2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

It sure makes a difference having the Orioles finally play a true home game again. I hope this kicks off a winning steak. If we can take Toronto we get 3 at home vs the Angels. Not to pick on your team Strider but this is a shot at a sweep. It will be a grand day when Wieters returns. I would DH him if I could. We need his bat. Davis finally woke up. Adam Jones hit one out. Jones is having a true all star year. I hope Tillman is good tonight. My patience is wearing thin.

Who doesn't love Yogi? A baseball icon for eternity.

Rick, the Angels have picked up their play of late...since dumping Hamilton on the Rangers. So sweeping the Angels won't be as easy as you think.

Who is hosting the All-Star game this year?

Who doesn't love Yogi? A baseball icon for eternity.

Rick, the Angels have picked up their play of late...since dumping Hamilton on the Rangers. So sweeping the Angels won't be as easy as you think.

Cincinnati. A city that epitomizes "meh"

Nothing personal to anyone living in Cincinnati :)

Cincinnati. A city that epitomizes "meh"

Nothing personal to anyone living in Cincinnati :)

The kid that is pitching for the Redlegs tonight is very good. The home cooking is going to get our Orioles back in the hunt. We are back where we belong in Camden and I expect them to put together some wins. They must. And lets get Wieters back even if we have to DH him.

The Reds. The only reason I'll be tuning in is to see the Franchise Four from each team introduced, plus the top vote-getters in the Greatest Living Player, Negro Leaguers, and MLB Pioneers categories. I hate the All-Star game now that it has shifted away from what it used to be, an exhibition game. I hate to sound like an old person at the tender age of 32, but back in my day, the ASG didn't determine who had HFA in the World Series, that just automatically switched back and forth every year. I also hate Interleague Play, because it takes away the thrill of the ASG, when you had a chance to see players you never otherwise would have seen.

There are a lot of great old All-Star Games on YouTube that I've been enjoying watching, particularly the games from the 1970s (complete with original commercials!), and one thing the announcers kept stressing was that the ASG was a chance for fans in that city to see players that played for the other league, players they would not see, particularly if their team hadn't been to the World Series in a long time, if ever. The 1979 game was in Seattle; when were Seattle Mariners fans going to see players like Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, or Pete Rose? At the ASG, they could. That's what made the game so awesome. Now it's just a cheap spectacle.

The kid that is pitching for the Redlegs tonight is very good. The home cooking is going to get our Orioles back in the hunt. We are back where we belong in Camden and I expect them to put together some wins. They must. And lets get Wieters back even if we have to DH him.

This is not my regular, positive rant about the Cardinals, but I am now able to follow every MLB team thanks to my phone and the MLB.com At Bat application, in very real time and I see that the Orioles lost yesterdays game against the Blue Jays by a score of 10-2 at Camden Yards. I know that both of us have not gotten along in the past about my Cardinals dominance in the NL Central and the Orioles lack of it in the AL East, except last year, but I say this in true and sincere honesty. If the Orioles seem to play at the level at what they are playing, I would not get your hopes up to high this season. I know that there can be a very major turnaround for the best teams at the moment and nice comebacks from the slumping teams . If the Orioles continue to lose, they may have to wait until next year to make a better statement. With that being said, if the Cardinals continue to play as they have, they have another great chance at making and winning the 2015 NLCS (most predict against the Dodgers again, but the Cardinals have completely dominated the Dodgers in the past 2 playoff series. I know that that is still a longs way away).

Again, nothing against you and the Orioles. Just something to possibly consider.

This is not my regular, positive rant about the Cardinals, but I am now able to follow every MLB team thanks to my phone and the MLB.com At Bat application, in very real time and I see that the Orioles lost yesterdays game against the Blue Jays by a score of 10-2 at Camden Yards. I know that both of us have not gotten along in the past about my Cardinals dominance in the NL Central and the Orioles lack of it in the AL East, except last year, but I say this in true and sincere honesty. If the Orioles seem to play at the level at what they are playing, I would not get your hopes up to high this season. I know that there can be a very major turnaround for the best teams at the moment and nice comebacks from the slumping teams . If the Orioles continue to lose, they may have to wait until next year to make a better statement. With that being said, if the Cardinals continue to play as they have, they have another great chance at making and winning the 2015 NLCS (most predict against the Dodgers again, but the Cardinals have completely dominated the Dodgers in the past 2 playoff series. I know that that is still a longs way away).

Again, nothing against you and the Orioles. Just something to possibly consider.

Let's see if I understand this...if a team continues to lose, it will not win. And if a team continues to win, it will win.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I have 2 games lined up, back to back. Taking a 3 day vacation to Toronto later in the month. Sometimes when I go to the Jays games, I see that Geddy dude from Rush but I never bother him, He seems to be a Blue Jays junkie like me.

He is a HUGE baseball fan. They used to plan their tours around spring training and played Central Florida every other year for about a 8 year span back in the 90's. Mrs. Walter and I were at every one of their shows back then - great memories and amazing shows! :stereo:

Let's see if I understand this...if a team continues to lose, it will not win. And if a team continues to win, it will win.

Having watched many games he called, that's Joe Garigiola levels of coherence.

Your daily blog has been noted, but not read by most I am sure. Its just too predictable what you are going to say. And its lame. Get a new hobby. Or talk about another sport once in a while. Why don't you like the Rams? They are actually my second favorite team. But I will guess you do not like them because they were the Los Angeles Rams? An I warm? I also like the Blues but you never mention them.

Mike Trout saved the Angels' bacon twice in extra innings tonight. In the 10th, Trout robbed Tulowitzki of a home run, in the 11th he threw out Gonzalez at home on a sac fly.

Finally, the Angels are at .500: 17-17.

Where in my post did I ever say... "if a team continues to lose, it will not win. And if a team continues to win, it will win". I suspect that you might not be able to comprehend easy words along with basic language comprehension. I, however, am a person that speaks the truth and the facts.

Face the facts, the Orioles are in LAST place and the Cardinals are in FIRST place. How is that for clarifying that?

Your daily blog has been noted, but not read by most I am sure. Its just too predictable what you are going to say. And its lame. Get a new hobby. Or talk about another sport once in a while. Why don't you like the Rams? They are actually my second favorite team. But I will guess you do not like them because they were the Los Angeles Rams? An I warm? I also like the Blues but you never mention them.

I love the Saint Louis Rams and the Saint Louis Blues. I lived in Saint Louis when the Rams won the Super Bowl against the Tennessee Titans in 2000. After Earl Campbell of the Houston Oilers, Marshall Faulk is my favorite running back/player.

One of my best friends when I lived in Saint Louis was Kevin Plager. His father who I knew was Barclay Plager and a professional NHL hockey player and coach. So I do love other Saint Louis teams besides the Almighty Cardinals, but none of these other Professional StL teams seem to make Their mark as much as the much maligned and feared team as the...

If anyone is skeptical about what I just posted, google Barclay Plager. I may be an idiot and a fanatic but I should never be called a liar from people on an Led Zeppelin website that really do not know Me. I can take insults and criticisms and actually enjoy what others seem to "dissect" and seem to "interpret" what I actually mean.

With all that being said on MY part, about Baseball, Football and Hockey, I REALLY HOPE that the Baltimore orioles continue to lose and lose and end up in last place as is fit their usual history. The orioles are a one hit wonder (like last year) and will never be a dominant team like the Cardinals have been for the past 15 years.

He is a HUGE baseball fan. They used to plan their tours around spring training and played Central Florida every other year for about a 8 year span back in the 90's. Mrs. Walter and I were at every one of their shows back then - great memories and amazing shows! :stereo:

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. It's weird because I'm not a big Rush guy and when I'm at the Blue Jays games, everyone just treats him like he is a fellow Jays junkie. May 26 and May 27 are the games I'm going to this month. Have some more planned for June and again in Aug.

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. It's weird because I'm not a big Rush guy and when I'm at the Blue Jays games, everyone just treats him like he is a fellow Jays junkie. May 26 and May 27 are the games I'm going to this month. Have some more planned for June and again in Aug.

I hope you enjoy the games. Classy fans that will let a star the level of Geddy Lee, in Canada, enjoy himself and the game.

:peace:

I hope you enjoy the games. Classy fans that will let a star the level of Geddy Lee, in Canada, enjoy himself and the game.

:peace:

Dude, I'm a Blue Jays junkie. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at Montreal Expos games, but as an adult it's been all Blue Jays since Montreal left town. I watch games by myself, with the family, doesn't matter. This is where my seats are located:

post-4074-0-40303500-1431606213_thumb.jp

With all that being said on MY part, about Baseball, Football and Hockey, I REALLY HOPE that the Baltimore orioles continue to lose and lose and end up in last place as is fit their usual history. The orioles are a one hit wonder (like last year) and will never be a dominant team like the Cardinals have been for the past 15 years.

Dude. Stop. Why do you give that much of a damn about the frickin' Orioles? They're in my team's division, and I don't care about them as much as you do.

Suddenly, the Nats look like they have gotten their shit together and only trail the Mets by 1.5 games. And the Mets offense has gone straight into the toilet these last few games with the Cubbies. I'm starting to sweat a little bit....

smiley-sad006.gif

Hello Paul!!! You might be sweating a little more on Monday when the Cardinals come to NYC for a 4 game series. I only know about the Mets from what I see on my phone (I know that sounds ridiculous but that is the way of technology in the year 2015 and beyond). Even if the Mets happen to win or sweep the series, I will not be too worried about that. So far as the season is still relatively early, who knows. But it could come down to the Mets and the Cardinals who may be in the position to face each other in the 2015 NLCS. As a Cardinals fan, I would like to see this instead of another Cardinals/Dodgers series. I know that a lot of people would love to see the Cardinals knocked out early and I am cool with that (especially Clayton Kershaw and the rest of the Dodger fans).

However, this coming Monday when MY team and Your team play ball, I will be at the American Airlines Center in downtown Dallas, Texas at the R40 Rush concert. As much as I love the Cardinals, I love RUSH as well and since RUSH concerts are soon to become more rare and rarer, I will be more focused on this for that day. Since you seem to be the most rational person who posts on this baseball topic, I am sure that you most definitely understand.

All right Rick and ebk...the Angels hit Camden Yards today for a three-game series against the Orioles.

Weaver vs. Chen tonight...with Weaver struggling I like the Os chances.

Saturday has two struggling pitchers, Shoemaker vs. Norris...that's a toss-up that the bullpens will end up deciding.

Sunday concludes with a possible pitchers duel Richards vs. Jimenez...I like the Angels to win this to avoid a possible sweep by Baltimore.

Archived