Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-page-says-he-will-start-new-band-perform-material-spanning-his-entire-career/#T9Erf54MaGkVubqZ.99

During an appearance earlier today (Tuesday, September 30) at the playback of the remastered versions of "Led Zeppelin IV" and "Houses Of The Holy" at Olympic Studios in London, England, Page was asked directly by NME.com if remastering the albums made him want to reform the band again. He said: "I don't think it looks as though that's a possibility or on the cards, so there's not much more I can say about that. I'm not going to give a detail-by-detail account of what one person says or another person says. All I can say is it doesn't look likely, does it?" When pressed on whether the holdup was down to frontman Robert Plant's reluctance to revisit the band, Page added: "I've just said it doesn't look very likely."

Page also spoke about desire to get a band together and hit the stage again. He told members of the media at the event: "If I was to play again, it would be with musicians that would be some of the names might be new to you. I haven't put them together yet, but I'm going to do that next year. If I went out to play, I would play material that spanned everything from my recording career right back to my very, very early days with THE YARDBIRDS. There would certainly be some new material in there as well."

He's ready... Paging David Coverdale ????

David+Coverdale+Classic+Rock+Roll+Honour

And, we know this guy wants to come on board!!!!

Dave-grohl-plays-drums.jpg

My brain says it's not very likely that JImmy actually has plans like this, my heart on the other hand hopes this news will turn out to be true.

I do wish Jimmy would actually come up with new music and perform again. No, it won't be Led Zep, but it might still be interesting.........

Oh well, for now we'll have to wait and see how much of this is true or not........

Maaike

Timeline of events:

Jimmy Page announces a 14 night residency at London's Hammersmith Apollo.

Tickets only available to touts and dishonest websites who rip off true fans and sell out within 1 minute of going on sale

Celebs, of course, are given priority tickets even though they have never heard of him.

The shows are a complete success with long time "fans" Harry Styles and Cara Dumbassbrain saying wow "I never knew he wrote Stairway to Heaven"

File under: Never happen

Seeing Jimmy live would literally be a dream come true, the guy's the reason I picked up a guitar. The trouble with Jimmy's comments and not just now is that it's always "I'm going to do" and not "I'm doing". Perhaps it's to build anticipation and gage interest, however, surely the guy knows it would be a big deal and people want to see it. I'll believe it when I see it but it does seem that something may be happening as this time it was a more detailed answer.

Whilst it's going to be unknown guys if it happens, decided to include a wishlist for the hell of it:

Chris Cornell - Vocals

Duff McKagan - Bass

Dave Grohl - Drums

Derek Sherinian - Keys

...but this is still the best one...

mstork, on 12 Feb 2014 - 10:05, said:snapback.png

For what it's worth, this was just tweeted by the usually-reliable LedZepNews:

"I have some of my new work coming out in March.” - Jimmy Page, talking to a fan recently during his visit to Thailand

Well, that settles it then. Jimmy Page's magnum opus is imminent because some kathoey in Thailand claims Jimmy told him so.

i'm getting really bored of Page's continuing "hints" at doing something, which he well knows will never materialise. i think it smacks of desperation. he'd dead without zeppelin hence he'll just keep endlessly promoting zeppelin one way or another and keep talking of a new project

does he actually need to be doing the recent rounds of promotion for these releases? and presumably he'll be doing the next two lots as well next year, each time it gets him on the radio and in the papers and magazines which is want he seems to achieve, but he just keeps repeating the same old stuff, never reveals anything new as such.. i think he's just desperate to be in the limelight but knows he has no other means of achieving it

i love jimmy as much as anyone on here, but my opinion has become much more objective over the last few years because of all his empty talk and trying to sell overly priced memorobilia etc, although i do think the vinyl releases are well priced which is a relief. i think its become well past its sell by date and undignified. he's just wanking over his past

Still hard to unconvince me now, could be shameless optimism on my part. I honestly just FEEL something this time.

When I first heard this yesterday, it seemed practically confirmed, so.I.thought Jimmy had confirmed it the way Cookie reported it in Led Zeppelin News. I feel something is coming this time too.

does he actually need to be doing the recent rounds of promotion for these releases? i think he's just desperate to be in the limelight but knows he has no other means of achieving it

Yes, he's contractually obligated to fulfill his promotional duties for these releases. I don't think he's desperate to be in the limelight, I think people are desperate for him to be in the limelight. So quite often it's just a polite response to "What are your plans?" or perhaps also positive "self talk" - very public, recurring attempts to motivate himself to do something. However, I discussed before how his eyes betray him. They always suggest he doesn't seem to really believe a word of it and thus neither should we. This also explains why Jimmy repeatedly softens his statements about his plans with qualifiers (escape clauses) such as "If" and "I intend".

When I first heard this yesterday, it seemed practically confirmed, so.I.thought Jimmy had confirmed it the way Cookie reported it in Led Zeppelin News. I feel something is coming this time too.

The Led Zeppelin News tweet dropped all of Jimmy's qualifiers so that it would read as if Jimmy said something significant. He did not.

He's going on tour next year, dates as follows:-

Brigadoon - 12th of never

The lost city of Atlantis - either before the chicken or the egg (TBC)

Narnia - the 6th dimension

Emerald City - 30th February

Bedford Falls - When the dragon suit comes out the dry cleaners

There will be NOTHING in 2015. Guaranteed. Besides, did everyone forget the solo release that he stated was going to be "unleashed" on the world in 2014? He's being barraged and backed into a corner by reporters, and he is trying to present himself as viable, rather than saying, "No, I'm done, but does anyone have any vintage vinyl they want to sell?"

Optimism by fans is good, but Jimmy is completely happy being himself, and enjoying his hobbies and indulgences. It must be a daunting thought to be 70, and considering forming a band, then writing and recording an album, and finally going on tour like a 19 year old. Remember this, past behavior is the best indicator of future performance. Jimmy has done nothing for the last 20 years, because deep in his heart he doesn't want to, save a Zeppelin reunion. Period.

Besides, if Jimmy had a REAL announcement to make about his solo career, he would do so through his website, and not through an incidental question and answer session related to something other than his solo career (ie: Zeppelin releases).

There's something that feels UNreal this time. It's just the same old, same old.

The problem for a guitarist is that without the right vehicle in which to present your music, its pretty much impossible to get out there and play. Its pretty clear that Page views Robert Plant as the only singer he wants to play with, and thats not going to happen any time soon. Plus, Page is nearly 71. It would be pretty daunting and difficult for him to go and assemble a brand new band and go out touring around the world, I'd imagine. I just cant see it happening.

i'm quite happy for him never to do anything else, or the opposite should he so choose. i just dont understand why he cant just answer with the truth, which could still be wrapped up in a positive way as in "i havent any plans at present" rather than the hints or straight nonsense talk, as in "i want to get out there this year/next year/ any year in the last 10 that ive promised"

a life of vinyl purchasing and hanging around wherever he fancies must be a good way to spend the days. fair play to him

Just join them crooked vultures and deactivate that band, do some zep tunes, it would be killer. Forget the other band members commitments, this would be huge

Would love that! Thought TCV were amazing. As a huge FF/Nirvana and QOTSA fan it was amazing to see JPJ with Dave and Josh. I can't see TCV getting back together any time soon. The Foos have Sonic Highways coming out at the end of the year, followed by what I imagine will be a huge world tour next year. Plus, it's their 20th anniversary.

He's going on tour next year, dates as follows:-

Brigadoon - 12th of never

The lost city of Atlantis - either before the chicken or the egg (TBC)

Narnia - the 6th dimension

Emerald City - 30th February

Bedford Falls - When the dragon suit comes out the dry cleaners

I'm having a bit of a post-amazing RP concert emotional dip, so thanks for the laughs.

As for Jimmy, it seems a swing of the pendulum has occurred. Whereas before people believed his declarations of creative output (or at least were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt), now people seem jaded. I don't blame them - we've heard it all before, but I do feel bad for Jimmy for being kind of exposed and maybe feeling rightly or wrongly (I think he took things the way he wanted to hear them?) as if he were misled about a possible reunion (again, a misnomer). Perhaps Robert's agreeing to the P/P ventures before and certainly the O2 show gave him a hope he's clung to... I wonder why, then, he said no to Robert's new acoustic material suggestion?

This is a longstanding issue rooted in the paths each of the guys took after Zep was no more. Yes there were some missteps, but Jonesy and Robert kept at it. Now they've got vast musical resources and relationships and experiences to pool from. It lends a certain kind of confidence and keeps the instruments/talents stretching.

This whole thing of Jimmy saying he's working on getting into playing shape is indicative of being stuck and not stretching; how does a career musician not play? If you look at his MO these past years, it's ALWAYS Zep project first, then any new creative outputs. Same thing with the latest announcement: we'll play a retrospective of my career, oh yeah and some new material. With the other two guys, it's the other way around, and they've come through the other side with varied, interesting musical experiences and outputs.

People say, oh well he's 70, it's not easy to put a new band together, write new music, go out on a tour, but Jonesy is just a couple of years younger, and Robert a couple of years younger still. Plus, we could have said that when Jimmy was their age, or younger, or younger still.

The time will pass one way or another, and since I'm feeling Lord of the Ringsy, "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." Jimmy's made his choices along the way, and people have seen the results, so they're not buying what he's telling them (only the merch). This is something Jimmy has to really face once and for all to get off the merry-go-round. A musician of his considerable talents should not be losing artistic legitimacy and integrity over 'he said/I said' statements that have been going on for YEARS. Kudos to Robert for staying true to his path and also more bluntly stating that a reunion idea is dead. My sense is that he's been trying to be gracious in public about it, and in doing so has come across as not completely saying no.

Now Jimmy can't hide behind Robert's comments and use them as an excuse to stay stuck, and must decide if he'll be a curator of a legacy or a creator or new music which is what got him to such a lofty position in the music pantheon to begin with. There's really nobody else he need look to for that.

I'm reminded of a comment Jimmy Page made during an interview years ago, "I put everything I had into Led Zeppelin." Maybe this wasn't just hyperbole on his part. Maybe he really did use up his best musical ideas between 1968-1980. Twelve years is a damn good run for a rock band. Led Zeppelin were the kings of rock for a while there and Jimmy Page was at the helm steering the ship. It must have been an exhilarating ride, but it also had to be exhausting. The pressure to repeatedly come up with new music and produce albums that have stood the test of time. The struggle to stay on top of the rock music heap. When you read the various books about Led Zeppelin, one point that comes through is that Jimmy Page was worn to a frazzle by the end of the 1973 tour. Yet, he soldiered on for seven more years.

Page is seventy years old. If he prefers to spend his golden years playing with his grandchildren and collecting vinyl recordings, I'm cool with that. I just wish he dispense with the coy statements about "possibly making new music next year". I also think Patrycja is onto something when she wrote "Now Jimmy can't hide behind Robert's comments and use them as an excuse to stay stuck." I'm starting to wonder if Page wanted a reconstituted Led Zeppelin tour (with Jason Bonham on drums) as much we assumed he did. Maybe he always realized that Plant wouldn't be interested and used Plant's unavailability as his excuse to not get out there and make music.

ok, i could have been wrong. i was saying it was real this time based on reporters writing as if it was a sure thing .

but even with that he seems more specific this time and not hanging on to any possible reunion. that it will be a different band but he will do led zep stuff as the others do and maybe some new stuff.

ok, i could have been wrong. i was saying it was real this time based on reporters writing as if it was a sure thing .

but even with that he seems more specific this time and not hanging on to any possible reunion. that it will be a different band but he will do led zep stuff as the others do and maybe some new stuff.

I don't think you were wrong, I think LedZepNews removed the words he used to change the meaning of his comments. Some media outlets did the same in the headlines, others used his comments in the stories but ignored the conditional language he used in their interpretation even as the quotations sat there in black and white.

Why they did this, one can only speculate.

He didn't say anything different than he's been saying for years - except when asked to extrapolate on the "If I were to..." he did so by talking about who he would play with and what music he would play.

Why he keeps doing this, one can only speculate.

Here's a BBC interview from 2012. Listen to what he says at 18:40 about his new music and about reunion potential at 22:32. This is just one example. You can find many more with his answers being almost identical, the most common phrase being, "next year..."

I do think he has material but between 2007-2014 when has he really had time to release in the capacity he wants. 08-10 was spent waiting on Robert and trying other singers and also his book. 11-12 was spent on Celebration Day and the Zeppelin remasters till now, he hasn't had much time to make a real effort that perfectionist Pagey would want to.

I do think he has material but between 2007-2014 when has he really had time to release in the capacity he wants. 08-10 was spent waiting on Robert and trying other singers and also his book. 11-12 was spent on Celebration Day and the Zeppelin remasters till now, he hasn't had much time to make a real effort that perfectionist Pagey would want to.

That's just it, Stairway. You make the time and put in the time to whatever's important to you. Waiting on Robert? And in the meantime you don't make new music ... for years? I don't buy it. Everything new and creative has been secondary to Zep projects, which by the way, never seem to run out. That's fine, but don't then use Plant as a crutch when you're not prioritizing creating new ventures. It's not fair for Jimmy to imply 'oh you're the bad guy' when Robert's out staying true to whatever moves him, making new music.

The creative well is never dry. Never. But it does get polluted and it takes a lot of work to clean it out again. You have to wonder where Jimmy is in the task given his nebulous 'new material' comments and being tethered to all things of past greatness.

Zep was a great band. The music stands the test of time. And it is a worthy venture to put out things from the vaults or remaster the material. But doing that solely while paying lip service to new creative output muddies the well.

Don't forget It Might Get Loud, the Olympics, Lucifer Rising, the website on repeat, museum-quality photographs, and most especially, rock n roll mugs and golf shirts.

Regardless of side projects mired in past glory and his mythologized perfectionist tendencies (he's about control not perfection),16 years have come and gone with no new music released. That fact speaks louder and more clearly than any doctored news story ever could.

Why don't we just let the man be who he is - a retired rock god. That's good enough for me. Until next year then.

Archived