Black Friday 2014 - Record Store Day?

The Only Way To Fly

• 1 month later...

I talked to the good people at Record Surplus and Amoeba and yes, there is a Black Friday Record Store Day this year. They are basically killing the golden goose. Be the first in line to get your special 5 Seconds of Summer Picture Disc!

Here is the full list of RSD releases for November 28:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

• 3 weeks later...

So anybody heading to their local record stores this Friday to try and pick up any of the special releases? I could have asked and maybe gotten the day off for my birthday, but chose not to.

Black Friday is next week not this Friday. November 28.

Black Friday is next week not this Friday. November 28.

And in reality it has already started. The bargains are just as good all the weeks surrounding it. Its competition to get you in the store. I would like to get an Apple laptop at a good price. Not happening. While in NY City I visited their store there. Some place. WalMart and Amazon are the two biggest monsters out there now.

I went today. FREEZING at Reckless Records on Broadway in Chicago. Few people in line; not many. Anyway I picked up Elvis live, Frozen & South Park picture disc, Bille Holiday, Phil Spector red vinyl disc & New Order EP on clear vinyl. The only real bummer was NO swag like there is in Spring. Anyway - Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Holidays to those not in the States. Peace. If you got some stuff today; just add it to the thread.

I went today. FREEZING at Reckless Records on Broadway in Chicago. Few people in line; not many. Anyway I picked up Elvis live, Frozen & South Park picture disc, Bille Holiday, Phil Spector red vinyl disc & New Order EP on clear vinyl. The only real bummer was NO swag like there is in Spring. Anyway - Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Holidays to those not in the States. Peace. If you got some stuff today; just add it to the thread.

Glad you got something for your trouble of waiting in the cold. Got stuck working today so missed getting Black Friday Record Store Day releases...Elvis, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Fishbone, Flaming Lips, and New Order were definitely on my list.

We hit Macy's first and got some real good deals for my wife. Leather high boots, sweaters, and I wound up getting two more credit cards. Target and Macys. I plan to use Amazon for the duration now if I can get away with it. Maybe Walmart. I have made my second purchase since WalMart started their price check compare and save program. You get their app. You scan your reciept on your cell phone. the bar code. You then enter a number on the receipt. Then WalMart tells you how many stores are on the list that have the same items you just purchased. It can take up to 3 days but they then go to work with their computer and if anything is less elsewhere, they put the difference in your account. I got a dollar and something the first time. I am just going to wait for it to accumalate a bit before I get a gift card or what ever method I chose. Its a marketing strategy that is sure to explode

Archived