2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The Orioles do not believe he can do it again is what I am guessing or they would have given him the keys to the city as he was demanding. he will help them. But not for 4 years. They over paid him. He cant play defense. If he goes into a slump it will be relentless second guessing. Baltimore is still loaded when you look at their lineup. I am more upset at losing Nick. I am really surprised Nick left. I really believed he was a loyal guy. I am wondering if Buck is going to sign anyone? Like Miller. He is the one I am really wondering about. Or is he gone already too? I cant keep up with baseball in the winter. Too much else going on

Went to the yankees. Blech.

The offseason is not filling me with confidence so far.

It seems the coveted Jon Lester is now a Chicago Cub. Apparently a 6 year at $155 million dollar contract. Too bad he signed and devoted 6 years of his life to a team that will go nowhere this next season and beyond. The Saint Louis Cardinals have and will continue to dominate the National League Central Division for many of those 6 years to come.

However, I will be very interested to watch and see how the "Mighty Cardinals" fare against such a pitcher of his so-called caliber.

Edited to add: Many people laud and appraise Clayton Kershaw, but the Cardinals ripped up and tore apart Clayton Kershaw this past season and the year before that. So much for "hype". They may be good pitchers all throughout the baseball season but what really matters is when it comes down to winning games in the post-season, when it really counts. At the moment that pitcher is and was not a Cardinal, it was a Giant. Even though I do not like the San Francisco Giants, I will give praise and credit when it is justly do, and that pitcher was Madison Bumgarner.

It seems the coveted Jon Lester is now a Chicago Cub. Apparently a 6 year at $155 million dollar contract. Too bad he signed and devoted 6 years of his life to a team that will go nowhere this next season and beyond. The Saint Louis Cardinals have and will continue to dominate the National League Central Division for many of those 6 years to come.

However, I will be very interested to watch and see how the "Mighty Cardinals" fare against such a pitcher of his so-called caliber.

Edited to add: Many people laud and appraise Clayton Kershaw, but the Cardinals ripped up and tore apart Clayton Kershaw this past season and the year before that. So much for "hype". They may be good pitchers all throughout the baseball season but what really matters is when it comes down to winning games in the post-season, when it really counts. At the moment that pitcher is and was not a Cardinal, it was a Giant. Even though I do not like the San Francisco Giants, I will give praise and credit when it is justly do, and that pitcher was Madison Bumgarner.

This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. The first paragraph was enough for me. Then the hogwash that followed in bold. You sit there and say the Cubs will go no where? What a jack arse. Where is your crystal ball Einstein? The Cubs were a team that was coming on and playing much better. They have a real star in Rizzo a guy that I cannot wait to see do a number on your pitching. The Cubs will win the Central either this or next year. I say this year. Weak division so it should be easy for them to get it done

This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. The first paragraph was enough for me. Then the hogwash that followed in bold. You sit there and say the Cubs will go no where? What a jack arse. Where is your crystal ball Einstein? The Cubs were a team that was coming on and playing much better. They have a real star in Rizzo a guy that I cannot wait to see do a number on your pitching. The Cubs will win the Central either this or next year. I say this year. Weak division so it should be easy for them to get it done

Yes I said the Cubs will go nowhere this season or the next 6 seasons. I do not need a crystal ball to predict this. The past 20-80 years of Chicago Cubs baseball tells it all. If I am a jack arse, you are the more dominant Jack Ass. I don't even know who the Fuck Rizzo is. The only Rizzo I have ever heard of is "Ratso Rizzo".

If I were you, I would worry more about how the Baltimore Orioles will struggle this new season to make it an even win/lose season. Besides this 2014 season, the Orioles are again about to struggle to make it to the .500 mark. They had a "fluke" of a season in 2014 and I believe that they will again fall into the category of "what if" and what should never be.

I am proud to say that this will not ever be considered or uttered when it comes to the Dominant Saint Louis Cardinals Team and Organization. The Cardinals, at least, are a World Class Team/Organization that is/are always contenders to the NL Championship (4 years in a row) and World Series contenders as well. Even though they may not always win when the time to win is needed. With that being said, besides the San Francisco Giants, how many Major League Baseball Teams can even come close to those claims/facts in the past 15 years? Certainly not the stinking Cubs and the equally inept Orioles.

I already know that you do not like me, even though you have never met me and I can respect that, however, I really think that you resent Me because of how much I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals and how I promote how much the Saint Louis Cardinals are the Better Team historically and World Series Titles They have over the Baltimore Orioles. Jealousy, and jealousy can be a very Powerful emotion. Obviously you already know that and feel that. Otherwise I do not think that you would resort to inane, inept and un-called for name calling to a fellow Baseball and Led Zeppelin fan.

For the Record: Will you please state your age? I am 44 years old and reside in Plano, Texas (a city with over 250,000 residents, about 20 miles north of Dallas, Texas proper). I am very curious as to your real age and in what city and state that you live.

If you refuse or refrain from answers a simple question as to your age and current residence, I think that you are too embarrassed or are hiding something about yourself that you do not seem to hide when you post your comments.

Yes I said the Cubs will go nowhere this season or the next 6 seasons. I do not need a crystal ball to predict this. The past 20-80 years of Chicago Cubs baseball tells it all. If I am a jack arse, you are the more dominant Jack Ass. I don't even know who the Fuck Rizzo is. The only Rizzo I have ever heard of is "Ratso Rizzo".

If I were you, I would worry more about how the Baltimore Orioles will struggle this new season to make it an even win/lose season. Besides this 2014 season, the Orioles are again about to struggle to make it to the .500 mark. They had a "fluke" of a season in 2014 and I believe that they will again fall into the category of "what if" and what should never be.

I am proud to say that this will not ever be considered or uttered when it comes to the Dominant Saint Louis Cardinals Team and Organization. The Cardinals, at least, are a World Class Team/Organization that is/are always contenders to the NL Championship (4 years in a row) and World Series contenders as well. Even though they may not always win when the time to win is needed. With that being said, besides the San Francisco Giants, how many Major League Baseball Teams can even come close to those claims/facts in the past 15 years? Certainly not the stinking Cubs and the equally inept Orioles.

I already know that you do not like me, even though you have never met me and I can respect that, however, I really think that you resent Me because of how much I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals and how I promote how much the Saint Louis Cardinals are the Better Team historically and World Series Titles They have over the Baltimore Orioles. Jealousy, and jealousy can be a very Powerful emotion. Obviously you already know that and feel that. Otherwise I do not think that you would resort to inane, inept and un-called for name calling to a fellow Baseball and Led Zeppelin fan.

For the Record: Will you please state your age? I am 44 years old and reside in Plano, Texas (a city with over 250,000 residents, about 20 miles north of Dallas, Texas proper). I am very curious as to your real age and in what city and state that you live.

If you refuse or refrain from answers a simple question as to your age and current residence, I think that you are too embarrassed or are hiding something about yourself that you do not seem to hide when you post your comments.

If you do not know who Rizzo is you are the jack arse. Watch the name calling, it will get you in trouble here. You are the most ignorant poster here. If you do not know who Rizzo is you are just watching your red birds and not paying attention to what is going on. You will know who he is next year when he clobbers your staff

PS You are on the wrong wagon. You should be cheering for the Rams. They will win it all before the Cardinals

I see the Red Sox have done some more dealing, trying to strengthen their rotation. Still waiting for the real big fish of this offseason to be caught--that being one Max Scherzer. I know it's highly unlikely, but what if my Mets decided to throw some green at Scherzer--imagine that rotation going into 2015....

No and its very sad to see Nick go. I loved the guy. As for Strider and his negative comments on the Cubs, Madden's hiring had nothing to do with me picking them. They have been making good moves and have improved drastically if you had not noticed in the second half last year. Its a weak division and they will win it

The Chicago Cubs have been a terrible baseball team for years and years. No one person or pitcher is going to change that fact. I kinda feel sorry for the Cubs fans because they hope and expect some sudden and drastic turn around for their fans only to be let down year after year and decade after decade.

I do not feel any compassion or empathy for the equally inept and sorry Baltimore orioles baseball team and their fans. It makes me proud to be a baseball fan who's team is a constant contender every year (even if they make it to the NLCS 4 years in a row) and happen to not win when the winning is needed.

You always harangue and say that this is a weak division. A weak division that the Saint Louis Cardinals have and will continue to DOMINATE for decades to come.

Show Me or provide real proof that the orioles have a chance to even make it back to the Play-Offs again this 2015 season. After reading a lot of your BS and hype of how the orioles were the chosen team to win the WS, I laughed at when they were shut down by the Kansas City Royals.

The Chicago Cubs have been a terrible baseball team for years and years. No one person or pitcher is going to change that fact. I kinda feel sorry for the Cubs fans because they hope and expect some sudden and drastic turn around for their fans only to be let down year after year and decade after decade.

I do not feel any compassion or empathy for the equally inept and sorry Baltimore orioles baseball team and their fans. It makes me proud to be a baseball fan who's team is a constant contender every year (even if they make it to the NLCS 4 years in a row) and happen to not win when the winning is needed.

You always harangue and say that this is a weak division. A weak division that the Saint Louis Cardinals have and will continue to DOMINATE for decades to come.

Show Me or provide real proof that the orioles have a chance to even make it back to the Play-Offs again this 2015 season. After reading a lot of your BS and hype of how the orioles were the chosen team to win the WS, I laughed at when they were shut down by the Kansas City Royals.

The Orioles are not in dire straights because they lost Cruz. They still have Davis. And they have three all stars returning to the lineup you moron

The Dodgers are sure rolling the dice. Their moves could be crazy-stupid...or crazy-genius.

May they shoot craps. :lol:

Just a side note. I said it in the other MLB thread that I'm sad that my 3 brothers weren't alive to see the Giants finally win the World Series. I remember as a kid when they came to SF and everyone had baseball fever. I used to fish at the Ferry Building and at lunch time the office guys would come out and play baseball with a wad of rolled up paper and rubber bands. My Mother took me to Seals Stadium before Candlestick was built and it was in a great part of town where the sun shined and no winds like the Stick. It was a great time to be a kid and I couldn't play enough baseball after school or on the weekends. I loved running down fly balls in the outfield. Maybe in the next life I'll come back as a center fielder for the Giants. :yesnod:

post-503-0-80518500-1418693686_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-83040400-1418693719_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-83739300-1418693735_thumb.jpg

I post this again because to Me it is a very funny and a very embarrassing clip of the baltimore orioles getting the crap beat out of them back in 2007. I have never seen any baseball team get so humiliated in front of their home crowd. 5:40 clip that takes the Prize for beating an already defeated team. Past or Present. 30 runs for the Texas Rangers to the 3 runs for the weak and always inept Baltimore orioles. This is probably the Greatest Baseball Highlight of All-Time.

Does Anyone Remember Laughter (and Humiliation)?

I post this again because to Me it is a very funny and a very embarrassing clip of the baltimore orioles getting the crap beat out of them back in 2007. I have never seen any baseball team get so humiliated in front of their home crowd. 5:40 clip that takes the Prize for beating an already defeated team. Past or Present. 30 runs for the Texas Rangers to the 3 runs for the weak and always inept Baltimore orioles. This is probably the Greatest Baseball Highlight of All-Time.

Does Anyone Remember Laughter (and Humiliation)?

Why dont you give it a rest you shit stirring idiot? What about what we did you your Cards last year? You wound up in the playoffs like us and not winning it like us. So why dont you do us all a favor and stop talking baseball in the winter. Dont you follow football or hockey or basketball? St Louis has the Rams. A team I happen to like since they were the Los Angeles Rams. And the Blues can win the Cup. Another team I like. But I do not like the Cardinals or talking baseball when I see three feet of snow in my back yard. You are posting this shit to piss me off. So mission accomplished dick head

Why dont you give it a rest you shit stirring idiot? What about what we did you your Cards last year? You wound up in the playoffs like us and not winning it like us. So why dont you do us all a favor and stop talking baseball in the winter. Dont you follow football or hockey or basketball? St Louis has the Rams. A team I happen to like since they were the Los Angeles Rams. And the Blues can win the Cup. Another team I like. But I do not like the Cardinals or talking baseball when I see three feet of snow in my back yard. You are posting this shit to piss me off. So mission accomplished dick head

First of all, I live in Plano, Texas and there is NO snow anywhere near here. So I cannot relate to seeing 3 feet of snow when I look out the window. As someone already said in this 2015 Baseball topic, Baseball is a year round event, with all the Off-Season trading, negotiating and behind the scenes happenings and transactions, etc...

I will say that I sometimes want to antagonize you because of your pitch by pitch and play by play and day to day posturing of how great you think that the Baltimore Orioles were last season. You are correct in saying that your team and MY Team made it to the Post-Season but faltered in winning when the winning was most-important. I will say this one more time (and with all due Respect), I believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are the better team then almost all of the MLB teams combined. History, and more importantly, recent Baseball History is on My side. That is not opinion, but true and actual fact. If, for some unforeseen reason, the Saint Louis Cardinals do not make it to this new 2015 year Post-Season, I have no worries because the Cardinals will always be a serious challenger and contender to win another World Series in My Lifetime.

I will say that I wish the Baltimore Orioles Good Luck in this new 2015 season. Good Luck to all the Major League Teams.

First of all, I live in Plano, Texas and there is NO snow anywhere near here. So I cannot relate to seeing 3 feet of snow when I look out the window. As someone already said in this 2015 Baseball topic, Baseball is a year round event, with all the Off-Season trading, negotiating and behind the scenes happenings and transactions, etc...

I will say that I sometimes want to antagonize you because of your pitch by pitch and play by play and day to day posturing of how great you think that the Baltimore Orioles were last season. You are correct in saying that your team and MY Team made it to the Post-Season but faltered in winning when the winning was most-important. I will say this one more time (and with all due Respect), I believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are the better team then almost all of the MLB teams combined. History, and more importantly, recent Baseball History is on My side. That is not opinion, but true and actual fact. If, for some unforeseen reason, the Saint Louis Cardinals do not make it to this new 2015 year Post-Season, I have no worries because the Cardinals will always be a serious challenger and contender to win another World Series in My Lifetime.

I will say that I wish the Baltimore Orioles Good Luck in this new 2015 season. Good Luck to all the Major League Teams.

This is your morning ritual to pour out this BS daily. Then you go off to drive your bus or whatever it is you do. Baltimore faltered in the ALCS because they lost 3 AL All stars to injury.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Rick is on to something.

I went with friends to a "Back to the Future" marathon earlier tonight at the American Cinematheque...all three "Back to the Future" movies screened back-to-back-to-back. I hadn't seen these movies since they first came out, and I had forgotten most of the plot particulars.

So I was struck by the plot in "Back to the Future II", where Marty McFly and Doc go to the year 2015. The Biff from 2015 changes his future by going back to 1955 and giving his younger self a "Sports Almanac 1950-2000" book. One of the sports results that we see while Marty McFly is watching 2015 news is that the Chicago Cubs beat Miami to win the World Series that year!

There you go...put your futures bets on Chicago and Miami, hahaha!

This is your morning ritual to pour out this BS daily. Then you go off to drive your bus or whatever it is you do. Baltimore faltered in the ALCS because they lost 3 AL All stars to injury.

For your 70+ years, you are actually a funny guy to follow when it comes to Baseball and the Baltimore Orioles. I say this in Good Faith. I hope that you see an Orioles World Championship in whatever years you have left. To make it even better for you and Me, I would hope to witness a Saint Louis Cardinals versus the Baltimore Orioles World Series in 2015. And to be completely honest, it would not saddened Me in the least if the Orioles defeat the Cardinals. I know that it is just a Game. A game/season that has no immediate impact on Me regardless if My team wins or loses.

• 2 weeks later...

Scherzer to the Nats?? Who saw that coming...

I know that you despise Me and I don't give a F**K, I don't like you either and your uppity, holier then thou attitude, but I am responding to your post.

I guess all bets are off (or on) and the Washington Nationals are the 2015 World Series Champions all because of one person. That even means that your Orioles do not have a chance at beating the now over-hyped Nationals. Good luck with all yours and lz77fan's hype and over-confident meanderings that the orioles are the best team in Baseball.

Scherzer a National, wow--that makes an already stellar rotation even more powerful. So, should we just hand the NL East crown to Washington or do my Mets still have a chance to compete?

no Paul, your Mets are still in it - it's not May yet! ;):lol:

Archived