Why do we tolerate stealing?

ScarletMacaw

I have a Youtube channel. I share obscure music from one of my favourite genres (from the time I was a little girl) : Garage Punk.

I have written a pretty elaborate disclaimer in the About section, clearly stating that I am here to introduce people to songs that I love (from my personal CD collection) and hence, generate awareness. I then, talk about how music piracy is not cool, thereby urging folks out there, to buy the record / cd/ itunes download.

I myself make use of Youtube to discover 'new' music. Had the freedom to share and generate awareness been stifled, who knows where I'll be, with regard to my music taste. 

I hate You Tube mainly for all the idiots that comment there. I like instructional videos for guitar and drums and there's always some wise asses that post who know anything and everything about this, that or the other. They're "always better" than anyone else. I thought there was supposed to be a family/community for musicians to support each other and give positive advice. You could have fooled me. The pretty girls who post are also subjected to abuse. I'd like to punch out a lot of these keyboard loudmouths.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 4:23 PM, kipper said:

Technically I think people who post youtube videos with music that isn't their is stealing. It says on the music when you buy it is copywrited and that just lets you yourself listen to it. If you make copies for other people you are stealing. Led Zeppelin blocks a lot of their music on youtube because it is their music and because people stole it.

The irony... :shifty:

8 hours ago, kipper said:

stealing is stealing unless you are a progressive and then it is okay if you do it

sad

Since this thread was started by a progressive you are talking bollocks as usual.

40 minutes ago, kipper said:

then why were you and others attacking her Strider?

If you weren't blind as well as unable to comprehend simple English, you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can't speak for the others but I was not attacking her, I was disagreeing with her position that YouTube clips equalled stealing. Whether or not someone is a progressive or not has no bearing to me. I don't care about political labels...conservative, liberal, progressive, libertarian, authoritarian...it matters to me not where a person is on the political stripe, only their actions and words.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Since this thread was started by a progressive you are talking bollocks as usual.

He's probably referring to progressive's love of over taxation, which is theft. Coordinated, yet equally immoral, theft.

Or the Supreme Court's decision today, which stemmed from an incident in 2015 which brought to question whether or not burglary is a violent crime. If it is, the subject would have been deported (2x offender). It was ruled that "violent crime" is too vague, and the burglaries were not sufficiently "violent", so this repeat offender will remain in the USA.

45 minutes ago, Strider said:

I don't care about political labels...conservative, liberal, progressive, libertarian, authoritarian...it matters to me not where a person is on the political stripe, only their actions and words.

Im a bit different. Words are nothing, I only judge a persons actions and only the ones that harm others. I think to many people let words bother them. If I let all the words people put on me negatively I would have never survived past 8 years old.

I have no problem with someone taping part of a concert they went to and sharing it, because it's a personal experience of a one-time event, and filmed by the person sharing it.

Don't let Bob Dylan hear you say that. :rtfm:

Archived