Jimmy Page & Chris Cornell To Collaborate In 2015

brettwb1

I'm a massive Cornell and Soundgarden fan and I think it would be amazing for he and Page to get on a stage together.

Steve Gorman of The Black Crowes was also at the event in LA. He has a great track record playing with Jimmy and was the only member of the Black Crowes to attend the 02 show. He said on his radio show that he was seated with Jimmy's family! As my favorite (living) drummer, I would love to see him back on the kit with Page again.

Just my two cents. First post here. Love this forum!

That would be brilliant! Joe could really get some great blues out of Jimmy!

^ Imagine this with Jimmy... :veryhot:

I think if I had to put together a three or four piece band for Jimmy, it would be:

Jimmy on guitar (of course)

Dave Grohl on drums

John Paul Jones on bass, keyboards

now here is where I'm stuck, if there would be another guitarist that sings lead it would either be Josh Homme, Jordan Cook (Reignwolf), or Jeff Martin, but if it was just a singer then I'd be happy with Chris Cornell

Thanks for the video! Wow, if Joe and Jimmy were to do something like this together...., that would indeed be... :veryhot:

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post. If Jimmy collaborates with Chris Cornell, Jason and JPJ, maybe the way forward is a group name, such as Turn the Page. They could play the Zep music and other music, but the group name would be a new beginning and identity. Maybe, Jimmy has such ideas. As a veteran fan, who marvelled At Zep at Manchester University, Earl's Court and Knebworth, I can only hope !

I almost appreciate the humour about dentures, but nobody has agreed or disagreed with my contention, that a new group name and Chris Cornell can give JP a new identity or motivation.

He doesn't need a new identity.

Motivation is the thing, and I don't think a band name will give him any motivation - that has to come from within. Cornell (who has an outstanding voice imo) may give him some sorely lacking Inspiration, if he actually decides that he's going to commit the time & effort required to put together another band of equals (and if they can actually work well together). At nearly 71, I'm not sure if he has the necessary commitment.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a massive Cornell and Soundgarden fan and I think it would be amazing for he and Page to get on a stage together.

Steve Gorman of The Black Crowes was also at the event in LA. He has a great track record playing with Jimmy and was the only member of the Black Crowes to attend the 02 show. He said on his radio show that he was seated with Jimmy's family! As my favorite (living) drummer, I would love to see him back on the kit with Page again.

Just my two cents. First post here. Love this forum!

Too bad the black crowed are so dysfunctional...would love to see them as his backing band again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He was chief architect of the '90s grunge movement and should never be forgiven for it.

Cheers, Mr. Jones, and for what it's worth, he hasn't been forgiven for it nor will he ever be from me. His fad didn't last so THEN he decides he wants to play Rock and Roll. You know, the happy rock and roll that makes one feel good and not suicidal or depressed. Don't even get me started on Dave Grohl. I doubt the site has enough bandwidth for that rant. Hahahahaha

Cheers, Mr. Jones, and for what it's worth, he hasn't been forgiven for it nor will he ever be from me. His fad didn't last so THEN he decides he wants to play Rock and Roll. You know, the happy rock and roll that makes one feel good and not suicidal or depressed. Don't even get me started on Dave Grohl. I doubt the site has enough bandwidth for that rant. Hahahahaha

Can we site some examples of when his "fad" ended?

Can we site some examples of when his "fad" ended?

Agreed! When was the law passed that musicians couldn't write about their life experiences? Not everything has to be written in the same vein as "crotch rock"....

Agreed! When was the law passed that musicians couldn't write about their life experiences? Not everything has to be written in the same vein as "crotch rock"....

I don't think there is such a law. Kinda like there's no law against someone expressing their opinion about grunge on an open public forum. NEXT!

"Site"? I already see that your grammar will annoy me more than Grunge so I don't think I'll engage. But thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Oh no I used site instead of cite! Oh darn! Well the word may have been incorrect but the question was quite clear and by your dismissal of the question my guess is you are unable to "cite" when Chris Cornells "fad" ended.

My Wave-Soundgarden(W/lyrics): https://youtu.be/RWdP8B4BHss

I don't think there is such a law. Kinda like there's no law against someone expressing their opinion about grunge on an open public forum. NEXT!

I wasn't addressing you, just agreeing with cosmic juice. NEXT! :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on Dave Grohl. I doubt the site has enough bandwidth for that rant.

Guess you won't like my sig then... :bubble:

"Site"? I already see that your grammar will annoy me more than Grunge so I don't think I'll engage. But thanks for the warm welcome! :)

There's no law against someone expressing their opinion, but it is polite to acknowledge someone's question and give them some sort of answer besides shooting it down because of a silly spelling error. :hunter:

Grohl's oft-repeated ambition to replace John Bonham in a reformed Led Zeppelin became the bane of Led Zeppelin forums. I've come to accept over time (years!) Grohl really is a genuinely nice guy with immense respect for Bonzo, however I still have no appreciation for grunge music and little interest in grunge artists. As far as I'm concerned, all those albums can be categorized as suicide soundtracks.

Cornell did a great job interviewing Page in Los Angeles, and we'll see if it amounts to anything more. Perhaps they'll jam later this year.

Archived