2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I did not see the game but the Saint Louis Cardinals were defeated by the Colorado Rockies by a score of 11-3. I do believe that this is the most runs the Cardinals have let another team score this season and is probably the biggest run deficit the Cardinals lost by (again this season). It took 58 games for Saint Louis to have lost 20 games. Not too bad in my book.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Mets got no-hit last night, so I can safely say I'm not sorry I missed that game on TV--The NL East as a whole is one of the worst divisions in baseball; Mets a mere 3 game over .500 and lead the division because the Nats are still underachieving and the rest of the division stinks.

Of course, there were those 2006 Cardinals who were 83-78 I believe and they won it all--so maybe there's hope for the team from Queens....

Well, I was going to pop in earlier and post of my Yankee-loathing and my disgust at the Nats as they coughed up the lead again.

But it seemed to work out...this time :)

It looks like the G-Men may broom my Mets--oi, I can only hope that the sorry ass Brewers can take a chunk out of the Nats and keep the Mets within striking distance of the division lead. It seems like there are a lot of teams this year playing down to their potential--dare I say that Detroit is one of those teams....

KICK ASS O'S!!!!! KICK ASS!!!!!! :toast:

I can understand your excitement for your team, the Orioles. They are currently on a 5 game winning streak. However, this current winning streak just puts them at the .500%. 30 wins along with 30 losses. Is this where you thought they would be at this juncture in the season? Just a mediocre and under-performing team that you assured the rest of us that were the team to beat and win the 2015 World Series? (Along with the 2014 World Series)?

As to regards to the Cards, They are the first team this 2015 season to reach and win 40 games. They are 19 games above the .500 mark. 40 wins and 21 losses. Pretty much where I expected them to be and they are also leading Major League Baseball with the most All-Star votes.

GO CARDINALS!!!

I can understand your excitement for your team, the Orioles. They are currently on a 5 game winning streak. However, this current winning streak just puts them at the .500%. 30 wins along with 30 losses. Is this where you thought they would be at this juncture in the season? Just a mediocre and under-performing team that you assured the rest of us that were the team to beat and win the 2015 World Series? (Along with the 2014 World Series)?

As to regards to the Cards, They are the first team this 2015 season to reach and win 40 games. They are 19 games above the .500 mark. 40 wins and 21 losses. Pretty much where I expected them to be and they are also leading Major League Baseball with the most All-Star votes.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Without Wieters and some other key guys, and without a true ace pitcher, our main problem, yes, I expected some trouble early on. i am hoping they go out and get a guy that is proven, and I had thought Bundy would have been there by now. But the young guys they have given a shot to have come through. I still believe we are the best team in the AL/ EAst on paper. But Buck has to make a move for a pitcher especially if Gonzalez, who has been our best is out for any length of time. "Tillman has been a disappointment to say the least. As for the Cardinals, who are rarely mentioned around here, a local radio guy praised them as being a classy organization for being able to win with all the hits they have taken including the loss of Wainright. I would have been more impressed with the win over KC if they had played a KC team that was playing well. For some reason they have had a ton of problems, including being swept at home by the Yankees. How does that happen?

As hot as the Blue Jays have been, they are still a measly 2 games over .500 & 2 games behind the Yanks--so yes, there is a ton of time left for the O's to get their shit together and take this mediocre division.

Mets have won 2 in a row & Washington continues to struggle--got to keep hope alive...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Btw, I'm trying not to be too concerned about Matt Harvey and his recent performances--every starting pitcher who's worth anything is susceptible to a bad night. I'm watching Quick Pitch now and I see King Felix got his ass handed to him by the Astros....

Oh My !! :bravo:

Turn up the sound and listen to that crack.

Hey Bong-Man! Don't you guys get Verlander back on the mound today? Guess he got tired of taking selfies with Kate Upshaw.

Things might be looking up in Detroit.

Hey Bong-Man! Don't you guys get Verlander back on the mound today? Guess he got tired of taking selfies with Kate Upshaw.

Things might be looking up in Detroit.

Yes, we do. Beats calling up a rookie, and takes Shane Greene out of the rotation, thank gawd. Poor guy was getting murdered out there. David Price is throwing like a man who wants a big payday. We'll be up and down all year, and I still say we fall just short.

smiley-angry002.gif

I don't trust your team any more Paul. No way. I am done with them. Orioles pouring it on again. and the Cubs are starting to play like I said they would at years start. My boys are climbing. We should use the money we saved on Cruz and go get a starter that is available. Maybe Hamels?

^^ As you can probably tell, I was more than a bit pissed that the Mets wasted a very good performance by deGrom today. I just peeked at the score of the O's game--apparently C.C. Sabathia got roughed up again. I guess Sabathia has yet to figure out how to pitch with less velocity....

I must say that I personally want to congratulate the Baltimore Orioles for being on a 6 game winning streak. They are now 1 game above the .500 mark. At least they are trying to turn all their previous losses around and make it better for themselves coming up to the 2015 All-Star Break. Many on this topic have stated that the season really comes down to how "their" team(s) do and play and win or lose after the All-Star Game. Basically the second half of the season, leading into the beginnings of who is leading their division and who is expected to win their division.

I say this as I hope that the very passionate ones who post on this topic and want their team(s) to make the playoffs are not despondent if their teams are not in the race or even in the contention of making the Post-Season this 2015 year. Luckily for Me, the Cardinals are and will always be in contention from this year and every year, even after I am long gone. Hopefully I will persist for another 40 years.

I say this in all sincerity... Good Luck to every fan of Baseball. I am curious to see how many Saint Louis Cardinals Players make the 2015 All-Star roster.

I must say that I personally want to congratulate the Baltimore Orioles for being on a 6 game winning streak. They are now 1 game above the .500 mark. At least they are trying to turn all their previous losses around and make it better for themselves coming up to the 2015 All-Star Break. Many on this topic have stated that the season really comes down to how "their" team(s) do and play and win or lose after the All-Star Game. Basically the second half of the season, leading into the beginnings of who is leading their division and who is expected to win their division.

I say this as I hope that the very passionate ones who post on this topic and want their team(s) to make the playoffs are not despondent if their teams are not in the race or even in the contention of making the Post-Season this 2015 year. Luckily for Me, the Cardinals are and will always be in contention from this year and every year, even after I am long gone. Hopefully I will persist for another 40 years.

I say this in all sincerity... Good Luck to every fan of Baseball. I am curious to see how many Saint Louis Cardinals Players make the 2015 All-Star roster.

To say your team is never going to have a bad year is just plain crazy. It happens to all teams. Teams lose their stars and have to rebuild. You do not realize the strides the Cubs are making as I predicted. They are starting to win and win often and even as good as your Cards have been early on, the Cubs are still in striking distance. Look out fella. They are coming. It might be this year? It might be next. But get ready. They are coming. Your injuries at some point may catch up with you. When you get into the post All Star portion of the season you could lose your momentum as we could. I am expecting the Orioles to make a move on the free agency to acquire another starter, especially if Miguel Gonzalez is out longer than anticipated. They have gone to their farr system and these kids have come up huge for us. Today I believe Wright will pitch and he is 2-1 with an ERA somewhere around 2. We might just sweep these damn Yankees? I hope. It would be nice and would speed up the inevitable of Baltimore reaching the summit. We are 6-1 since the return of Matt Wieters. Did I not say how huge he would be to us? Schoop will help too if he can return soon. Baltimore is not out of anything. Go O's!!!!

Well I have re cropped and resized my Orioles personal photo and it now works. I used the URL to do it as the direct upload no longer works for the same image I used before

Lets also not forget about those Dodgers. They have a great starting rotation and to me that makes them a dangerous team. If guys like Adrian Gonzalez can find their swagger in the autumn, look out for the Dodgers. I am cheering for the Dodgers and Cubbies in the NL. But my Orioles are in good shape right now. I hope the kid pitches well. i have little doubt we will have the place rocking again on the offensive side of things. Machado is on fire.

I'll be taking the little ladies to the ballpark in Arlington this afternoon. Got seats in the home run porch, 6th row. Hopefully Moreland or Gallo send one our way.

Hope you and your little ladies have a great day at the ballpark!

Archived