Super Deluxe vinyl defect(s)?

riffsofpage

With PG, I played companion LPstraight from packaging with several skips/jumps on 1st track on each side. Will try cleaning to see if it improves.

The CD companion did not play at all. Both other cd's fine.

Again as a non vinyl observer seems like Japan turns out best vinyl and packaging I have just original remastered on cd without companion had to return 2 and 3 for scratches I can't help looking at 2008 definitive box and seeing perfection. If I paid over 100 dollars for sdbs I'd be pretty annoyed at flaws especially multiple ones. Was Germany just cheaper to use for manufacturing???

Hello, my name is francisco javier, recently bought the deluxe editions of the albums I, II, III, IV and house of the holly, anywhere www.discorder.com.

In all these, the extra vinyl is defective, and can not be held responsible,

Can you tell me where to make a claim ?. Thank You

Saw this discussion and thought I would add my experience. On IV it took me 3 super deluxe to get a good one. Right now I am on my sixth Graffiti box set. On every one of them it has been really bad skipping on the companion audio vinyl. Half were side one and not side one is playing but side two is skipping in the 1st two songs. I'm hoping I will eventually get one from Amazon that has both sides that work on the same vinyl.

This is just not acceptable. I had this happen back when I bought vinyl years ago. And knew people -like here -with no defects ever. I had terrible luck. With 300-400 cd's I have had 2 defects in 20 years. I feel your pain totally.its why I don't regret selling my vinyl.

Honestly what really bugs me about it is that I saved up and got a turntable mainly for these releases. These were giving me the push to get back in to vinyl and it seems it has been nothing but a hassle. You should not be looking at your super deluxe box set when it comes with this feeling of dread. You should be excited. Just to add an FYI...I have had my friend try a couple of the vinyls on different turntables in case it is my set up and he has had it happen to him as well.

I believe u and almost did same. It's like DVDs vs Blu Ray large sets I often get scratched DVDs ...scratched Blu rays=Zero it's why I stuck with cd even tho these probably were meant to b heard on vinyl I'll stay where I am. I do feel really bad when I hear stuff like this

• 3 years later...

Though very late to the show, I was able to secure all 9 of the studio sdbs editions recently. My turntable was destroyed in a move 6 months ago, so the boxes sat on a shelf for a month until I bought a new one.

I finally started spinning vinyl this week and found a bizarre error/scratch/pressing flaw in “No Quarter” on the non-companion vinyl (photo attached). There appears to be a numeral 2 over the first half of the track. It caused a 3 or 4 rotation skip during the song, which is how I knew to look for the scratch. After that skip played through, the track finished but the needle wouldn’t move past the end of the song to “The Ocean”. So, I cleaned the album and did a needle drop at the end of NQ. It progressed to TO fine. Due to a call for work, I did not play NQ again to see if cleaning fixed that minor skip. 

So, does anybody else have a “2” in NQ? I suppose a hair or something may have blown in (wild conjecture, obviously), but the “scratch” seems way to complex to be a scratch. It seems to be part of the pressing.

A26E712D-4392-4FD5-9975-6674FE317D89.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I've bought the whole series of SupeDeluxe-boxsets (when these were released), all them were pristine in every possible way. Now I've noticed something.

And to my surprise, even if I have been careful with handling them, it seems that the actual box of II has little damage to it.

I think it's damaged, but the pic might actually overstate a bit..luckily it's the inner side of the box.

I have enclosed 2 pics with the message here, IMG_1338a.jpg shows the boxset which is fine, but IMG_1337b.jpg shows when I open it revealing the damage. 

I've browsed the book, listened to the vinyl/cd and such, only kept these boxes on my shelf with the greatest care and now it's little damaged.

Also, I have the first similar cased Metallica SuperDeluxe-boxsets (of their first 4 albums that has been released so far in the series) and I think some people had ever more wear on those even as brand-new.

Anybody had similar things happen?

IMG_1338a.jpg

IMG_1337b.jpg

Archived