2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The AL East should be Baltimore's for the taking--I'm not so sure how good the Sawx or the Rays are and the Bronx Zoo should be back in effect with the poser A-Roid leading the circus. That leaves me to wonder about the other 2 divisions--are the Tigers still a lock in the Central; what about the West? Should be a two team race between LA and Oakkand--although Seattle may finally live up to all the promise they've had the last few seasons....

I would imagine KC will be picked by many to overtake the Tigers but do not see the White Sox short. They are being given a ton of respect by the mainstream analysts. It should be a very good year for Chicago in baseball. I do hope you are correct on the Orioles. Vegas has only Boston ahead of them on odds in the East. Why I have no clue. The Yankees did get Miller and I am a bit disappointed the Orioles did not make more of an effort to keep him. I do not know how anyone can count Baltimore out with that lineup. I expect them to be right there whether its the division or Wild Card. Will the Dodgers and Nationals live up to their expectations and talent? I say at least one of them will. I love what the Cubs are doing. And I am saying this now, watch out for the Cubs. I am not sure about the Mariners. But I am pretty sure they will make noise. Can Cruz have the kind of year he had in Baltimore? I hope not as he did not stay. I am hoping Chris Davis has a huge year. And Manny Machado. Not allowing Hardy to go to the Yankees was huge. If they had him and A Rod on the left side it would have made them potentially very good there. But how good will A Rod be this year? Has he stayed in shape other than banging every blonde he can get his hands on?

^^ Nelson Cruz moving to a much bigger ballpark in Seattle may have an effect on his numbers--but then again, he has the power to knock it out of any park, regardless of dimensions but I still wonder if the Mariner's home park will get in his head a bit. I really don't think Boston has the starting pitching to compete with the O's. Maybe the Rays will rise up & be better than some expect, but again, if Baltmore doesn't win the East I will be shocked....

Did you hear Bryce Harper's recent comments--he's feeling very good about himself; apparently he's already getting his finger fitted for a World Series ring. Of course, we've seen countless examples of teams in any sport who were a virtual lock in the preseason then stumble somewhere along the way--just look at the Dodgers the last few years.

Speaking of the Dodgers, I wonder how fair it is to call Clayton Kershaw another Peyton Manning--although I get where the people who say that are coming from, as far as putting up eye-popping "regular season" stats and having a subpar postseason record. Of course, Peyton has a championship--time will tell whether Clayton will ever win just "one"...

Before Bryce Harper gets too carried away, he should ask Max Scherzer where his World Series Ring(s) are?

I think it's too late for Bryce Harper to not get carried away...

I think it's too late for Bryce Harper to not get carried away...

Just read an article on our boys Esther and they are ready to rumble. Davis, Wieters and Machado are all a go. That is good enough to make up for Cruz's bat. He is 35 and I wish him luck. But just not when we play them. We have the best defense in baseball. Period. And we have our staff back but for Miller. I expect Dylan Bundy to come up. Go O's

Bong-Man's Tigers are being discussed on SportsCenter right now--I had some doubts about whether or not to pick Detroit again to win the Central, but they are the champs of the Central 'til someone knocks them off. Not so sure I believe in Brad Ausmus as the manager--at least when it comes to playoff time, should the Tigers get that far; and, of course, the questions about Verlander--can he adjust his game & get back to the Verlander type numbers of old.

And will Miggy Cabrera bounce back from what some are calling a down year for him--down by his lofty standards at least...

I'm wondering which division in the National League will be the toughest--it will be close between the East & the West. I'm looking for my Mets to give Washington a good fight for the NL East division crown--that is if the whole thing hasn't been decided already; I think most of the pundits have the Nats winning 130 games this year...

I'm wondering which division in the National League will be the toughest--it will be close between the East & the West. I'm looking for my Mets to give Washington a good fight for the NL East division crown--that is if the whole thing hasn't been decided already; I think most of the pundits have the Nats winning 130 games this year...

I cant see Washington not winning the East. I love the Cubs to win the Central. LOVE EM. Lester, Maddon, Rizzo, and a fucking wrecking machine in the works

THIS is the thread to spout off on Mr King Cardiac. Gee, I wonder what it would be like to be in that dick division known as the NL Central compared to having to be in the AL East with the likes of the Yankees, Red Sox and Blue Jays and Tampa and the huge payrolls they have had over the years? No comparison at all. If Baltimore was in that dick division they would destroy it. This year it may be more competitive as the Cubs have made alot of moves. And I believe they will win it

I'll be going to my first 2015 ball game tomorrow Yankees & Pirates at Steinbrenner Field, it'll be great to leave snowy New York for the weekend & see some Spring Training ball!

Enjoy! The wife picked up tickets for the Yanks/Braves in Lake Buena Vista (Braves camp) in two weeks. Spring training games are so much fun - such a relaxed atmosphere!

Paul, your Mets played their first game yesterday against the Braves. A friend of mine, who is a HUGE Braves fan, went to. Play ball! :)

I'll be going to my first 2015 ball game tomorrow Yankees & Pirates at Steinbrenner Field, it'll be great to leave snowy New York for the weekend & see some Spring Training ball!

Hey Tangie, our Mets appear to have a lot of promise this year--I just wish I had some faith in the manager. Right now I see the Mets are up a run on the uncrowned Champs from Washington--for whatever that's worth in March. Have fun at Spring Training... :wave:

Paul, your Mets played their first game yesterday against the Braves. A friend of mine, who is a HUGE Braves fan, went to. Play ball! :)

I honestly believe the Mets can hang with the Nats this year--whether that actually comes to fruition is another thing.

I'm jealous! I love spring training, but we weren't able to go this year - first time in over 20 years I've missed it.

Have a great time!!

Archived