Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Funny.. to me it conveys that he can't wait to shut the doubters up once and for all..

I agree with you. I just ordered this and can not wait to read it in full. I really feel something is coming over this next year. We will just have to wait and see. 2015 may become a very important year for Jimmy.

To be fair, Plant has made his disdain for Stairway to Heaven pretty clear over the years, probably didn't help that Page was tagging it on to the end of another song.

He tacked that on the entire tour, not just that show.

Let the Un-Leashing begin. Un-Leash the Leashed. The Leashed SHALL be Un-Leashed.

Shall the Un-Leashing be Leashed? Who lost the Leash and how can we commence the Un-Leashing?

Fear not my fine feathered friend. Jimmy said that the unleashing will be in 2014. We are no doubt on the eve of something huge. ;)

Fair enough. It could convey that, and after all it's only taken him 15 freaking years to come to the realization it's probably time to move on musically. Let's see if he walks the walk!

2015 album release date: None

2015 tour itinerary: None

Yeah.... he was talking the talk to the press way back in 1999 too. "12-15 songs ready to go"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2W-clZSXY

You guys are more boring and predictable than anything Page has said or done. Talk about nothing new.

In the Classic Rock interview, he says of recording, "I haven't got any musicians ready at the moment to do anything, because it won't be until next year that I'd even be able to do that. I've got so much promo to do......."

That doesn't sound as though anything is about to be unleashed in 2014

Look what I have to work with.

If you want a better photo, bring a better face.

Les Paul was semi-retired for 20 years. Other than the album he cut with Chet Atkins he was not playing live or recording in a consistent manner. He came out of retirement and played until he dropped. Was there something wrong with him?

Les Paul was semi-retired for 20 years. Other than the album he cut with Chet Atkins he was not playing live or recording in a consistent manner. He came out of retirement and played until he dropped. Was there something wrong with him?

A return such as that for Jimmy Page is quite possible...but definitely not probable.

I think if Page goes out and does a tour or releases an album, then great. I will eagerly await any announcement. I'll leave it to him to announce it if and when it happens. Depending on forum member to have inside knowledge is useless. Life goes on

Which would help the situation even less.

Or if there was a problem with it, they could've discussed it like men and dealt with it. Personally, I don't believe that was ever a problem. Never any proof of that ending being a "situation" either.

Or if there was a problem with it, they could've discussed it like men and dealt with it. Personally, I don't believe that was ever a problem. Never any proof of that ending being a "situation" either.

Totally agree...I don't think Robert had any aversion to it whatsoever and lest we forget during Robert's 1990 World Tour he occasionally teased the audience with a lyrical reference to Stairway to Heaven during Liar's Dance ("there's a lady there who's sure" (pause) "I'm sure she won't be back again".

I have no idea whether there was a problem although if Robert didn't want to play Stairway & Jimmy was tagging the intro on the end of another song, it might not have helped.

Pure speculation, obviously. Maybe they had a good laugh about it backstage or maybe neither of them were fussed. Who knows...

I have no idea whether there was a problem although if Robert didn't want to play Stairway & Jimmy was tagging the intro on the end of another song, it might not have helped.

Pure speculation, obviously. Maybe they had a good laugh about it backstage or maybe neither of them were fussed. Who knows...

It was one way of playing it without actually playing it. I thought it was clever at the time.

If his trove of unreleased commercial-grade (which is important!) material was as vast as you suggest he wouldn't have had to use "Domino" for Net Aid and scrape together "Embryo 1" & "Embryo 2" on short notice for It Might Get Loud.

I've been watching that net aid clip of domino for a long time, great song.

In regards to Pages, on this day comments. He made modest comments about songs like emerald eyes and cadillac.

Yet in 08/09 he said he has material that he is proud of, in a few interviews I've seen posted. Was it last year, or this year, with the comment of unleashing new material, on, on this day comments. I think he has some very good material..

After the zep releases, being done, I could see him releasing an album...possibly exclusively on his site.

Perhaps if one can overlook its glaring similarities to Midnight Moonlight.

I never thought to compare the 2 songs. There is the quiet to loud structure and somewhat a similarity to the heavy riff cycles. Michael Lees tribal drums during the quiet sections, make this song unique. I like the muddy and almost bass guitar sound on domino too. I still sorta cant believe that this song can be around for so long, not on any record format yet...just existing on youtube and section on, it might get loud.

Plant likes the tribal drum sound too huh...with the band of joy and new space shifter records. Its seems page and plant are still inspired by the tribal sound of, four sticks...even with the drum loops used on, unledded. In a way, it was always about the drums.

Archived