers and his tireless work in making the MLB Playoff Contest a huge success.

I will proudly display the MLB Playoff Contest Trophy on the fireplace mantle in my living room. Thanks again all, and to all who participated!!!

(There is a fucking trophy, right?)

Right off, I would like to thank my parents for having met, fallen in love, gotten married, and conceived me along the line, raising me with their greatest love, guidance and intent, and then having had to put up with my crazy shenanigans over the course of many,many years.

I would also like to thank the band Led Zeppelin, for their music and influence on me, over the course of many,many years, which led (sic) me to this fine, site where I've met and/or corresponded with several of the finest people on the planet earth.

Lastly, special thanks to paul carruthers and his tireless work in making the MLB Playoff Contest a huge success.

I will proudly display the MLB Playoff Contest Trophy on the fireplace mantle in my living room. Thanks again all, and to all who participated!!!

Here's your fucking trophy! It even comes filled with candy - can't get better than that!!

cdc2f04c-fbda-4b6d-a90b-373f2b64b096_zps

Congrats!

Very nice!!! Although I did not know or realize that we had to pick a Cy Young winner. I would have lost anyways as I would have picked Adam Wainwright over Kershaw. Clayton Kershaw may deserve this award, but the StL Cardinals completely battered him this past season and even last season (2013). I think that even Madison Bumgarner is more worthy of this award then the much vaunted and hyped Kershaw.

Congratulations!!!

Bong-Man 100

:bagoverhead: :bagoverhead: :bagoverhead:

Throw in some of those gummies that zepscoda wrote about, from Colorado, then you really have a nice trophy!!! :yesnod:

Wish I still had some of them gummies :)

I totally forgot about this MLB contest, wish I was doing this good with the NFL pics.

Archived