Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

ok...great ... So what if it is?

The original source for much of Midnight Moonlight from what I've heard was the unreleased 20 minute instrumental, Swan Song.. which goes back to at least late 73-74..and parts of that probably go back to White Summer.

It doesn't mean the well has run dry.. At least not to me. It means there's something to it that Page wants to complete or go back to... a recurring theme... and why not?

They're HIS IDEAS. Alot of musicians go back to other songs as a running theme... not least the late great Frank Zappa.. and his well NEVER ran dry..

As time has gone by, I'm not so sure the well was ever that wet. He never wasted a riff in any form, and I really don't think songwriting was really ever a strength of his as much as we might think. Hes always needed collaboration with others to excel, and its just not there anymore with anyone he can trust.

I'm contemplating how to handle the Lions game from London this week. Thats a 6:30am start for you West coast fans...lol. NFL Today at 6am. Bloody Mays, bacon, and pancakes ? I bet Jimmy likes flapjacks....so sorry...wrong thread. **puts down bong**

As time has gone by, I'm not so sure the well was ever that wet. He never wasted a riff in any form, and I really don't think songwriting was really ever a strength of his as much as we might think. Hes always needed collaboration with others to excel, and its just not there anymore with anyone he can trust.

your comment intrigued me because in general i don't think a lot of us realize the extent of JPJs contributions and how much he made LZ

A bit of backtracking in the Q&A below? So, if he has his picture taken of him with a guitar in his hands he can say he fulfilled his original premise that he wants to be seen to be playing. He also says he has NOTHING recorded, so for those who still belive he's going to "unleash" stuff this or next year, you may be disappointed

So what does 2015 have in store for you? You’ve talked about maybe doing a tour, maybe doing some new music.

Well, everyone’s talking on my behalf! You know what it’s like on the internet. What I said was, “I’d like to be seen to be playing.” In other words, visually seen to be playing. Or visually playing. Out of my house! I wouldn’t be able to do that, currently, with everything else that’s going on. I wouldn’t be able to think about putting it together until next year. But, you know, I love playing live, that’s what I intend to do, but that’s further on down the road. It’ll be into next year, it won’t be this year.

I'm reminded of a comment that Page once made during an interview...something to the effect that he wasn't so much a songwriter as a riff maker. I've also read that he and Jackie DeShannon wrote some songs for Marianne Faithfull during his session musician days. Does anyone know these songs' titles and if Faithfull ever recorded them? Did he contribute the melodies to The Rain Song and Over The Hills And Far Away?

ok...great ... So what if it is?

The original source for much of Midnight Moonlight from what I've heard was the unreleased 20 minute instrumental, Swan Song.. which goes back to at least late 73-74..and parts of that probably go back to White Summer.

It doesn't mean the well has run dry.. At least not to me. It means there's something to it that Page wants to complete or go back to... a recurring theme... and why not?

They're HIS IDEAS. Alot of musicians go back to other songs as a running theme... not least the late great Frank Zappa.. and his well NEVER ran dry..

The same thing happens in classical music. Gustav Mahler milked his Das Knaben Wunderhorne song cycle for all it was worth reusing some of its melodies in his Second, Third and Fourth symphonies.

A bit of backtracking in the Q&A below? So, if he has his picture taken of him with a guitar in his hands he can say he fulfilled his original premise that he wants to be seen to be playing. He also says he has NOTHING recorded, so for those who still belive he's going to "unleash" stuff this or next year, you may be disappointed

So what does 2015 have in store for you? You’ve talked about maybe doing a tour, maybe doing some new music.

Well, everyone’s talking on my behalf! You know what it’s like on the internet. What I said was, “I’d like to be seen to be playing.” In other words, visually seen to be playing. Or visually playing. Out of my house! I wouldn’t be able to do that, currently, with everything else that’s going on. I wouldn’t be able to think about putting it together until next year. But, you know, I love playing live, that’s what I intend to do, but that’s further on down the road. It’ll be into next year, it won’t be this year.

We know what he said, does he? So I'm just trying to decide which of these two is more lacking -- clarity or credibility.

The Dark Lord, on 12 Oct 2014 - 23:25, said:snapback.png

Jimmy said the unleashing will be in 2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014.

We are no doubt on the eve of something huge. ;)

Fixed that for you. ;)

That is all you need in this whole thread. For at least (I'll be kind) ten years, we've heard about how he has new music ready to go, how he's got some real surprises in new music, how he really wants to play live again, and....

Well I can't find a smiley that is just a big ole puff of smoke, aiming for our butts.

Sorry JP, you've lost your cred. Now if he started talking about remastering something AGAIN, now THAT, I could def believe. But new music or a tour? Nah. (and please, that rabid POS called Lucifer's Rising counts as a negative).

I think the album(rescheduled for early 2017-18 release) will feature a collaboration with Grace Potter titled, "Phrasing Grand" including new versions of Led Zeppelin classics along with new material including a scorcher titled, "Panty Dropper" co-written by Potter and ending with a cover of "Please Read The Letter" with JPJ on bass and Page asking, "Hey, have you read the letter?" and JPJ replying, "No I ain't read the letter" before exclaiming, "Ahh tour dates...this is tomorrow".

I'm reminded of a comment that Page once made during an interview...something to the effect that he wasn't so much a songwriter as a riff maker. I've also read that he and Jackie DeShannon wrote some songs for Marianne Faithfull during his session musician days. Does anyone know these songs' titles and if Faithfull ever recorded them? Did he contribute the melodies to The Rain Song and Over The Hills And Far Away?

yes. Robert, I would assume wrote the vocal melodies. But the music is Page.. which is extremely melodic in its own right.

He has written some of the most melodic music in the history of Hard Rock.. Not just "Riffs".

Riffs by the way can be considered melodic as well.. Also, Page's solo's are usually very melodic..

If he said that, he was just being modest..

Robert's heart and direction was no longer with Page/Plant at least four months before Jimmy and Michael Lee convened for studio rehearsals in Summer '98.

Jimmy, JPJ & Jason rehearsed on and off for up to nine months following the 02 show. It did not amount to anything; regardless Robert was just not interested.

i see sadly..... so geeeze ! their was even new music written here also!

does anyone know if Plant heard any of it BEFORE he bailed?

Steve .....i againl humbly ask your opinion-

you seem to feel page lost some of his abuilitys after presence

I ASK was it also technical? or just ceative what brought u to thiis opinion ?

is there such a noticable diference in his playing on his later recordings -on late zep & post zep recordings?

i thought his playing & what input he "did" have on ITTOD was just as amazing!

example : the blistering crazy blastoff during the solo on :"in the evening" =that still seemed like the same untouchable magic to me

so is there a bigger diference on the post zep material?

im not a musician i cant tell the technical complexities of music,

i see sadly..... so geeeze ! their was even new music written here also!

does anyone know if Plant heard any of it BEFORE he bailed?

My understanding is that Plant was already committed to his Raising Sand collaboration with Allison Krause by the time of the O2 concert. What I would like to know is if either JPJ or Jason have recorded any of this new music or performed it live during the past six years?

Steve .....i again humbly ask your opinion-

you seem to feel page lost some of his abuilitys after presence

I ASK was it also technical? or just ceative what brought u to thiis opinion ?

is there such a noticable diference in his playing on his later recordings -on late zep & post zep recordings?

What I have said is that Jimmy Page reached his artistic zenith in Munich in November 1975, the recorded results of which is the Presence album. That is to say that from a creative standpoint nothing that has followed since has equaled that artistic statement. However, from a performance standpoint, I believe his playing in the latter half of 1995 and throughout 1998 is better than that of the '77-'80 era.

Disco Duck asked if Jimmy, Jason or JPJ recorded any new material in recent years. I honestly don't know but I have read that BBC's "Save me" came out of the post O2 concert 2008 JP, JPJ, JB sessions.

Here's something that's been on Youtube that claims to be a "leaked" instrumental from something Page is/was working on recently [who knows exactly when with Page lol] Keep in mind it could be totally fake and I'm not saying its real. But it does sound cool IMO either way.

well the link doesn't work, so just type in "Jimmy Page solo album 2014 leaked demo" on youtube.

Here's something that's been on Youtube that claims to be a "leaked" instrumental from something Page is/was working on recently [who knows exactly when with Page lol] Keep in mind it could be totally fake and I'm not saying its real. But it does sound cool IMO either way.

well the link doesn't work, so just type in "Jimmy Page solo album 2014 demo"on youtube.

It's fake, uploaded by a struggling musician in an attempt to cash in on Jimmy's musical inactivity.

What I have said is that Jimmy Page reached his artistic zenith in Munich in November 1975, the recorded results of which is the Presence album. That is to say that from a creative standpoint nothing that has followed since has equaled that artistic statement. However, from a performance standpoint, I believe his playing in the latter half of 1995 and throughout 1998 is better than that of the '77-'80 era.

So are you saying that drugs played a major role in Jimmy's creative process? And since he's been clean he hasn't reached that zenith ?

So are you saying that drugs played a major role in Jimmy's creative process? And since he's been clean he hasn't reached that zenith ?

No, I am not saying that drugs played a major role in Jimmy's creative process and as to why he hasn't reached that zenith since, well that's just the nature of artistic creativity, isn't it? Nobody's golden era lasts a lifetime.

Edited to add: There's also a lot to be said for being in the right place with the right thing at the right time!

No, I am not saying that drugs played a major role in Jimmy's creative process and as to why he hasn't reached that zenith since, well that's just the nature of artistic creativity, isn't it? Nobody's golden era lasts a lifetime.

I will go on record and say that certain drugs that Jimmy Page and the rest of Led Zeppelin took (between 1968 - 1979) had a very major role and impact in the actual song-writing process, rehearsals, recordings, etc... that made Led Zeppelin's music so Unique. We all know that Led Zeppelin and hundreds of other musicians did drugs.

Just because one wants to believe that Led Zeppelin never did any drugs (both soft and hard), you are only fooling yourselves.

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. There is a reason for this adage. Even though Led Zeppelin did not create this adage, Led Zeppelin were probably the first Rock and Roll Band to take this saying and make it just about Their Own (and I have NO problem with that).

Archived