'Jimmy Page In Conversation With Chris Cornell' To Be Held In November In Los Angeles

luvlz2

To celebrate the publication of Jimmy Page's official photographic autobiography, "Jimmy Page" -- the first book by a member of Led Zeppelin -- Genesis Publications (with Guitar World and Guitar Aficionado) will present "An Evening With Jimmy Page In Conversation With Chris Cornell".

The event will take place 8:30 p.m. November 12 at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles.

The audience will be invited to join Page and Cornell -- the Soundgarden frontman -- as they look through unseen photos and memorabilia, many drawn from Page's archives. Page will revisit memories of his life in music, "from 13-year-old choirboy to Sixties session musician, through The Yardbirds to Led Zeppelin and beyond."

"I always like to do something different. If you're inspired by an idea, really make something of that inspiration," Page said. "That goes for music, as well as anything else, even putting a book together! To have a photographic autobiography is a totally different way of looking at things, but it does the job very well and I think it will bring a lot of pleasure to people."

Delving into his personal archives, Page has revealed unseen photographs, memorabilia and every one of his passports. His passport stamps were used to verify all tour dates, making Jimmy Page an authorative historical account.

In addition to Page's photos and those chosen from various sources, including fans and magazines, his book showcases a collection of iconic portraits and rare images by more than 70 of the greatest names in rock photography, including Ross Halfin, Kate Simon, Gered Mankowitz, Dominique Tarle, Pennie Smith and Jim Marshall. Page chose one of his favorite portrait shots for the book cover: a 1977 passport photo shot by Neal Preston on board Led Zeppelin's private tour plane.

There are many rare finds throughout, such as Led Zeppelin playing an impromptu gig in a nightclub in Jersey or double-exposure shots of Page and Brian Jones by Ian Stewart.

"I wanted to make it as thorough as possible, so that meant trawling through all the thousands of files that photographers had taken, and pulling from my personal collection as well," Page said. "There's a photo of me playing the guitar by the fire at Bron-Yr-Aur cottage. It's the most complete document that there's ever going to be because of the amount of time that I've put into every aspect."

Important Info:

Doors: 7:30 p.m.

Show: 8:30 p.m.

Tickets: Available starting October 10 from local outlets, including Amoeba Music and Book Soup; nationwide from ticketmaster.com

AMEX presale start: 10 a.m. PST October 8

AMEX presale end: 10 p.m. PST October 9

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-page-in-conversation-with-chris-cornell-to-be-held-in-november-in-los-angeles/

post-15049-0-77436300-1412634332_thumb.j

^^LOL! You are a year younger than me! I think we have about 8 to 9 of us for the NY event and growing.....wished you could attend this one with us as well, but we need west coast coverage from the forum:-) However you still have time to join us in NY :friends:

As one who it not attending in any of the locations, if there is a Q&A, I would be interested to know why this cover shot is his favorite and why it was chosen?

If any of you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it, too.

Mr. James Patrick Page is My most favorite person on this entire planet and I would never say anything negative or disparaging about this Man, however, I would and am also interested about this question, why was it chosen (as the cover photo)?

Pick your seat....

Appears to be one price only, for all seats $150 ($176 with fees).

The evening includes video clips, guest speakers as well as Jimmy Page reading excerpts from his book.

I believe there's also a $100 seat. Apparently they both come with books, the $150 one comes with a "hand stamped" book.

I will be attempting to score a ticket when they go on sale, but I really don't have a way to get downtown. If anyone from the IE or OC is planning to go... :smiley_pray:

It will be fascinating to hear accounts of all these book events: Tokyo, London, Paris, New York and LA .

The signs are that with different sponsoring organisations and very different pricing structures the audiences won't all get the same kinds of production, or format to the events.

Strider, perhaps you have some Airline miles you can use or credit card points and make the trip out to NYC! We'd love to have you join us!

I just came back from a long vacation as well as taking time off twice earlier this year. Plus we're now shorthanded at one of my jobs thanks to a guy going cuckoo...so no can do, unfortunately. Look forward to hearing your reports as to what I can expect Nov. 12.

I just came back from a long vacation as well as taking time off twice earlier this year. Plus we're now shorthanded at one of my jobs thanks to a guy going cuckoo...so no can do, unfortunately. Look forward to hearing your reports as to what I can expect Nov. 12.

Too bad Strider and hope you at least get to go to the LA event! Hopefully your vacation was relaxing, memorable and no incarceration ! Enjoy Robert's show tonight! It's a good one as I saw his US opener in Portchester a couple of weeks ago! Hope you're enjoying his new album as I am. I think it's one of his best!

His NPR broadcast is available again!

• 2 weeks later...

I am still on the fence about this...if there was an actual signing, perhaps I would be more inclined. With so much recent expenditures on my vacation, concerts, the Zeppelin, Queen, Stones and other deluxe box sets that have been released, not to mention the holidays coming up, a stamped Jimmy book has slid down the totem pole of priorities.

Things may change as November 12 draws nearer.

Archived