I'm seeing lots of chatter about IF there was another "one off" show or a reunion, that people wouldn't go because they wouldn't get tickets, the tickets would be nose bleed only or all the tickets would go to celebs or corporate big wigs. Never say never! I was able to score a general admission ticket for the O2 gig in 2007 and I have no connections, I'm not a celebrity and I managed to be right up front for the show! Heck I had a better "seat" than Brian May and Marilyn Manson who were sitting in the stands stage right. The ticket lottery idea for the O2 had it's flaws, but it did allow for the average fan to not only get a ticket but to get a decent seat. So if they instituted this same sort of policy for future shows, everyone would have a chance to see "the greatest show on earth".

BTW, almost everyone I met before and after the show were just average fans as well.....not celebs or corporate big wigs as some people suggest were all that went to the O2 that night.

The ticket lottery idea for the O2 had it's flaws, but it did allow for the average fan to not only get a ticket but to get a decent seat. So if they instituted this same sort of policy for future shows, everyone would have a chance to see "the greatest show on earth".

It could have been instituted again but truth be told it was merely Harvey Goldsmith's arguably noble but undoubtedly failed attempt to launch a broader industry-wide stand against ticket touts. Anyway, they will never perform together again so this point is moot.

Okay everyone,

I have waited awhile to respond to this topic because I was interested in seeing how the subject developed.

I do have to say, as a young and perhaps unnecessarily enthusiastic and naive member of the forum, the apathy and resignation exhibited by these responses is APPALLING, and demonstrates exactly why I felt it necessary to write this letter in the first place.

The problem in your thinking is precisely where the issue lays. Don't you think, that if you were John Bonham you would want the celebration of your memory to be positive above anything else and PROACTIVE?? Isn't this precisely why, in the celebration of life we oftentimes tell stories of the deceased, or look into and re-asses their creations and achievements to re-live their contributions and understand (again) why that person was so special to begin with? We don't got to people's funerals and say, "well, we would play this person's music/look at their art/read their poetry, but they're irreplaceable, so it would be irreverent to do so." Absolutely not. And if you disagree with this, why do you think Jimmy and JPJ have been so ready and willing to reunite and do it in the first place??? It is a completely unnecessary and myopic view of death and legacy that I really don't understand (thus, my letter). I'm not blaming this entirely on Robert, and I'm not trying to demonize him. I am simply imploring him to re-evaluate his motive, because he seems to be the only one with this position. Plus, he has never actually come out and said (except indirectly in the Richard Branson piece) that he simply doesn't want to do it. In fact, he has done several other things that would lead one to believe quite the contrary. And if he did come right out and say it, regardless of what the other remaining two and a half band members think (that is a whole other discussion) I (and I imagine quite a few other "hopefuls") would have a whole lot more respect for his position.

So yeah, is this discussion "over done"? Probably. Do I care? Not really. Because what I am trying to say here, I believe, is new. Or, at least, of my extensive search of the topics related to this discussion on this forum leads me to believe that it is. What I'm asking for is a re-evaluation of the idea of reunion not simply for the money (and I guess that would be okay too) BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC. Robert has repeatedly, and again recently said that he loves and respects the music of Zeppelin, and I would be damn certain that if they reformed again EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU would at least consider the prospect of seeing it, if done for the right reasons and for the respect and celebration of everything for which this band stands!!! Who gives a shit if they're old, or "incapable" or whatever, get your heads out of your asses and stop being so ageist! If they did it because they wanted to and because they loved performing (which Jimmy has repeatedly said he has been ready to do, and obviously Jason and JPJ have no problem with either) who cares if it wasn't exactly like the past?? In fact, I hope it wouldn't be, because the evolution of life and love is what being human is all about.

I will say no more.

Sincerely,

Millennial Zephead.

I do have to say, as a young and perhaps unnecessarily enthusiastic and naive member of the forum, the apathy and resignation exhibited by these responses is APPALLING, and demonstrates exactly why I felt it necessary to write this letter in the first place.

The open letter alludes to the power of social media yet the undersigned, Dayan Hochman, does not have a Facebook account.

Obvious credibility issues aside, what you consider to be apathy and resignation could simply be an overriding disinterest in this appeal and a general if not begrudging acceptance of the way things are. Imagine the reaction I would get in a Guns n Roses fan forum if my single post contribution was An Open Letter to Axl Rose beseeching him to reform with the original line up. Naivety indeed, which is not necessarily a negative attribute but can prove to be a source of contention.

Edited to add: The evolution of life and love often entails MOVING ON! Sometimes on one's own.

The open letter alludes to the power of social media yet the undersigned, Dayan Hochman, does not have a Facebook account.

Obvious credibility issues aside, what you consider to be apathy and resignation could simply be an overriding disinterest in this appeal and a general if not begrudging acceptance of the way things are. Imagine the reaction I would get in a Guns n Roses fan forum if my single post contribution was An Open Letter to Axl Rose beseeching him to reform with the original line up. Naivety indeed, which is not necessarily a negative attribute but can prove to be a source of contention.

Edited to add: The evolution of life and love often entails MOVING ON! Sometimes on one's own.

Steve Jones, I actually am on facebook under another name not far from my full name, as undersigned. So, by your own logic and your own obvious credibility issues to spend more than a nano second on your research before stating your opinion are equally obvious.

It would be different if you had all other remainig band members expressing equally that they have no interest in reforming. Then, my point of view is obviously futile. But it's not so, which one of these three pints of view are unlike the other. At this point I almost wish Robert would come right out and say he doesn't want to do it simply because he disn't want to. Then, my opinion would rightfully be put to rest.

But as far as your "begrudging acceptance" of the situation I feel sorry for you. Because if history was so similarly founded on begrudging acceptance we would still be a segregated nation refusing to give women an equal vote.

And if you're simply disinterested in reformation may I suggest that you re-evaluate your position as a fan of simply the original music, not that of the band.

Okay, I'm not being bated anymore. I wish all of you well, your position on the matter notwithstanding.

Millennial Zephead.

Steve Jones, I actually am on facebook under another name not far from my full name, as undersigned. So, by your own logic and your own obvious credibility issues to spend more than a nano second on your research before stating your opinion are equally obvious.

It would be different if you had all other remainig band members expressing equally that they have no interest in reforming. Then, my point of view woukd obviously be futile. Also, if Axyl Rose wanted to reform who would you be to get in the way? The music doesn't belong to you. I'm sure if they did people would go to see them as well. But it's not so, which one of these three pints of view are unlike the other. At this point I almost wish Robert would come right out and say he doesn't want to do it simply because he disn't want to. Then, my opinion would rightfully be put to rest.

But as far as your "begrudging acceptance" of the situation I feel sorry for you. Because if history was so similarly founded on begrudging acceptance we would still be a segregated nation refusing to give women an equal vote.

And if you're simply disinterested in reformation may I suggest that you re-evaluate your position as a fan of simply the original music, not that of the band.

Okay, I'm not being bated anymore. I wish all of you well, your position on the matter notwithstanding.

Millennial Zephead.

It would be different if you had all other remainig band members expressing equally that they have no interest in reforming. Then, my point of view woukd obviously be futile. Also, if Axyl Rose wanted to reform who would you be to get in the way? The music doesn't belong to you. I'm sure if they did people would go to see them as well. But it's not so, which one of these three pints of view are unlike the other. At this point I almost wish Robert would come right out and say he doesn't want to do it simply because he disn't want to. Then, my opinion would rightfully be put to rest.

Millennial Zephead.

At this point I almost wish Robert would come right out and say he doesn't want to do it simply because he disn't want to. Then, my opinion would rightfully be put to rest.

He has.

"Plant, however, is unequivocal. The chances of the band performing live again are, he says rolling his eyes, 'Zero.'"

BBC News, April 2014

Millennial Zephead.

Are you seriously equating the reforming of a band with civil rights for everyone? Good god, please get some perspective.

I thought you said you would "say no more"...

It would be different if you had all other remainig band members expressing equally that they have no interest in reforming. Then, my point of view is obviously futile. But it's not so, which one of these three pints of view are unlike the other. At this point I almost wish Robert would come right out and say he doesn't want to do it simply because he disn't want to. Then, my opinion would rightfully be put to rest.

Millennial Zephead.

I'll reiterate this very slowly for you: there is no Facebook account established for the undersigned of the open letter, Dayan Hochman, wherein a public appeal is made and the power of social media is alluded to.

By your logic, if a person named Laslo Lipshitz is the undersigned of a public appeal it's reasonable for him to be found on Facebook under John Jacob Jingleheimer Laslo Lipshitz Schmidt. In point of fact, it may be technically correct that one could find that person, however in this instance there are only TWO public Facebook profiles for people named Dayan--neither of which is you. If Dayan isn't part of your full name it only goes to prove my point.

Now, by assigning moral equivalency to the begrudging acceptance of segregation and the begrudging acceptance that three old men won't be performing rock and roll songs together again you've well and truly jumped the shark here, at least with me.

Isn't this precisely why, in the celebration of life we oftentimes tell stories of the deceased, or look into and re-asses their creations and achievements to re-live their contributions and understand (again) why that person was so special to begin with?

But thankfully we don't dig them up every few years and try and reanimate them

Robert has moved on. Being in a band can be like a marriage, what would you think of someone writing an open letter to say Brad Pitt asking him to dump Angelina and get back with Jennifer because they and a many others thought they made a better couple?

Jimmy might want to get back together because Led Zeppelin was the love of his life and has never truly got over it. Robert might views it as a relationship that was good while it lasted but was over a very long time ago and he doesn't want to go back. JPJ? I don't know, maybe a quick bonk for old time's sake?

People have rights to their own feeling but asking someone about their healing process following the loss of a friend and a son before that... Just presumptuous and insulting . I know it is a world of free speech but I wish this topic could be shelved forever and why I tend to skip it for weeks at a time. Robert's shows with SSS obviously make him and a great many fans happy and the remasters are here. Seize this moment and where they r at now. The Who? Maybe they handle grief differently or maybe Kenny Jones was a big mistake all along. It is DONE.

Archived