The "Walking Dead"

kingzoso

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Give a brother a hand...

Upon reading this thread I figured I would give Walking Dead a chance. I generally despise zombie based movies & shows because the premise is well, impossible. Anyway, from the glowing reviews I figured I would give it a go. I made it through episode 3 of the first season and so far I am not impressed. As far as shows about a dystopian future are concerned I believe Jericho was a much, much stronger show with a plausible premise. So, help me out here, what am I missing? Is this a show which takes a while to find its legs?

Excuse me while I watch Luther, another amazing show with a great cast while I await some much needed guidance.

• 2 months later...

This most recent episode of TWD, titled "No Way Out", is probably one of the greatest episodes of this whole series (so far).  I am also thinking that these next seven episodes will find a way to top the previous ones.  Each new episode better then the last one. 

On 2/15/2016 at 2:09 AM, kingzoso said:

This most recent episode of TWD, titled "No Way Out", is probably one of the greatest episodes of this whole series (so far).  I am also thinking that these next seven episodes will find a way to top the previous ones.  Each new episode better then the last one. 

Yeah but who can take a direct hit bullet to the eye and live??? Kinda hokey there!

• 3 weeks later...

Another great episode of the "Walking Dead" the other night.  Like I said before, this second half of season six, each episode seems to outdo and top the previous episode.  From what I have heard and read, the last episode of this season will bring "shock" and "awe" (and profound sadness) to the fans of this great American production. 

• 4 weeks later...

The last 10 or 15 minutes of TWD season six finale was some of the most intense in this incredible shows history. 

Negan finally makes his appearance and he seems like a dude not to fuck with and does not fuck around when it comes to displaying sheer brutality. 

• 6 months later...

I am not into this type of stuff, but I heard Sarah Wayne Calliies is in this?  With black hair?  Is this true?  I absolutely love her.  But in Prison Break.  She is Micheal Scofield's wife in the series and they are close in real life.  She is smokin.  This is her?  is she in this?

SarahWayneCallies1_zps4b389084.jpg

33 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am not into this type of stuff, but I heard Sarah Wayne Calliies is in this?  With black hair?  Is this true?  I absolutely love her.  But in Prison Break.  She is Micheal Scofield's wife in the series and they are close in real life.  She is smokin.  This is her?  is she in this?

SarahWayneCallies1_zps4b389084.jpg

Yes, that is her.  In the "Walking Dead" she play the wife of Rick Grimes, a sheriff in Georgia who wakes from a coma to find the world he knew is not the world it is now. 

When a co-worker asked me if I wanted to borrow the first 4 seasons of TWD (about 2 or 3 years ago), I told him that I did not think that I would like or get into a show about zombies.  He told me to just go ahead and watch the first season and see what I thought.  I am glad he convinced me because it turns out to be one of my favorite TV shows.  According to some, TWD is the highest rated show in history (or at least recent history). 

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are definitely favorites of mine. 

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Yes, that is her.  In the "Walking Dead" she play the wife of Rick Grimes, a sheriff in Georgia who wakes from a coma to find the world he knew is not the world it is now. 

When a co-worker asked me if I wanted to borrow the first 4 seasons of TWD (about 2 or 3 years ago), I told him that I did not think that I would like or get into a show about zombies.  He told me to just go ahead and watch the first season and see what I thought.  I am glad he convinced me because it turns out to be one of my favorite TV shows.  According to some, TWD is the highest rated show in history (or at least recent history). 

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are definitely favorites of mine. 

I just do not get into things like vampires and zombies.  No thanks.  Its not real in any way.  Prison Break, on the other hand, is something that is highly possible.  its fabulous.  She has a huge part in that  She is Dr Sara Tangretti and the eventual wife of Micheal Scofield (Wentworth Miller), and he is the brains behind the escape and what happens afterwards.  Its one of the best shows I have ever seen.  4 seasons are out and finished  So they have come back to make season 5 and are filming it now.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:27 AM, geekfreak said:

:boohoo:yes only just found out what the hell I was missing out on...bollocks! 51yo7hN8IeL._SY445_.jpg 

I am glad that you found this because, in my opinion, this is a very good show that whoever does not watch it should give it a try and not miss out on how great it is. 

What are your thoughts on this show so far? 

Abraham is the one who I always thought it would be.  Big enough character to cause a stir, but not too big.  You never know though....  The writers are not afraid of getting rid of high ranking characters. 

Archived