2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I guess that Rick will not be to much of a contributor to this topic much (or any) longer. His Baltimore Orioles have lost 9 out of the last 10 games and are now 11 games behind the Toronto Blue Jays in the American League East. I hate to say this but I have been saying this before the first pitch of this 2015 season and that is that I really believed that the Orioles playoff run last year was nothing more than a fluke and that the Baltimore Orioles were not/are not a very consistent baseball team year after year. Unlike the Saint Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals know how to win games and win games with consistent frequency. How else can you describe the Cardinals 84 wins and just 46 losses, so far?

One thing that he was somewhat correct about is the emergence of the Chicago Cubs this year. The Cubs are still a few years away from ever becoming the team of the National League Central. If that is ever possible as long as the Saint Louis Cardinals remain in that division.

GO CARDINALS!!!

GO RANGERS.

GO ASTROS...

Yes King, something is going on with the Orioles inside that I have no clue. They are far more talented than this as they showed last year. And lately its not pitching that is the big problem which makes it very strange. It will be interesting to see who is re signed and who is let go. That cheap owner I have no confidence in. He needs to make some big time moves, him and the GM and put us back on top. The Yankees may lose the division to Toronto. Who saw that coming in May even?

Toronto, for the last few years was always a team of potential that couldn't quite get the job done. 2015 seems to be a different story though....

I think the Astros have the magic this year in the AL. How about a Cubs vs Astros series? In Vegas they dread the Cubs winning. Big money is down on them.

What a way to go. Heckling A Rod in Atlanta, a Braves fan who understandably hates the Yankees and all they represent, fell to his death from the upper deck heckling A Rod who had the class to be in a moment of silence for the poor guy. When the Yankees play the Braves, sometimes its more than a game. It goes back to the old South vs the North. You may not agree, but its true

This is a direct quote from Yahoo Sports about the Saint Louis Cardinals:

"If the Cardinals play the rest of the season at .500, they’ll still win 100 games. Continue at this pace and they’ll finish 105-57, and they’ve got a legitimate shot to best the franchise-record of 106 victories. Which, considering the injuries to Adam Wainwright and Matt Adams and Matt Holliday and Randal Grichuk, is unfathomable. St. Louis’ schedule is a story of monsters and pushovers, with two series against the Pirates and Cubs buttressed by two facing the Reds and Brewers. Once the Cardinals get past the gauntlet of the next 10 days – Nationals, Pirates, Cubs at home – their remaining opponents’ combined winning percentage is .463. Come out of this homestand clean – and considering the Cardinals are 46-19 there, it’s well possible – and that 107 is within reach. It would put the Cardinals among the elite regular-season teams of all-time..."

How does that report sound to you, Rick? I know that if this was said about the Baltimore Orioles (this season or any season), you would not hesitate to post this and proudly proclaim the Orioles to be one of the elite regular-season teams of all-time. If you can (and did) brag about the Orioles early on in this 2015 MLB season about how they were the team to beat and win the 2015 World Series (before they fell rightly apart), then I feel that I can brag about the Cardinals and how They are the best team in Baseball. I am fully confident that the Saint Louis Cardinals will represent the National League in the World Series this year... and if They do not, I will still be a Proud and Loyal Saint Louis Cardinals fan to the very end.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

I hear some of those injured players could be back for the playoffs. Then what do they do? Mess with the current combination of players? Bottom line is they have to win the WS this year or they will be branded as the modern day Atlanta Braves - great in the regular season, losers in the playoffs. Winning when you're expected to win is a lot more pressure than just adding to your impressive list of wins in the regular season. It will be interesting. My father-in-law who is a life long, die hard, Cardinals fan thinks their bats are going to let them down going into the playoffs. We shall see.... Still a very impressive regular season record, that's for sure!

I would like to thank the Cardinals for stomping all over the Nats--now we need to stomp the Phillies tonight & with Harvey on the bump, I feel good about it....

Yes.  Two nice come from behind wins for Saint Louis.  That dude Scherzer is pitching tonight against the Cardinals.  I hope the Cardinals light him up. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals are currently 40 games above .500.  86 wins/46 losses.

By the way, and no offense Rick, the Baltimore Orioles are terrible this year.  They have lost like 6 or 7 games in a row.  Sorry, as we all know that you had high hopes and expectations from them.  (I don't even know if he reads this forum topic anymore). 

I know you and I don't agree on much, however, I will agree with on this. They will reign and "Reign Supreme".

I posted this way before the pre-season of the 2015 season even began.  I said that the Saint Louis Cardinals "will reign and Reign Supreme".  9 months later and MY predictions about the Cardinals have been "spot on".  Take that Rick and all the other "haters".  The StL. Cardinals have and will always dominate the National League Central as long as there is a National League Central to dominate.  (Again, I don't think that LedZeppfan77-Rick-even bothers to read and or post on this topic anymore.  I think that he is too embarrassed to be associated with Baseball this year because of his ridiculous posturing and boasting about how the Baltimore Orioles were going to be the best team in baseball this year and how they were a lock to win the 2015 World Series.  As of the current standings, the Orioles are 12 games behind the Toronto Blue Jays and not even mentioned when it comes down to the American League Wild Card).  Please read rick and reply what you want to say. 

Edited by kingzoso
This edit was because I was responding to a post made by strider way back last year. 2014. His quote does not appear in this post.

With just a month to go in the regular season, let us take a look at where things stand with regard to division races and playoff spots.

AL East: 1. Toronto 2. NY Yankees 1.5 Games Back

AL Central: 1. Kansas City 2. Minnesota 12 GB

AL West: 1. Houston 2. Texas 2 GB

AL WC: 1. NY 2. Texas 3. Minnesota 1 GB 4. Angels 3.5 GB 5. Tampa Bay 4.5 GB

NL East: 1. NY Mets 2. Washington 6.5 GB

NL Central: 1. St. Louis 2. Pittsburgh 6 GB

NL West: 1. L.A. 2. San Francisco 6.5 GB

NL WC: 1. Pittsburgh 2. Chicago Cubs 3. San Francisco 6.5 GB 4. Washington 8 GB

Let's start with the locks. The Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals have pretty much sewn up their divisions, especially Kansas City with a whopping 12 game lead over second-place Minnesota. It would take a collapse on the epic scale of the 1995 Angels for the Royals to miss the playoffs. As things sit, Kansas City will also be the #1 seed in the American League. Which doesn't mean doodly-squat lately.

St. Louis isn't as big a lock as Kansas City, as their lead over Pittsburgh is only six games. But Pittsburgh has a brutal schedule the rest of the season...more so than St. Louis. The Chicago Cubs, meanwhile, are 10.5 games back of the Cardinals and I do not see them making up that much ground in only a month. What seems more likely is that both the Pirates and Cubs get both NL Wild Card slots. 

Which means if the SF Giants and Washington Nats want to make the playoffs, they better get a move on and win their division. Unfortunately, they both have seemed to have taken two-steps back lately, especially the Giants. Was it really not that long ago that the Giants were within two games of the Dodgers? Now the deficit is more than 6 games after the recent Dodger sweep.

As for the American League, that is where the only close division races reside...the AL East and AL West both with 2 games or less separating the top two teams. The East will most certainly get two teams in the playoffs, with either Toronto or the Yankees winning the division, and the other team getting the #1 Wild Card slot. The West is an all-Texas battle between Houston and Arlington (Texas Rangers).

But unlike the NL Wild Card race, which is pretty much a two-team affair, the second AL Wild Card is up for grabs. Texas not only has the battle with Houston on its collective mind, but it also has to worry about Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay possibly creeping up behind and passing them. At six or more games back, Cleveland and Baltimore have two chances of catching the other teams...slim and none.

Edited by Strider

With just a month to go in the regular season, let us take a look at where things stand with regard to division races and playoff spots.

AL East: 1. Toronto 2. NY Yankees 1.5 Games Back

AL Central: 1. Kansas City 2. Minnesota 12 GB

AL West: 1. Houston 2. Texas 2 GB

AL WC: 1. NY 2. Texas 3. Minnesota 1 GB 4. Angels 3.5 GB 5. Tampa Bay 4.5 GB

NL East: 1. NY Mets 2. Washington 6.5 GB

NL Central: 1. St. Louis 2. Pittsburgh 6 GB

NL West: 1. L.A. 2. San Francisco 6.5 GB

NL WC: 1. Pittsburgh 2. Chicago Cubs 3. San Francisco 6.5 GB 4. Washington 8 GB

Let's start with the locks. The Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals have pretty much sewn up their divisions, especially Kansas City with a whopping 12 game lead over second-place Minnesota. It would take a collapse on the epic scale of the 1995 Angels for the Royals to miss the playoffs. As things sit, Kansas City will also be the #1 seed in the American League. Which doesn't mean doodly-squat lately.

St. Louis isn't as big a lock as Kansas City, as their lead over Pittsburgh is only six games. But Pittsburgh has a brutal schedule the rest of the season...more so than St. Louis. The Chicago Cubs, meanwhile, are 10.5 games back of the Cardinals and I do not see them making up that much ground in only a month. What seems more likely is that both the Pirates and Cubs get both NL Wild Card slots. 

Which means if the SF Giants and Washington Nats want to make the playoffs, they better get a move on and win their division. Unfortunately, they both have seemed to have taken two-steps back lately, especially the Giants. Was it really not that long ago that the Giants were within two games of the Dodgers? Now the deficit is more than 6 games after the recent Dodger sweep.

As for the American League, that is where the only close division races reside...the AL East and AL West both with 2 games or less separating the top two teams. The East will most certainly get two teams in the playoffs, with either Toronto or the Yankees winning the division, and the other team getting the #1 Wild Card slot. The West is an all-Texas battle between Houston and Arlington (Texas Rangers).

But unlike the NL Wild Card race, which is pretty much a two-team affair, the second AL Wild Card is up for grabs. Texas not only has the battle with Houston on its collective mind, but it also has to worry about Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay possibly creeping up behind and passing them. At six or more games back, Cleveland and Baltimore have two chances of catching the other teams,,,slim and none.

Nice analysis and post. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals were soundly defeated last night against their division rivals, the Pittsburgh Pirates.  Pirates 9 - 3 Cardinals.  Another game against these two in the afternoon.  I am not worried at all even if the Cardinals do not when this series.  It does mean that the Pirates gain some ground on StL. but the Cardinals always do what They do best and that is win games when They need to win games.  Am I the only person on this topic that is not only amazed at how great the Cardinals are winning (even when they lose) that the Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals are going to make the Post-Season for the 5th time in 5 years?  Even if anyone happens to dislike the Cardinals, that is a very impressive feat. 

Rick, are you receiving this?  The Baltimore Orioles have to win 4 games just to break even.  .500. 

The Cardinals have to lose 38 games for them to break even and we all know that that will never happen because there is not 38 games left in the regular season.  

A real and True Baseball would (and should) never abandon Their favorite team.  Regardless of what they happened to do in the season.  You seem to have abandoned the Orioles once you realized that they were a joke of a team this year.  I can't wait to read about what you post about the same ole inept Orioles come the 2016 MLB season.  Are the Orioles once again the team to beat next year even though they may have a losing record this year? 

Remember, a No Comment is More Incriminating than A Comment...

Switch allegiances and you will not be disappointed year after year, decade after decade.

Edited by kingzoso