Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

What I would like to know is if either JPJ or Jason have recorded any of this new music or performed it live during the past six years?

So we know Jason did with Black Country Communion with "Save Me" but as far as John Paul Jones is it possilbe he may have performed any of the music at any of the live events he has performed at since then? Maybe at the Mandoline de Lunel last November or another one of the live events that he's performed at?

To try to stay on topic I'll just say bring it on Jimmy!

I will go on record and say that certain drugs that Jimmy Page and the rest of Led Zeppelin took (between 1968 - 1979) had a very major role and impact in the actual song-writing process, rehearsals, recordings, etc... that made Led Zeppelin's music so Unique. We all know that Led Zeppelin and hundreds of other musicians did drugs.

Just because one wants to believe that Led Zeppelin never did any drugs (both soft and hard), you are only fooling yourselves.

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. There is a reason for this adage. Even though Led Zeppelin did not create this adage, Led Zeppelin were probably the first Rock and Roll Band to take this saying and make it just about Their Own (and I have NO problem with that).

I never said they didn't use drugs and certainly wouldn't claim they were probably the first rock and roll band to do so. :rolleyes:

You have gone on record as having said drugs played "A VERY MAJOR ROLE" in their song-writing process and recordings. Please cite some specific examples where drug use had a positive impact in those areas. If what you have stated is correct this should not be at all difficult to do.

To bring it back on topic, I believe Jimmy being "clean" or not has little to do with his 15 year artistic hiatus.

Jack Bruce is dead, so that rules that out (and given how much he bitched about Led Zeppelin in the past, would not have been a good match anyway).

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-29772926

Sorry to hear about Jack Bruce's death. He composed and sang some great tunes in his time. RIP and thanks for the music.

Steve,

Why doesn't JP get together with JPJ? JPJ still has ideas that are very good and JP needs him to make music. I never understood why Page went with Plant in the 1990s instead of Jones who would have made a better partner. JPJ is just as important to the Zep sound as JP but nobody wants to admit that.

Steve,

Why doesn't JP get together with JPJ? JPJ still has ideas that are very good and JP needs him to make music. I never understood why Page went with Plant in the 1990s instead of Jones who would have made a better partner. JPJ is just as important to the Zep sound as JP but nobody wants to admit that.

Jimmy tried to do so in 2008...it amounted to nothing. Jimmy went with Robert in the '90s because it was Robert who invited him to participate in the MTV Unledded project.

Jimmy tried to do so in 2008...it amounted to nothing. Jimmy went with Robert in the '90s because it was Robert who invited him to participate in the MTV Unledded project.

The time that Robert invited Jimmy was right in the middle of Jimmy's tour of Japan with David Coverdale, which was cut short to Jimmy. Jmmy has made it sound that Robert was jealous of him working with David.

The time that Robert invited Jimmy was right in the middle of Jimmy's tour of Japan with David Coverdale, which was cut short to Jimmy. Jimmy has made it sound that Robert was jealous of him working with David.

Jimmy & Robert convened in Boston the weekend of November 20th 1993. Robert was in town to perform two nights at the Orpheum Theater and Jimmy was on his way to Los Angeles for Coverdale/Page Japanese tour rehearsals. The Japanese tour was always meant to be seven shows, and it was. However, as a result of Robert inviting Jimmy to participate in the Unledded project the Coverdale/Page partnership quietly dissolved when the Japanese tour ended.

http://www.thefox.com/onair/colfax-5418/jimmy-freaking-page-12904343/

At the end of the interview, he says (regarding his tour plans) that "I'm just playing fun with the Internet" because he likes the idea of forum posters "chatting on for days and staying up all night waiting for the next posting while I'm just having a good time and acting normally." (Not sure what "acting normally" means, really.) Based on this interview, along with the other evasive passively-worded statements of "I'd like to be seen playing," I'm guessing that we won't be seeing him anytime soon. As if that wasn't already apparent.

At the end of the interview, he says (regarding his tour plans) that "I'm just playing fun with the Internet" because he likes the idea of forum posters "chatting on for days and staying up all night waiting for the next posting while I'm just having a good time and acting normally." (Not sure what "acting normally" means, really.) Based on this interview, along with the other evasive passively-worded statements of "I'd like to be seen playing," I'm guessing that we won't be seeing him anytime soon. As if that wasn't already apparent.

It's discourteous to others for him to do so. He should realize it ultimately doesn't reflect well upon him, particularly here in Japan where being a man of one's word is still considered a virtue. If he truly wanted to be seen playing live he would have performed more than one full-length concert in the past 15 years. He will always be a public figure of interest and worthy of discussion, but anyone who thinks the world hasn't moved on from Led Zeppelin is in deeper denial than he apparently is.

So he's read my thread, cool. What is he playing at though?

At the end of the interview, he says (regarding his tour plans) that "I'm just playing fun with the Internet" because he likes the idea of forum posters "chatting on for days and staying up all night waiting for the next posting while I'm just having a good time and acting normally."

Not Mr. Page's finest moment. He needs a publicist. Maybe he can borrow Robert's for the next reissues press tour.

It's discourteous to others for him to do so. He should realize it ultimately doesn't reflect well upon him, particularly here in Japan where being a man of one's word is still considered a virtue. If he truly wanted to be seen playing live he would have performed more than one full-length concert in the past 15 years. He will always be a public figure of interest and worthy of discussion, but anyone who thinks the world hasn't moved on from Led Zeppelin is in deeper denial than he apparently is.

Agree and adding that honesty is a virtue regardless of geographical location. I understand if he is annoyed that so many media outlets distorted his responses by omitting key words but there is a way to correct that. It's completely within his power. His comments about "the internet" make him sound like an out-of-touch, bitter old man.

Yes, he has a right to be whoever he wants to be.

No he doesn't owe me anything.

But I'm sorry to see this side of him. Makes all those "tales" in Hoskyn's book seem less tall.

Myles Kennedy was on Howard Stern talking about those auditions a few weeks ago.

..and Ginger Baker is not interested in working with Jimmy Page.

Well thank goodness for that! I would think the feeling is quite mutual.

Nothing good would come out of that partnership..

All Jimmy would have to do is see Ginger Baker's idiotic comments about John Bonham "not being able to swing a F***ing sack of S***

to blow that project right out of the water..

If were a celebrity I would avoid internet posts that discuss me. I certainly wouldn't admit to reading them. It sounds as if Page has too much spare time on his hands.

Not Mr. Page's finest moment. He needs a publicist. Maybe he can borrow Robert's for the next reissues press tour.

Agree and adding that honesty is a virtue regardless of geographical location. I understand if he is annoyed that so many media outlets distorted his responses by omitting key words but there is a way to correct that. It's completely within his power. His comments about "the internet" make him sound like an out-of-touch, bitter old man.

Yes, he has a right to be whoever he wants to be.

No he doesn't owe me anything.

But I'm sorry to see this side of him. Makes all those "tales" in Hoskyn's book seem less tall.

A publicist could advise and coach Page till the cows come home, but if his natural inclination is to get testy when put on the spot then interviews are always going to be potential land mines for him.

I do not hold my breath for any future JP release. Obviously I would be more than happy if that would happen but I have just become less and less optimistic every year he does his little "I have something prepared for next year´s release" thing he does every by the end of every year.

Some of you refered to RP´s mentioning new accoustic material with JP, JPJ and JB but Jimmy was not interested. I have never heard of this, could somebedy please fill me in? Any reasons why Jimmy declined the offer? What was actually going on?

i must have misread it, sorry my bad. but when did this happen anyway?

In the Robert Plant: A Life (Paul Rees) book, Ross Halfin is quoted saying that Robert told Jimmy that they ought to "do something together" after the Celebration Day premiere in 2012 but Jimmy dismissed him (no reason given). I'm not sure if this was the same supposed offer to work on acoustic music together.

My own speculation is that by 2012 JP was fed up with RP's refusal to reunite and/or didn't want to work only on RP's terms.

Another interesting moment in the book is when Halfin says he asked JP why RP is "dismissive" of Zeppelin, and JP said that RP resents that he (JP) "taught him how to sing, how to act, and how to move... told him how to do everything and he resents that."

I don't doubt the veracity of the quotes as Halfin is JP's friend/sycophant.

Well thank goodness for that! I would think the feeling is quite mutual.

Nothing good would come out of that partnership..

All Jimmy would have to do is see Ginger Baker's idiotic comments about John Bonham "not being able to swing a F***ing sack of S***

to blow that project right out of the water..

I read somewhere that when Bonham was asked what he thought about Baker's comment he said, :whistling:

"I don't know what he's on about but if I were to swing a sack of shit, it would be upside his bloody head!" ;)

:3stooges:

I read somewhere that when Bonham was asked what he thought about Baker's comment he said, :whistling:

"I don't know what he's on about but if I were to swing a sack of shit, it would be upside his bloody head!" ;)

:3stooges:

Unfortunately, John Bonham was long gone at that point.. That makes it even worse in my book.. He's not even around to defend himself..

Baker slammed Keith Moon in the same tirade..

Archived