Predictions for PG and Presence

Black Dog 71

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm interested what we are gonna get with Archilles Last Stand on the companion disc.I've read in various places that Page did the whole overdubs in one sitting,is this true.Will it be an overdub free rough mix?Anyone heard any bootleg outakes.Is there any bootleg outakes sessions for Presence?

I'm interested what we are gonna get with Archilles Last Stand on the companion disc.I've read in various places that Page did the whole overdubs in one sitting,is this true.Will it be an overdub free rough mix?Anyone heard any bootleg outakes.Is there any bootleg outakes sessions for Presence?

There is only a scant few minutes of Zep from the Presence rehearsals but its pretty cool stuff.

I'm interested what we are gonna get with Archilles Last Stand on the companion disc.I've read in various places that Page did the whole overdubs in one sitting,is this true?.

Jimmy Page did ALL the overdubs for Presence in a single night, he thought it might take him about two or even three days, but with time running out before the Stones took over Musicland studios, Page just went into the booth and blazed through the overdubs in a single sitting... it's ironic that some people thought/think that Presence was a rushed and below-par album for the band as it contains some of Jimmy's absolutely finest and most sublime guitar work, plus it's as close as Zep ever got to capturing that live feel in the studio setting ('In My Time of Dying' excepted), it just bristles with an urgency and an energy, with a production you could cut glass with... oh yeah, I loves me some Presence but it took a while...

Whatever the "two new things" Jimmy discovered on the tape containing rough studio mixes of the Presence material are, I hope he saves them for the remastered Coda...

That's a given a 100% certainty.

Hmmm, I got that one wrong. Reminds me of what the missus called me in a sarcastic tone "The personification of perfection".

I too missed the mark: I predicted "Swan Song"on the PG bonus, and between 55 and 70 minutes worth of bonus material, i.e. 1 CD's worth but 2 LPs' worth.

I think we'll see Swan Song on the Coda companion disc.

I too missed the mark: I predicted "Swan Song"on the PG bonus, and between 55 and 70 minutes worth of bonus material, i.e. 1 CD's worth but 2 LPs' worth.

I think we'll see Swan Song on the Coda companion disc.

Not sure about Swan Song making an appearance. Unless Jimmy has a really high quality version laying around.

Since it has a finished form in Midnight Moonlight I don't think it means very much to Jimmy by way of Zeppelin's legacy as much as it would for The Firm's.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-swan-song/

I can't wait for Presence, I gave my copy away knowing that the reissue would be coming out so Tea for One will be getting an extrememly loud airing in June (possibly).

Having said that, I'm loving the PG deluxe CD set for now.

• 1 month later...

see Jimmy Page is not stupid, he won't put everything out all at once, that is why he keeps remastering the studios albums cos he know people will keep buying them, in one interview when he put out the 4 discs box set he said the new tracks he added and did bonzo's moby dick on top of the one bonzo's does on coda, he said that was all that they had, now to are surprise he putting out remasters with live concert and then led zep 2 he puts out a deluxe set and so on, so i wouldn't be surprise if he remasters them in a few years, if he is still here, putting out bonus tracks, robert plant said in and interview that they was going to put out a track with John Paul Jones doing the vocals, where is that track?

Jimmy Page is a strewed business man knowing if he keeps doing this people will buy,

Will Presence be put out this year and ITTOD AND CODA?

If there are anymore tracks from led zep 1 era and so on, will we get them, by the time Jimmy page puts out tracks he said they had Christ might have returned by then!

And believe me he is!

Thanks for a great forum!

timalan

robert plant said in and interview that they was going to put out a track with John Paul Jones doing the vocals, where is that track?

That is the song "La La" on the companion disc for LZ II. JPJ was just singing "la la" in the song, hence the name. They obviously got rid of the vocals per JPJ's request.

I don't see any more LZ releases after Coda and god knows I have been annoyingly cynical at times but I do think this is it -unless they come up with Earl's Ct blu ray at some point. Doubtful. To be fair I don't see this as a money making thing for Jimmy ... He cares about the legacy too much for that. I do wish it was a June to June schedule tho.....

That is the song "La La" on the companion disc for LZ II. JPJ was just singing "la la" in the song, hence the name. They obviously got rid of the vocals per JPJ's request.

thank you for letting me know, i thought they would do that cos he ask them too... but i don't blame him but i still love to hear what he sounds like singing wise... :-)

Thanks alot again for answering my post about that :-)

Take Care!

Tim

P.S. I DIDN'T ,EAN ANYTHING BAD ABOUT JI,,Y PAGE DOING THIS PUTTING OUT REMASTERS EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS OR HOWEVER LONG IT IS.. ITS UP TO THE PEOPLE IF THEY WANNA BUY THEM AGAIN... :-)

Archived