And these "reunion" tours, in my opinion, have a lot to do with fueling all of this wailing and knashing of teeth.

The Allman Brothers

AC/DC

Black Sabbath

The Eagles (how many final tours now?)

CSN - ditto for them

It would be more than painful to see Led Zeppelin fall into this trap.

Led Zeppelin was in a class unto themselves

I saw the ABB - different setlist every night I saw them. Greg Allman is getting old, not good doing back to back shows

He can't do what he could 10 or 20 years ago, but he still can sing.

I was looking forward to AC/DC.... Hope the drummer problems are not true and don't affect the tour.

Black Sabbath. Not planing on seeing them but will if I get a chance.

The Eagles, great show. Kind of followed the documentary for the first set. Second set was the Joe Walsh show. He rocked.

A interesting note... The eagles asked for no pictures or videos, and MSG ushers and security did there best to stop the audience from

using cellphones to record the show

Last year or so I saw Van Halen.... They put the effort in and the show was very entertaining.

Too bad Eddie and David can't get along.

If I were to send a message to Robert Plant it would be;

Let others lead small lives,but not you.

Let others argue over small things,but not you.

Let others cry over small hurts,but not you.

Let others leave their future in someone else's hands,but not you.

~ Jim Rohn

It's the real fans that inwardly groan each time these articles appear and bring forth the latest incarnation,and the quiet hangers on of Plant bashers.Yes,real fans,now quote this and tell me you're a real fan and all of your bona fides but it's still Plant's fault because he keeps doing this and that and not ever because you basically have a piss poor life and you'll never see Led Zeppelin again,or for the first time and it's ok if they come across as a sad imitation of what they once were.Because "We want another reunion tour!!".

To my thinking,Robert Plant had foreseen the possible future,and it didn't look good.Merry-go-round,Jukebox,Millions (of rich bullshitters and big name stars posing with fake smiles and even bigger offers)

But,Chalk Farm Road beckoned...

The UK Mirror and the other outlets knew full well what talk and web hits those articles would bring,as with anything tagged #Led Zeppelin,#Reunion,#Robert Plant,#Disses.In reality the articles should've just been used for the bottom of the digital age birdcage.

Its quite frankly amazing and ridiculous that people wont let this reunion thing go. Its not happening now, and its very unlikely that it will ever happen in the future. It seems quite clear to me that Robert Plant realises how ridiculous he would look touring around the world with his shirt open singing "squeeze my lemon til the juice runs down my leg" at the age of nearly 70, and its about time alot of other people realise that the man is absolutely right.

I would hate to see a reformed "Led Zeppelin" trudging around the world like the Who and the Rolling Stones sounding tired and with their musical powers diminished. If you want your Zeppelin fix, go watch your DVDs and if you want to see a member of Zeppelin playing live, go and see one of Robert Plant's excellent solo shows. Its beyond sad and ridiculous that people are ranting and raving about the supposed reunion of a band that hasnt even existed in any form for 34 years. Get over it and move on!

I may show up late..... But will bring the party favors

Haha. Ya, I'll see you there....or not. I walk the fence line on this discussion. I know it's not going to happen, and I am okay with Robert not wanting to do it, but I am a fan through and through, and have certainly seen other miracles occur in the music business, such as Black Sabbath's reunion of 11-11-11; so I never completely close the door. I respect all positions in this discussion, except for fanboy loyalties, and I am reminded that there was a time when we would never have imagined the O2 show. I think it's done though, and I could not be happier with the Celebration Day DVD, to commemorate the event.

Sorry; I have to comment on this baffling remark below: I saw CSN this past summer; they were great! I didn't get to see Black Sabbath because I couldn't find anyone to go with me and I was afraid to go alone, but you can find a youtube video of their Hyde Park concert this past summer and it is kick-ass!

I don't see where the "trap" is. The fans have a good time, the bands enjoyed themselves, a good time was had by all...

But back to the main issue (for me anyway); it's not that Zep SHOULD do more shows; I would never presume to tell them what to do. It's the remarks that have been made by Plant that grind on my nerves. I am sick and tired of hearing about them but there is no respite because he keeps making them and even if I don't come to this forum, they show up in my Facebook feed!

And these "reunion" tours, in my opinion, have a lot to do with fueling all of this wailing and knashing of teeth.

The Allman Brothers
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
The Eagles (how many final tours now?)
CSN - ditto for them

It would be more than painful to see Led Zeppelin fall into this trap.

You are really showing yourself to be an obstinate fool here.

S. Macaw is hands down the most pedantic and insufferable "contributor" here which is also why she's on my permanent ignore list.

The alchemical qualities that made Led Zeppelin great were irrevocably altered one tragic morning in September 1980 and since that time the surviving members have done their best to move forward with their lives and artistic endeavors. The 02 performance allowed

them to pay homage to the late Ahmet Ertegun and allowed fans a final opportunity to see the surviving three members perform the music of Led Zeppelin together.

I cannot believe this is still a point of contention SEVEN YEARS after the fact. This is beyond embarrassing...it's pathologically stupid.

Sorry; I have to comment on this baffling remark below: I saw CSN this past summer; they were great! I didn't get to see Black Sabbath because I couldn't find anyone to go with me and I was afraid to go alone, but you can find a youtube video of their Hyde Park concert this past summer and it is kick-ass!

I don't see where the "trap" is. The fans have a good time, the bands enjoyed themselves, a good time was had by all...

But back to the main issue (for me anyway); it's not that Zep SHOULD do more shows; I would never presume to tell them what to do. It's the remarks that have been made by Plant that grind on my nerves. I am sick and tired of hearing about them but there is no respite because he keeps making them and even if I don't come to this forum, they show up in my Facebook feed!

You have misinterpreted my point

I never implied that a good time could not be had be all

Why do you think most of these reunion tours occur?

Spiritual communion? Lifelong camaraderie?

Nine times out of ten, it's money

And many who patronize those types of tours have expectations that can't possibly be met

I have seen CSN in the last few years too. They were good, but nothing like in their prime

I would rather remember Zeppelin at their peak

If they should choose to tour with new material, that would be a different story

No comparisons to be made

Every time such an offer comes to Robert, or he is asked about it by journalists, some people on this forum, start to think, they have the right to control his life and demand things from him! And why the fuck do you find it to be so special, to be at an event, when you can listen to them live at home and when it's not even Zeppelin!? What's so extremely special about it then!? Because there are other people there? Because its' not in you living room? I can understand the idea of a concert, but it's not Led Zeppelin!

Some people here are really selfish! They here a CD, they like it and they would to here it onstage! OK! But it's impossible! Get it!?

Every time such an offer comes to Robert, or he is asked about it by journalists, some people on this forum, start to think, they have the right to control his life and demand things from him! And why the fuck do you find it to be so special, to be at an event, when you can listen to them live at home and when it's not even Zeppelin!? What's so extremely special about it then!? Because there are other people there? Because its' not in you living room? I can understand the idea of a concert, but it's not Led Zeppelin!

Some people here are really selfish! They here a CD, they like it and they would to here it onstage! OK! But it's impossible! Get it!?

Is it impossible? I think the name on the Celebration Day set says Led Zeppelin.....get it? Some people (not all), got over the death of John Bonham and feel that his memory can be honored with his son in his place. You are equally trying to control Jimmy's life by saying that it must never be done. That's just as selfish as those who would like to influence Robert in the other direction.

The stupid thing about this discussion is that some people act as though they are God's messengers of right and wrong, but there is no right or wrong here. Just personal choice. Pick your side and don't judge those who picked the other side. One thing that I can guarantee is that if they did reunite, on some level (which won't happen), the holier than now crowd would suddenly have a change of religion, and would be doing anything to scavenge tickets.

I agree, it is done, and that is that, but why the hostility here? Are we so sensitive that we cannot have an open discussion on the topic? For goodness sakes, Robert and Jimmy are the two people responsible for keeping these threads alive by virtue of their continued back and forth in the media. Peace.

There is right and wrong! The right thing is to let people have personal freedom! And some people don't ALLOW Robert to decide! If they would be kings or even presidents, they would certainly force him, atleast some of them!

Saving the world by being good yourself and influencing others in a good way, is a lot better then forcing people, or believing you are god's messenger, it's good to know that!

No one is controlling Jimmy's life, it's just that a lot more want what he wants, then what Robert wants! And calling it Zeppelin for one night does not mean much! It was a cool way of seeing how many would apply for tickets, but that's about it!

I would venture a guess that every single person in this thread would be in line to get tickets should they (hypothetically speaking) perform again. Just a hunch.

Poor student working for minimum wage, doubt I could afford a ticket. Can even bloody buy Page's book yet.

I study a lot of physics though, so maybe one day I'll build a time machine and go back and see them when the magic was really happening ;)

Is it impossible? I think the name on the Celebration Day set says Led Zeppelin.....get it?

Regardless, I do hope you and others realize it was the surviving members joined by Jason Bonham--an approximation of the original if you will. To insist "it was Led Zeppelin" - strictly speaking - is not consistent with the views of the surviving members who in their own words did not/have not conferred full fledged band member status on Jason Bonham. Additionally, by the logic that he was on the kit during a performance billed as Led Zeppelin and thus is a member then so too are Phil Collins (Live Aid, 1985) and Michael Lee (RnRHoF, 1995).

I agree with you that this isn't necessarily a question of right/wrong, rather a question of personal belief, and thus views may vary--indeed they do. For some The Who is The Who, and for others The Who is The Two. Where hostility comes into it is after seven freaking years of this nonsense it becomes beyond tedious. I happen to think Robert's new album is a turd. I stated my opinion twice and then let it go for the sake of the forum. Anyone here want to be continuously reminded of my opinion of Robert's new album from now until 2021? Didn't think so, just as I don't want to keep encountering insipid fan appeals and the ensuing keyboard wars.

Reformation of the band has been the biggest bane of online forums this side of all those years of "Should Dave Grohl replace John Bonham?" Not sure if I'm counted among the "holier than thou crowd" or not but if so I tell you my enthusiasm for a "reformed" Led Zeppelin has ALWAYS been considerably and consistently far lower than my enthusiasm for the return of another "No Led Anything" era from all three of them.

In other news, here's an open letter I've written to Katy Perry:-

Dear Katy, please have sex with me. I know you've never met me but it is crucial that we have sex very soon & I don't mean a dry ride or a feel of your mammalian protuberances, I mean full grown up, adult sex. Which will in all likelyhood be rubbish.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Mook.

Dear Katy, please have sex with me. I know you've never met me but it is crucial that we have sex very soon & I don't mean a dry ride or a feel of your mammalian protuberances, I mean full grown up, adult sex. Which will in all likelyhood be rubbish.

Thanks.

Mook.

^^^

Post of the year right there. If that's your first post to her board and backed by a social media campaign she can't possibly say no.

Thanks.

Mook.

:goodpost:

Thanks.

Mook.

I can just see the story in tomorrow's daily mirror:

"shocked onlookers watch as Katy Perry says "fuck off!" to Mook's generous offer of pub meal, trip to cinema and quick shag. Internet forum members are up in arms, the 'do it for your fans Katy' campaign told us earlier today."

I can just see the story in tomorrow's daily mirror:

"shocked onlookers watch as Katy Perry says "fuck off!" to Mook's generous offer of pub meal, trip to cinema and quick shag. Internet forum members are up in arms, the 'do it for your fans Katy' campaign told us earlier today."

I think Mook had a full afternoon of pleasure in mind at the hands of Ms Perry ? Throw in Cheryl Whatsername and you have the perfect sandwich (minus mook of course) ;)

Is it impossible? I think the name on the Celebration Day set says Led Zeppelin.....get it? Some people (not all), got over the death of John Bonham and feel that his memory can be honored with his son in his place. You are equally trying to control Jimmy's life by saying that it must never be done. That's just as selfish as those who would like to influence Robert in the other direction.

The stupid thing about this discussion is that some people act as though they are God's messengers of right and wrong, but there is no right or wrong here. Just personal choice. Pick your side and don't judge those who picked the other side. One thing that I can guarantee is that if they did reunite, on some level (which won't happen), the holier than now crowd would suddenly have a change of religion, and would be doing anything to scavenge tickets.

I agree, it is done, and that is that, but why the hostility here? Are we so sensitive that we cannot have an open discussion on the topic? For goodness sakes, Robert and Jimmy are the two people responsible for keeping these threads alive by virtue of their continued back and forth in the media. Peace.

Exactly.

Same point I was making earlier that for everyone on here posting that they should not get back together would be the first in line for tickets. And for anyone to say it is embarrassing and stupid to discuss is ridiculous. It's embarrassing to want to see the boys back together? And to say they should not play Zeppelin music is equally ridiculous. Is it wrong then for Robert to sprinkle his set with Zep tunes?

When we saw Page and Plant in the 90s doing Zep tunes we knew it wasn't "Zep" but did we care? Of course not. It was awesome. And it would be awesome to see them together again with Jones and Jason too. And for me to like to see that and for someone to say that is silly and embarrassing they are entitled to their opinion and I'm entitled to think they are a moron.

And having said that I will add Robert is totally entitled to do whatsoever he feels like doing. If he doesn't want anything to do with it then I wish him all the best. It is not 1975 and we all know it.

Archived