2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The Astros may be that team of destiny this year--I know it's still April (almost May) but the team from Houston could be the real deal in 2015.

And should I start worrying about my Mets. 4-6 over their last 10 I believe--of course, I knew that they had to cool off at some point after the 11 game streak. Now the Nationals come in to Citi Field with no doubt thoughts about putting more dents in the Mets armor. Some nice matchups to begin the series--Strasburg and deGrom tonight; Harvey and Scherzer tomorrow...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just cast my all-star ballot and it goes like this:

American League:

Catcher - Salvador Perez

1st Base - Miguel Cabrera

2nd Base - Devon Travis

3rd base - Mike Moustakas

Shortstop - Jose Iglesias

DH - Nelson Cruz

Outfielders - Mike Trout, Adam Jones, Josh Reddick

National League:

Catcher - Buster Posey

1st Base - Joey Votto

2nd Base - DJ LeMahieu

3rd Base - Nolan Arenado

Shortstop - Starlin Castro

Outfielders - Juan Lagares, Giancarlo Stanton, Mark Trumbo

Man, this Mets game suddenly got my blood boiling--deGrom threw what was a perfect double-play ball, but that fuckin' idiot Flores bobbled it on the attempted exchange to 2nd base. Now instead of deGrom being in the dugout with a 2-run lead, now he's laboring a bit in the 4th in what's a tie ballgame & the Nats have 2 in scoring position--a flyball by the Nats and they've taken the lead... FUCK!!!!

smiley-angry002.gif

I'm so disgusted right now, I may just flip over to TNT and watch the Clippers. :mad:

You could always watch Caps/Rangers... :)

We're sticking out the baseball...until the Nats do what they do best and screw it up late.

^ ^

They do this to us every year Paul, but as Mets fans we always hold out hope ...

This is why I am proud to be a loyal Saint Louis Cardinals fan. I do not always hold out hope, I HAVE hope. I am not disparaging the New York Mets in the least. They started out very strong and kind of fell into a recent lull, but your(s) hope and their perseverance may get them back on track.

As for the Cardinals, they currently have the best record in baseball. 16-6. Winning 8 out of their last 10 games and on a 4 game winning streak. I still know that it is too early in the season to call any team the best (so far), but if the past 4 years have any indication of what is to come in the last months of the season, the Saint Louis Cardinals will be at the forefront (again) and the team to beat.

As of this moment, I would not mind witnessing a Saint Louis Cardinals versus the Houston Astros World Series.

Edit to add: I know that there are a few prominent people who post almost hourly on this topic (when there team is winning, not so much when there team is losing), and even resort to foolish and very inconsiderate and uncalled for name-calling (directed at ME). They know who they are without me mentioning any handles. If I have to, I will have no remorse in naming such peoples. Sometimes their arrogance and ignorance is so despicable that they ought to be "warned" of their negative words and reprehensible name-calling (which is totally uncalled for) regarding fellow Baseball and especially fellow Led Zeppelin fans that have been fans for over 30 years.

This is why I am proud to be a loyal Saint Louis Cardinals fan. I do not always hold out hope, I HAVE hope. I am not disparaging the New York Mets in the least. They started out very strong and kind of fell into a recent lull, but your(s) hope and their perseverance may get them back on track.

As for the Cardinals, they currently have the best record in baseball. 16-6. Winning 8 out of their last 10 games and on a 4 game winning streak. I still know that it is too early in the season to call any team the best (so far), but if the past 4 years have any indication of what is to come in the last months of the season, the Saint Louis Cardinals will be at the forefront (again) and the team to beat.

As of this moment, I would not mind witnessing a Saint Louis Cardinals versus the Houston Astros World Series.

Edit to add: I know that there are a few prominent people who post almost hourly on this topic (when there team is winning, not so much when there team is losing), and even resort to foolish and very inconsiderate and uncalled for name-calling (directed at ME). They know who they are without me mentioning any handles. If I have to, I will have no remorse in naming such peoples. Sometimes their arrogance and ignorance is so despicable that they ought to be "warned" of their negative words and reprehensible name-calling (which is totally uncalled for) regarding fellow Baseball and especially fellow Led Zeppelin fans that have been fans for over 30 years.

Get over yourself. You play in t a lousy division. Period. They are a good team, no great. Houston? Really? Already? They have played well but I am not ready to crown them just yet. Or the Cardinals for sure. The Mets have played a tougher schedule than the Cards for sure.

It will be an interesting 2 days, tonight and tomorrow to see how this series with the Nats shakes out--we've gotten to the bottom of the Mets starting rotation and Jon Niese is already laboring with over 20 pitches the 1st inning. If the Mets were vulnerable you would think it would be with Niese and Dillon Gee throwing--although Gee has strung together some quality starts his last few times out....

Get over yourself. You play in t a lousy division. Period. They are a good team, no great. Houston? Really? Already? They have played well but I am not ready to crown them just yet. Or the Cardinals for sure. The Mets have played a tougher schedule than the Cards for sure.

YOU need to get real. If the Baltimore Orioles were in first place with a record of 17-6 at this early point in the season, WE all know that you would be espousing how great the Orioles are over every other team in baseball. How they are the best team in the American League and how no other team can beat them and that they are going to win the 2015 World Series. You espouse the same rhetoric and none of it actually happens for the Orioles. At least come clean and say that I am correct because however you tend to respond to this, you know that I am right. You take the time and effort to give and make excuses for why the Orioles are a great and unbeatable team at this time even when they are just a .500 team. So and so is out, wait until they return, etc... The simple fact is that the Baltimore Orioles will always be a mediocre team. The last time the Orioles actually won a World Series was way back in 1983. That was 32 years ago.

If I am wrong in My facts I take full responsibility. If you dispute Me, I am cool with that. If you continue to call Me any negative words or adjectives, I may have to take matters into MY own hands and make sure that you treat ME with Respect and stop calling Me a "Fucking Idiot", "a Fucking Moron", "king shitzo", etc... there are a few other negative names you have also called me.

There is only so much verbal (and written) abuse I can take on a forum. You have passed that many months ago. It is just now that I am willing to bring it to the forefront and to the administrators of this Great and Awesome Website if your un-called for name-calling and comments toward Me continue today and in the near and distant future.

A man nearing his 80th year should look after his great grand-children and not worry about how an average and just through the motions an average baseball team is playing and should be mature enough to not call others ignorant names just because he does not agree with them.

GO CARDINALS!!!

YOU need to get real. If the Baltimore Orioles were in first place with a record of 17-6 at this early point in the season, WE all know that you would be espousing how great the Orioles are over every other team in baseball. How they are the best team in the American League and how no other team can beat them and that they are going to win the 2015 World Series. You espouse the same rhetoric and none of it actually happens for the Orioles. At least come clean and say that I am correct because however you tend to respond to this, you know that I am right. You take the time and effort to give and make excuses for why the Orioles are a great and unbeatable team at this time even when they are just a .500 team. So and so is out, wait until they return, etc... The simple fact is that the Baltimore Orioles will always be a mediocre team. The last time the Orioles actually won a World Series was way back in 1983. That was 32 years ago.

If I am wrong in My facts I take full responsibility. If you dispute Me, I am cool with that. If you continue to call Me any negative words or adjectives, I may have to take matters into MY own hands and make sure that you treat ME with Respect and stop calling Me a "Fucking Idiot", "a Fucking Moron", "king shitzo", etc... there are a few other negative names you have also called me.

There is only so much verbal (and written) abuse I can take on a forum. You have passed that many months ago. It is just now that I am willing to bring it to the forefront and to the administrators of this Great and Awesome Website if your un-called for name-calling and comments toward Me continue today and in the near and distant future.

A man nearing his 80th year should look after his great grand-children and not worry about how an average and just through the motions an average baseball team is playing and should be mature enough to not call others ignorant names just because he does not agree with them.

GO CARDINALS!!!

A mediocre team? That are AL East champions? By far a better division than the NL Cental. What a joke. The Orioles are far from being out of anything also as I guess you do not realize they play 162 games. You have a riot in downtown St Louis and see how that pans out? You do not think this has en affect on the Orioles? They are playing their home games on the road. There is no talking to you

A mediocre team? That are AL East champions? By far a better division than the NL Cental. What a joke. The Orioles are far from being out of anything also as I guess you do not realize they play 162 games. You have a riot in downtown St Louis and see how that pans out? You do not think this has en affect on the Orioles? They are playing their home games on the road. There is no talking to you

And that should be your mantra. Stop answering his ridiculous, inflammatory posts. These silly arguments are bringing down the thread. Please just ignore him.

I hope the "it's tough to sweep" rule holds true today...otherwise redrum's Giants are going to sweep the Angels back to Anaheim. In other years a Weaver-Lincecum matchup would be a great pitchers duel but both pitchers have fallen off-form this season. Jared Weaver has yet to get a win...he is 0-3 so far.

It doesn't look good.

Sunday Night ESPN game is Yankees @ Red Sox...Yanks took the first two, so if the above rule holds, then the Red Sox should win tonight. Not sure of the pitching matchup.

And that should be your mantra. Stop answering his ridiculous, inflammatory posts. These silly arguments are bringing down the thread. Please just ignore him.

I try but he keeps drawing me out. Orioles just scored 4 and lead 4-2!!!!!

Gee whiz, no propaganda post this morning? What a relief. Paul, I see the Orioles are at the Mets tomorrow night. I cannot believe we have another day off. I would expect them to return to Camden Yards next schedule home date? I hope.

^^ Hmmmm, I have not been paying attention to the upcoming schedule, I was bumming about the 3 out of 4 the Mets dropped to the Nats. A quick 2 game series with the Orioles--forutnate for your boys they will miss Harvey...

Yes but we will not have Hardy or Wieter's so that helps you out a bit. They cannot return fast enough

And our pitchers must swing the bats. Have no clue

Archived