2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Leave it to the Angels to give me a little hope and snooker me in to thinking they might have a playoff shot...only to cruely snuff those hopes out with another collapse against the Dodgers. After being swept earlier this season at Dodger Stadium (one game of which I attended), I was looking forward to some manner of revenge when the Freeway Series resumed this week at Angel Stadium. Especially after taking 2 of 3 versus the Texas Rangers with a 7-0 pasting on Sunday.

But no...Cinderella has turned into a pumpkin again. Angels are now on the verge of being swept again by the Dodgers. Once again, the Angels come up short when they play the division leading teams.

This is truly the end of the season for me. I'm hanging up my Angels cap and turning my attention to football and the US Open.

I'd like to see a Royals-Pirates World Series. Or the Blue Jays against the Mets or Dodgers. Get some new blood in there...somebody other than the Yankees, Giants and the Cardinals. :P

Edited by Strider

I was just looking at the standings--Rangers only a game back in the AL West. That should be a fun race to watch down the stretch.

And--as far as the Angels go--will this finally be the end of Mike Scioscia? Sean, I know you've wanted him gone for a few years now, but dude seems to be made of teflon...

I was just looking at the standings--Rangers only a game back in the AL West. That should be a fun race to watch down the stretch.

And--as far as the Angels go--will this finally be the end of Mike Scioscia? Sean, I know you've wanted him gone for a few years now, but dude seems to be made of teflon...

Yes he does. Maybe he has the goods on Arte Moreno? Who knows? But the time has come for him to be gone. His players don't play for him anymore...there's no chemistry on this team, unlike the 2002 team.

Worse, as he has become more involved in personnel decisions, the Angels have gotten worse and become bloated with bad contracts that they will be paying for years. Once again, if you have one man who is essentially both GM and coach then it is bad news for your team. Time and time again, it has been proven a recipe for disaster for sports teams.

Edited by Strider

Bottom of the 9th and the Cubs will probably win, however, no ass whipping as the Cardinals came back and scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 7th. 

I thought that this was the year of the Orioles?  What are your excuses from them being 2015 World Series Champions to being in last place in the American League East? 

Who are these Cubs?  The real deal say I.  What a job in one year!  They deserve a winner there.  I will cheer for them and the Dodgers and if they play each other must go Cubs.  Maybe an Astro's vs Cubs series is in the cards?  Its certainly possible and they are playing better than anyone.

Well, looking ahead a bit, if the Mets do make the playoffs, I would definitely have deGrom penciled in as the Game 1 starter. And that's not to say I have lost any confidence in Harvey--he had a bad game last night, but every starter worth anything has an off night every now and then.

I'm already satisfied with the results of this series--I said we needed to take 2, and now we're looking for the sweep...

You should listen to the open of Mr. Tony's show today.  Epic rant!

http://thispodcaststinks.libsyn.com/tk50909

Who are these Cubs?  The real deal say I.  What a job in one year!  They deserve a winner there.  I will cheer for them and the Dodgers and if they play each other must go Cubs.  Maybe an Astro's vs Cubs series is in the cards?  Its certainly possible and they are playing better than anyone.

Great come from behind win for the Saint Louis Cardinals over the Chicago Cubs. 

I will admit that the Cubs have done a lot this year but, as someone once said, as long as the Cardinals are in the National League Central, the Cardinals are always going to be the team to beat.  I have heard the same thing from almost every baseball analyst on the MLB Network.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Great come from behind win for the Saint Louis Cardinals over the Chicago Cubs. 

I will admit that the Cubs have done a lot this year but, as someone once said, as long as the Cardinals are in the National League Central, the Cardinals are always going to be the team to beat.  I have heard the same thing from almost every baseball analyst on the MLB Network.

GO CARDINALS!!!

You have not heard the last of the Cubs pal.  All the pressure is on your team.  Mets at Nats and that has to be a must win for Wash?

The way the Saint Louis Cardinals are playing and winning games when they have to win, it will come as no surprise if the Cardinals make it to the 2015 National League Championship Series for the fifth (5th) year in a row.  Everyone who posts on this topic and have their favorite teams to cheer and boast about, think of what I just typed.  Making it and going to the NLCS for the 5th straight year.  From the year 2011 to the current year of 2015.  Now that is an accomplishment that does not happen very often. 

I am a Firm, Solid and Loyal Fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals (ever since I was about 12 years old), and I will say that I think that the Saint Louis Cardinals are the best and most consistent winning team in Baseball, but if things change and the Cardinals are beaten and fail to make it to the 2015 World Series, I will be a little bit sad, but My Loyalty will never waiver and I know that the Saint Louis Cardinals will come back with a vengeance next year. 

However, I do not think that They will lose and will be the 2015 World Series Champions, regardless of who They play. 

The Orioles are not in dire straights because they lost Cruz. They still have Davis. And they have three all stars returning to the lineup you moron

Who is the moron now?  The Orioles are in last place and one of the worst teams in all of baseball.  Look at the date of your post.  If you want to go one on one, I am ready to repost your posts about how the Orioles are going to win the 2015 World Series.  You ready? 

I will start with this:  this is actually fun to watch.  The Baltimore Orioles being utterly humiliated by the Texas Rangers who plated 30 runs against a usually sorry Baltimore team.  This could have easily happened yesterday, the way the sorryoles are playing. 

Edited by kingzoso

You should listen to the open of Mr. Tony's show today.  Epic rant!

http://thispodcaststinks.libsyn.com/tk50909

That was fantastic radio...what great fun listening while finishing up work and drinking some beer. But I have to say I feel bad both of your local teams aren't going to give you the chance to watch playoff baseball, ebk.

Great article in Thursdays USA TODAY Sports Section on Saint Louis Cardinals catcher, Yadier Molina.  Some people quoted in said article are saying that Yadi might be the Greatest Baseball Catcher of All-Time.  Might Be.  It also mentions that the overall best catcher is Johnny Bench.  Still that says a lot when Yadier Molina is mentioned in the same sentence as a baseball legend like Johnny Bench. 

By the way, the Cardinals were demolished last night by the lowly Reds.  11-0.  Baffling. 

I don't know what the heck is going on in Tigertown these days but I sure don't like it.  I have no love for Ausmus, but you don' t hang people out to dry like they're doing.  Fire him or shut up until the season is over.....pure bush from upper management, which makes me think Mr. Illitch might be mentally out of the picture.  

Hoping my Jays keep moving in the right direction. They are playing well against the Yankees so far

An impressive stretch drive for the Jays, and the Yankees' roster age and starting pitching are showing all the cracks. How does Mr. Glassbones Texiera have a broken leg for 2 weeks, and their medical staff didn't know it?

Bryce Harper and "Where's my ring" idiotic comment (before any 2015 Baseball game was even played), has to go down in MLB History as one of the most presumptuous comments of all-time.  I don't care how good a player he is, for him to assume that the Nationals were going to win the 2015 World Series just because the Nationals way over paid a pitcher $210 million.  His current record in his first year with the Nationals is 11 wins and 11 losses.  I am glad that the Nationals spend millions of dollars on players over a long period of time and it still does not make them any or a better team.  If I were a Nationals fan (which I am not and will never be), I would be very pissed.  In My opinion the Washington Nationals are another Joke of a team.  Just like the Baltimore Orioles are a joke of a team in the American League East. 

Hmmm, I'm thinking about the somewhat lackluster baseball game on ESPN tonight--maybe ESPN suspects that the Cowboys/Giants game will crush them in the ratings tonight....

Hey now! I take personal offense to that ;)

Although you will note that I exchanged my tickets for today for...other games... :)