Looking For Mudsharks at the Edgewater Inn

Strider

Yes Ressi you are correct Percy Throwup was a Gardening expect on a show called Gardeners World in the 60/70's. It was a cult show for all things green fingered. I don't ever recall him chundering on the delights of Sativa or Indica though.

Here is a snap of the old compost man enjoying a toke:

post-4226-0-18924000-1412164315.jpg

Whilst I have a good memory day, I recall many years ago a van was travelling down the motorway in England. On the back was advertised "Robert Plants Eggs". Some cheeky scamp had scrawled underneath " whole lotta oeufs"

Note quite Neal. I think you may be referring to the English slang for a women who is, how shall we say, easy with the legs? This type of woman is often seen on Saturday nights drunk and slobbering over numerous blokes. This type is often called a slapper.

Percy is, as you say is a slang term for the "old chap" and as is our humour, when going for a piss one would announce " just going to point Percy at the porcelain" :lol:

A Slapper is something I'm quite familiar with. A Snapper is a term that has long gone out of vogue, which is why you may be unfamiliar with it.

The Percy's Progress connection to the band giving him the nickname was very real. They were all very into that era of UK films, such as Confessions of a Window Cleaner and other such sex romps that were basically X-rated (UK film censorship rating) versions of the Carry-On films of the 70s and 70s.

Nice to see you in my neck of the woods. Did you check out the EMP?

I have done the EMP and Jimi Hendrix landmarks on previous visits so I skipped it this time. This was mostly a family visit or I might have PMed you to see if you were up for a drink.

Nice photos Sean and thanks for sharing them. Sounds like you had a great time, well deserved I am sure. Glad to see it is still around as a lot of the places are being torn down. I can only imagine your thoughts during your visit :friends:

A Slapper is something I'm quite familiar with. A Snapper is a term that has long gone out of vogue, which is why you may be unfamiliar with it.

The Percy's Progress connection to the band giving him the nickname was very real. They were all very into that era of UK films, such as Confessions of a Window Cleaner and other such sex romps that were basically X-rated (UK film censorship rating) versions of the Carry-On films of the 70s and 70s.

I know what Slapper means in Brit slang but where did it come from? Is the implication that such women deserve to be slapped around?

I have done the EMP and Jimi Hendrix landmarks on previous visits so I skipped it this time. This was mostly a family visit or I might have PMed you to see if you were up for a drink.

I'd have met you at Jimi's grave. :)

I know what Slapper means in Brit slang but where did it come from? Is the implication that such women deserve to be slapped around?

Not sure Duckie. There are countless words, slang or otherwise, in our language that have no origin other than people say it. Not sure the implication that you mention is correct. One should never give a woman a slapping. It maybe Cockney rhyming slang?

• 5 months later...

Not sure Duckie. There are countless words, slang or otherwise, in our language that have no origin other than people say it. Not sure the implication that you mention is correct. One should never give a woman a slapping. It maybe Cockney rhyming slang?

It originated in East London and Essex. But not rhyming slang. Thought to be of Yiddish origin 'shlepper' meaning slovenly or immoral woman.

Having lived in both the East End and now Essex, it is not about women being 'slapped around'. I have never heard the term linked to that.

I'm guessing the groupie never came forward, either because, well you wouldn't would you? Or it never happened and it is just a story.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. Besides I think the red head in question was described by Richard Cole as cute not scary.

Oh yeah, who would want to muck around with a dead fish and Don Arden with tits? Blech

Archived