05.14 Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO

05.16 Civic Center, Oklahoma City, OK

05.17 Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX

05.19 The Summit, Houston, TX

05.22 Forum, Los Angeles, CA

05.23 Pacific Amphitheatre, Costa Mesa, CA

05.25 Concord Pavilion, Concord, CA

05.26 Concord Pavilion, Concord, CA

05.28 Center Coliseum, Seattle, WA (Phil Carson joins)

I'm seeing this only now, but thanks a lot, Steve. :thumbsup:

saw the firm at assembly hall in champaign, ill in early 1986... spectacular to see jimmy from fourth row center

anybody have any info or reviews?

googled and also checked local newspaper archives to no avail. :(

maybe i just dreamed the whole thing...

Not for that show, but I saw them in Maryland at the Capital Centre in 1985, and the only memory I recall is Jimmy facing his amps all night. It was obvious he didn't want to be a part of the show. (come to think of it, around that same time, Ritchie Blackmore did the same thing on the same side of the stage with the Deep Purple reunion! spooky... :unsure: )

the best seats I ever had for a concert at a large venue were for Jackson Browne way back (remember him?).

Jackson Browne hasn't gone anywhere and has continued to make music over the years so it's not like he's some "has been" that disappeared. His new Solo Acoustic Vol. 2 record is pretty damn good.

• 4 years later...

Here is a typical setlist for their 1986 North American Tour:

The Firm (Jimmy Page / Paul Rodgers / Chris Slade / Tony Franklin)

May 2nd 1986 Detroit, MI USA Joe Louis Sports Arena

Fortune Hunter

Closer

Someone To Love

Make Or Break

Prelude

Money Can't Buy

Satisfaction Guaranteed

drum solo

Radioactive

Live In Peace

All The Kings Horses

bass solo

The Chase

violin bow solo

Cadillac

Midnight Moonlight

You've Lost That Loving Feeling

-----------Encore------------

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

------Second Encore------

I Just Wanna Make Love To You

I have this video- and just watched it again recently-very enjoyable.

Telecasters with b-benders and Strats. no Les Pauls. He whipped out the Dano to for White Summer.

He did use the Les Paul. I saw them on the 1985 and 1986 tours in Houston,TX at the Summit. I know he used it for sure during the Chase but also on some other songs. Just look at the photo thread I made of them live from 1984-1986 and he is using the Les Paul (sometimes with the pick guard removed) and he also used the Red Les Paul with B bender. I will admit his main guitar during the Firm was the brown telecaster though.

http://forums.ledzep...__fromsearch__1

Edited by DavidZoso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Page Interview 1986 at WYNF,Tampa

Never heard that, thanks for posting. Jimmy is such a great interview now, but he could be a difficult interview in the 80's! He really made no bones about conveying that he'd rather be anywhere else. To be fair, it's hard to believe how lame some of the questions were. I mean, "Was All The Kings Horses inspired by the nursery rhyme?" Really?!?!?!

To be fair, it's hard to believe how lame some of the questions were. I mean, "Was All The Kings Horses inspired by the nursery rhyme?" Really?!?!?!

Presumably a failed attempt at humor as the promo video had premiered on MTV nearly two months prior (January 18, 1986) and was still in heavy rotation at the time of this interview (March 1986). Clearly a personal love song (Paul had a Japanese wife at the time). Interviewer was also unaware that Live In Peace originally appeared as a track on Paul Rodgers' 1983 solo album Cut Loose.

Edited to add: The actress starring in All The Kings Horses is named Alice Gee; three years later she appeared in Robert's promo video for Heaven Knows:

Edited by SteveAJones

Continuing on with Jimmy Page Throughout the Years, we arrive to The Firm. Until the pending release of "Celebration Day," when this ridiculous idea came to me, this band was completely unknown to me. Upon perusing Amazon, this album by The Firm popped up. Completely stymied as to whom they were. Never did KSHE play any tracks off of this, or their other album, nor did KHTR, KSD, or The Rock. (Remember, this author is a lifelong St. Louisan.)

This, for lack of a better term, Super Group was made up of some pretty heavy hitters: Paul Rodgers on guitar and vocals, Jimmy Page on guitar, Chris Slade of Uriah Heap on the drums, and Tony Franklin (who worked with many different artists) on bass. Both Rodgers and Page had stated they would play no material off of their previous albums in this project, though the final track on this album "Midnight Moonlight" was based on the Led Zeppelin song "Swan Song."

>>>PLEASE CLICK FOR MORE<<<

former AC/DC drummer Chris Slade has launched a new band THE CHRIS SLADE TIMELINE to mark 50 years as a professional rock musician.

The band is set to tour Europe throughout 2013 and beyond, with dates being added all the time. For this new project, Slade has taken on board supreme bassist Chris Glen, formerly a member of THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND and MSG and more recently his fellow bandmember in the MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP. Also joining Slade, from Holland, is Leon Geowie, the dynamic vocalist of Dutch band VENGEANCE and Slade's other band STEEL CIRCLE. The linup is rounded out by phenomenal vocalist Steve Glasscock, guitarist James Cornford and keyboard player Michael Clark.

This is a totally new concept for Slade, and as the band name suggests, will include performances from a varied set list from Tom Jones, MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND, URIAH HEEP, THE FIRM, ASIA, with a fair degree of AC/DC numbers and many surprises to be unwrapped along the way.

THE CHRIS SLADE TIMELINE begins the first leg of the U.K. tour in Cornwall at the end of March. Some dates confirmed at time of going to press are:

Mar. 27 - Carnglaze Caverns St. Neots Cornwall

Mar. 28 - The Walkabout Newquay Cornwall

Mar. 30 - Coop Sports Club, Sheerness, Kent

Mar. 31 - Club Luxor, Folkestone, Kent

Apr. 01 - The Half Moon, Putney, London

Apr. 02 - The Garage, Swansea, Wales

Apr. 04 - Oran Moir, Glasgow, Scotland

Slade received his highest exposure in 1989 when he was asked to join AC/DC as the replacement for Simon Wright. Slade played on the 1990 "Razor's Edge" album and accompanying world tour and the "Big Gun" single, released in 1993. The Young brothers, however, asked Slade to leave after four years with the group and reinstated former drummer Phil Rudd, saying that Rudd had demonstrated a "groove" more fitting their style of rock.

chrissladetimeline.jpg

Continuing on with Jimmy Page Throughout the Years, we arrive to The Firm. Until the pending release of "Celebration Day," when this ridiculous idea came to me, this band was completely unknown to me. Upon perusing Amazon, this album by The Firm popped up. Completely stymied as to whom they were. Never did KSHE play any tracks off of this, or their other album, nor did KHTR, KSD, or The Rock. (Remember, this author is a lifelong St. Louisan.)

This, for lack of a better term, Super Group was made up of some pretty heavy hitters: Paul Rodgers on guitar and vocals, Jimmy Page on guitar, Chris Slade of Uriah Heap on the drums, and Tony Franklin (who worked with many different artists) on bass. Both Rodgers and Page had stated they would play no material off of their previous albums in this project, though the final track on this album "Midnight Moonlight" was based on the Led Zeppelin song "Swan Song."

>>>PLEASE CLICK FOR MORE<<<

I used to live in suburban Saint Louis (Maryland Heights) and K-SHE 95 was the radio station that I listened to all the time when I was a teenager. I remember hearing the Firm on K-SHE 95. They played "Radioactive" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed" quite a bit.

I saw the Firm play at the "Checkerdome" in St. Louis way back in 1986. I am not saying you are wrong and I have no clue as to your age, but I was living in St. Louis when the Firm came in 1986. I will never forget that concert because it was the first time I had ever seen Jimmy Page play live and I was just 15 years old at the time.

I'm seeing this only now, but thanks a lot, Steve. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the list. I was at the 3/29/1986 show in Rochester NY at the War Memorial. Now known as the Blue Cross Arena. I have seen many great acts there. Robert Plant included. Amoung others, Allman Bros, Aerosmith, Nugent, Elton John, Tull, Ozzie, Stevie Ray Vaughn opened for Robert Plant. (Now and Zen tour). I left the show early to try and get a glimpse of Jimmy and I did wave to him in his limo as he was pulling out the back. Knowing the place well I knew where they would be leaving and he did look right at me. The limo would have run my ass over for sure. Great show.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 1/4/2013 at 3:10 AM, weslgarlic said:
On 1/4/2013 at 1:46 AM, Led Dirigible said:

That's not the right Firm. :slapface:

Why do you keep posting these kinds of things, weslgarlic? Why?!

I wonder if they ever tried to sue over use of the name ?

The Firm which did Star Trekking were formed in the early 80's releasing a few singles in 1982/1983.  In 1987 they got a new record deal and put out Star Treking (UK no.1) and other singles upto 1992.  They put out an album Serious Fun in 1987.  They didn't split up or anything like that during the 80's.  Obviously Page was unaware of them and whether the 2 bands knew of each other we may never know.  But I think they'd hold more rights to The Firm name than Jimmy Page and Co.