Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

(yawn...) Jimmy is going to play D&C as an instumental ; and something from the Yardies...(yawn); with a new band of unknown musos...Welcome to 1988 all over again. I saw him at RPI Fieldhouse in Troy, N.Y. in 11/88 perform this Exact scenario (Outrider tour) with John Miles on vocals and Durban LaVerde on bass; and a young Jason Bonham on drums. The critics slagged the show, saying he intoduced the "pieces" like he was holding a library reading. (personally, I liked the show, but their was a lot of waffle to stretch it out). Now he's going to do it again! I love Page, but he's seriously out of touch with his audience, and seems to live in the past. The last time he was inspired is working with Coverdale, where they wrote good tunes fast and furiously. Now, (yawn), we can look forward to possibly another rehash- to satisfy the "young" fans; just like he has "Re-Mastered the Zep Catalog", yet again: (I think the latest remaster is the 3rd time). If Page didn't have writer's block, Plant would have worked with him and Jones just after the 2007 Reunion; but Plant walked away, why-because there was no material of the quality of a D&C; or Rain Song; or Achilles; SIBLY; STH; TYG; etc. Just as Plant walked away from Jimmy's demo follow up to Clarksdale. Does anyone really believe that IF Page had presented material of Past "Zep Quality", Plant would have balked/walked?

are u sure plant listened to a demo follow up to clarksdale from jimmy?

i dont think hes heard what jason ,jonsey & page were excitedly working on, or has he ?

are u sure plant listened to a demo follow up to clarksdale from jimmy?

i dont think hes heard what jason ,jonsey & page were excitedly working on, or has he ?

Robert's heart and direction was no longer with Page/Plant at least four months before Jimmy and Michael Lee convened for studio rehearsals in Summer '98.

Jimmy, JPJ & Jason rehearsed on and off for up to nine months following the 02 show. It did not amount to anything; regardless Robert was just not interested.

Robert's heart and direction was no longer with Page/Plant at least four months before Jimmy and Michael Lee convened for studio rehearsals in Summer '98.

Can you elaborate on this? Did Plant have another musical project in mind or was he merely burned out on touring Walking Into Clarksdale?

Can you elaborate on this? Did Plant have another musical project in mind or was he merely burned out on touring Walking Into Clarksdale?

Watch BIGLY on the Paris Amnesty gig. Plant obviously fed up with Page's soloing

and his use of the intro to Stairway at the songs end.For me this is where Plant decided to jump ship!

I've covered this in great detail before so suffice to say following the Paris Amnesty International gig in December 1998 Robert began a slow fade out of the Page/Plant partnership. A plan had been in place nearly a year in advance for them to return for a Japanese tour in April 1999. However, Robert opted out, cryptically remarking "there are only so many Springtimes" before taking an extended sojourn to India, Spain, Scotland, Thailand and Cuba with his girlfriend at the time (Jessica Jupp).

In May 1999 Jimmy & Robert were to reconvene to begin writing their second album but Robert cancelled at the last minute, counter-offering with August. In July 1999 Jimmy and Michael Lee began a series of studio rehearsals which would last until early Autumn. However, when Jimmy contacted Robert in early August Robert remained firmly uncommitted to returning to work on a second album. Coincidentally, it was around this time that Black Crowes manager Pete Angelus telephoned Jimmy to inquire if he'd be interested in a touring collaboration. The rest is history.

If Robert's subsequent explanation years later is to be believed, he genuinely felt at the time that he would never tour or record again. It must be said his formation of Priory of Brion that Summer provided him a vehicle for performing music he loved without the hassle of any promotional duties, studio bookings or touring outside of the UK and thus would seem to support there is an element of truth to it.

Watch BIGLY on the Paris Amnesty gig. Plant obviously fed up with Page's soloing and his use of the intro to Stairway at the songs end.For me this is where Plant decided to jump ship!

Robert himself has freely admitted he had an epiphany onstage during the Paris Amnesty performance akin to the one he had at Live Aid, which was also along the lines of "should I be doing this?"

Steve,

Why hasn't Page worked with Jones all these years? That would have made more sense vs Plant, as Jones is more interesting musically. They didn't need a vocalist, as he can (sort of) sing or they could have done instrumental avant garde stuff together. Seriously, I'd like to hear your opinion on why these 2 musical equals from LZ do not wish to work with each other.

Why Plant refused to work with Jones is another question. Their musical tastes have converged.

I think P & P are stuck on ideas from the past, what they feel they are "supposed" to do, and they can't do that anymore so they run away entirely, rather than reinvent themselves.

A few weeks ago, I saw a story on Yahoo News that said Jimmy to be a guitarist in some supergroup. Before I could click on it, the story was immediately taken down. Weird.

It's just as well. There are enough unfounded Jimmy Page rumors and comments taken out of context on the internet already.

Watch BIGLY on the Paris Amnesty gig. Plant obviously fed up with Page's soloing

and his use of the intro to Stairway at the songs end.For me this is where Plant decided to jump ship!

How do you get that from just that one quick shot of Plant? It looked more like he was trying to time his entrance for the chorus correctly. Plus, the stairway intro is in the same key as Babe so, why the heck not?

How do you get that from just that one quick shot of Plant? It looked more like he was trying to time his entrance for the chorus correctly. Plus, the stairway intro is in the same key as Babe so, why the heck not?

To be fair, Plant has made his disdain for Stairway to Heaven pretty clear over the years, probably didn't help that Page was tagging it on to the end of another song.

I think Robert Plant's so called disdain for sth is somewhat a common thing in rock or successful art, where an artist downplays the success or popularity of it, because it can be a stagnating thing and a commercial trap.

With Jimmy Page, I'm guessing he has amassed a decent amount of material. He could go for a Santana type of Grammy record, or an instrumental record with artistic merit. Obviously all options are open for someone of his stature.

He may even have so much material, that he doesn't know what to do with it at this point. Apparently Neil Young says, he literally has tons of material. Page has been so quiet for so long, it's got to be a significant amount of material, stuff he wanted to record with Jones and Plant and whatever else.

I think Robert Plant's so called disdain for sth is somewhat a common thing in rock or successful art, where an artist downplays the success or popularity of it, because it can be a stagnating thing and a commercial trap.

With Jimmy Page, I'm guessing he has amassed a decent amount of material. He could go for a Santana type of Grammy record, or an instrumental record with artistic merit. Obviously all options are open for someone of his stature.

He may even have so much material, that he doesn't know what to do with it at this point. Apparently Neil Young says, he literally has tons of material. Page has been so quiet for so long, it's got to be a significant amount of material, stuff he wanted to record with Jones and Plant and whatever else.

If his trove of unreleased commercial-grade (which is important!) material was as vast as you suggest he wouldn't have had to use "Domino" for Net Aid and scrape together "Embryo 1" & "Embryo 2" on short notice for It Might Get Loud.

Funny.. to me it conveys that he can't wait to shut the doubters up once and for all..

Fair enough. It could convey that, and after all it's only taken him 15 freaking years to come to the realization it's probably time to move on musically. Let's see if he walks the walk!

2015 album release date: None

2015 tour itinerary: None

Fair enough. It could convey that, and after all it's only taken him 15 freaking years to come to the realization it's probably time to move on musically. Let's see if he walks the walk!

2015 album release date: None

2015 tour itinerary: None

:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Archived