The one thing no-one seems to have mentioned through all the cod-psychological disassembly of Robert Plant's character and reasoning for not doing something that he's consistently said he doesn't want to do for 34 years, is the fact that he's having an enormous amount of fun with his current band. I saw them in Llandudno last week and I've never seen him grinning and just emoting joy as much as he did at that gig. In fact the last time I saw him (with P&P at Wembley arena) he looked thoroughly miserable for pretty much the whole gig. Why on earth would anyone want him to stop what he's doing now, which is making him and his current audience happy (it was a damn good show), and push him into something that makes a lot of other people happy, but leaves him totally miserable - for whatever reason?

Agreed...latest tour he seems to be having a blast and the sound is great to my ears. i don't think Robert needs to deal with anything re other former LZ members...sometimes we grow apart and in different directions and that's the way it is. and awesome post BTW by Strider above

I dont know about psychology but physiology probably has more to do with it Im afraid. The rest of the band has an easier time making the music but Im guessing the singer is not having such an easy time. There are changes as you age (Im not a spring chicken any longer myself). Even if Plant could drop an octave on the high notes it takes a tremendous diaphragm. I dont know if all the money in the world is going to change that. Different material? Would they still be Led Zep? Shrugs, how bout unplugged? (Waits for everyones head to pop off). Might be better for them to do their own thing or sit in on each others sessions if its going anywhere. Respectfully....

As it goes, here I have to say. -To you all. I once talked to a picture of Someone's Vivid Immagination and IT said to me.. .. . Things that Run-Away May be Faster than it SEEMS, However I'd "Stay" and Play with them for a little "While" or MORE than a LittLe if... you "follow".. .. To keep all Pardons Nessecary I will be the one waking to .versions 0.0 of Title: Queen's- "We Will Rock You" and Other Things like That. Once upon a TIME XXx x ?? ??. There was a nice young... Pearson that.. . Oops Persons that said... This LIFE is the "Way to go. " !! and I'd like to Enjoy it with You All.. . Over Lunch Sometime...

Thanks for keeping it so COOL in here.. ..

LED ZEPPELIN forever. Those are the things I used to say.. . There Back. and.. . I'm it this time.. .

*POP-UP* ***

post-9773-0-37129400-1418050754_thumb.jp

;):)

I agree. Metallica hired a therapist to help them work stuff out. I wouldn't be surprised if some other bands have done the same. Page and Plant should do the same with JPJ and Jason also. They would be better for it.

It's not really about Led Zeppelin; it's about men who have been colleagues and friends who are having problems with each other and due to being public figures, are dragging us into it. I find it very depressing to hear about Robert's sniping at Jimmy and also to continually read Robert's bullshit remarks in the media over the last several years. Yes, he has contradicted himself. He has not been consistent in his remarks despite what some people here say. I have no idea what his underlying motivation for this b.s. is...hard to say from a distance. No, I don't do "amateur psychology" although I do professional psychology, but as none of them are my patients all I can say is something is weirdly wrong here.

Robert has got to face the demons between he and Page. He has been caught for years between his love for Page and his anger at Page. They just need to sit down and hash it out. Pretending there is no anger is pretty futile at this point.

They shouldn't do the same, they are 66,68,70 and happy living their lives, don't need to make fool out of themselves. They have been through a lot together, no need to go back there. You are biased because you clearly hate Plant. All that drama comes from journalists craving those kind of quotes like "I'm fed up with him". Maybe you should consider some psychological guidance yourself ? to help you accept reality. Cause I can sense some kind of unhealthy obsession.

I agree. Metallica hired a therapist to help them work stuff out. I wouldn't be surprised if some other bands have done the same. Page and Plant should do the same with JPJ and Jason also. They would be better for it.

It's not really about Led Zeppelin; it's about men who have been colleagues and friends who are having problems with each other and due to being public figures, are dragging us into it. I find it very depressing to hear about Robert's sniping at Jimmy and also to continually read Robert's bullshit remarks in the media over the last several years. Yes, he has contradicted himself. He has not been consistent in his remarks despite what some people here say. I have no idea what his underlying motivation for this b.s. is...hard to say from a distance. No, I don't do "amateur psychology" although I do professional psychology, but as none of them are my patients all I can say is something is weirdly wrong here.

This is hysterical stufff. 90% of the perceived problems are invented by media people with no life then fixated on my people with no life... Seriously I think the three guys r just fine with where they are.

well Freddy i guess it another way of saying the same thing Strider said....really what was in those pop tarts?

Except he had the ingenuity of adding pop tarts! How could I have been so stupid? :slapface:

How exactly are we being dragged into this? With ropes and chains? That is some assumption you are making. None of us speak with Jimmy, Robert or John Paul directly, so if you feel you are being affected by their conversations, you are not being "dragged" into anything, you are "forcing" yourself into the issue on your own accord.

This is hysterical stufff. 90% of the perceived problems are invented by media people with no life then fixated on my people with no life... Seriously I think the three guys r just fine with where they are.

QFT. :thumbsup:

Just stumbled in here after seeing it's been reoccurring often lately. Anyone who thinks Robert ripped up a contract in front of everyone is out of their minds. As Strider already said, how could true Led Zeppelin fans carry around such contempt for Robert as they do? These guys grew up together in their 20's/30's directly, became rock gods together, owned the musical world together, they have a much deeper relationship than any of us could ever understand. The time has gone, enough already!

A therapist? Now we are getting out of hand here.

I think it's pretty clear who needs a therapist here & it ain't Robert Plant, Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter what they choose to do because their !music lives on in our hearts and lives. I know that in my house my kids were raised on zeppelin. I would love to c them in concert again it would be a dream come true. But because we a true fans of these rock gods they deserve our respect for there answers to our questions. Whether they get answered our not. We should support them and continue to pass there music down to every generation. This way they will live forever. In my house everyday we rock out to them and my kids can sing right along. Thank you zeppelin for sharing your talent and gifts with us.

A therapist? Now we are getting out of hand here.

There is now a firmly-embedded "therapeutic culture" here in the States, and it's gotten out of hand. Even pet owners and their pets are now having "therapy" sessions to resolve their differences. Lol.

LZ was the soundtrack to my life and I enjoy what the guys have done since even the so called "hillbilly" music. Alison Krauss and Buddy Miller are huge talents. Can't we just enjoy everything they have given or at least respect their decisions and hold on to the greatest of all time fondly. Good god... Therapy.... Seriously? Much bigger problems than this supposed one to deal with. Here in the states we r falling apart as a nation in some areas ... What LZ stuff that gets distorted by the press and net is really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The music remains relevant.

Again this is much ado about nothing, there is no way Robert is going to turn down $250 million which would have been his share, there was no offer.

Well I think he would turn down such an offer. Say RP has fifty mil stashed away, that's more than enough for anyone. So, hypothetical offer rejected integrity intact.

There is now a firmly-embedded "therapeutic culture" here in the States, and it's gotten out of hand. Even pet owners and their pets are now having "therapy" sessions to resolve their differences. Lol.

Don't believe everything you read. The vast majority of people with emotional problems don't go to therapy. We have a lot of sick people here and most of them don't seek help (and some can't be helped, which is another story). I'm continually amazed by the old-fashioned responses here, things I would expect my great-grandfather to have said. You would never know that most people here are Baby Boomers. The attitudes often seem to come from 100 years ago.

Don't believe everything you read. The vast majority of people with emotional problems don't go to therapy. We have a lot of sick people here and most of them don't seek help (and some can't be helped, which is another story). I'm continually amazed by the old-fashioned responses here, things I would expect my great-grandfather to have said. You would never know that most people here are Baby Boomers. The attitudes often seem to come from 100 years ago.

Yes, it seems that delusion runs rampant in this forum. :whistling:

Archived