2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

How about them Mets?  Over the past few years the Mets have not really made any real noise in the National League.  It seems they are making up for a lot of lost years.  The real question is:  do they have what it takes to win against tried and true and proven Championship Teams such as the Saint Louis Cardinals? 

I think that more recent experience in the National League (in the past 4 years) has got to be in favor of the Cardinals.  I mean, come on, 4 years and 4 consecutive National League trips to NLCS has to mean that experience and regularity surely plays a part in such success. 

The way things are shaping up now, it would be the Mets against the Dodgers in the first round of the playoffs--and given the Dodgers recent history in the postseason, I wouldn't sweat them too much. But on the flipside, if Harvey was taken out of the rotation in October, then I would be a little less confident.

I think the Mets have the pitching and the offense to beat whoever they face in the postseason....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Well we are not going to make it but we proved again last night we have a very good lineup taking apart KC again and on national TV.  The O's need a couple starting pitchers they can depend on. But I do not know what we are going to look like when the dust settles.  They are saying Davis will  be offered a monster contract somewhere.  Wieters also I presume.  And Chen.  Not sure if this brass of ours is willing to pony up the money to keep certain guys.  I sure hope they pay Davis and Wieters to stay.  They have the money for God's sake.  But I do not trust them.  I think a Mets vs Dodgers playoff might be closer than many expect but I have to pick the Dodgers in that one. The Cubs are sleepers.  They could beat anyone in a short series.  Go Cubs.  Win one for the Late great Carey.  AL?   Keichel to me will get Houston game one vs any team.  I am picking Houston vs KC and will cheer for Houston to beat the dirty Royals who I hate

Thank you Walter, but I'm still holding my breath a bit thinking the Nats may have one more good run in them to try and chase down the Mets--maybe I'm too nervous anticipating the worst, but as I said before, I won't be able to really relax until the division is clinched...

The Nats are worm food (sorry ebk)...done. Just how do you expect them to make a charge with no bullpen and no defense?

Start saving money for those playoff tickets, Paul!

Thank you Walter, but I'm still holding my breath a bit thinking the Nats may have one more good run in them to try and chase down the Mets--maybe I'm too nervous anticipating the worst, but as I said before, I won't be able to really relax until the division is clinched...

Same here Paul,  I've been a Mets fan too long to take even a 9 1/2 game lead for granted (although I must admit it's starting to look pretty darn good).

Unfortunately I won't be going to any of the playoff games- I had entered for a chance to purchase postseason tix on the Mets website and was informed today that sadly my entry wasn't selected... unless of course I purchased a 2016 season plan then I would be guaranteed playoff tix.

The Nats are worm food (sorry ebk)...done. Just how do you expect them to make a charge with no bullpen and no defense?

Start saving money for those playoff tickets, Paul!

It's okay by me.  There no love lost here for the Nats.  The O's, otoh, are still breaking my heart.

Same here Paul,  I've been a Mets fan too long to take even a 9 1/2 game lead for granted (although I must admit it's starting to look pretty darn good).

Unfortunately I won't be going to any of the playoff games- I had entered for a chance to purchase postseason tix on the Mets website and was informed today that sadly my entry wasn't selected... unless of course I purchased a 2016 season plan then I would be guaranteed playoff tix.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that, Stargroves.

It's okay by me.  There no love lost here for the Nats.  The O's, otoh, are still breaking my heart.

You're so understanding. Shanah Tovah!

A win would have been nice last night, but we are still only a game and a half back with 7 remaining vs Houston.

Really nice weather, mid 70's, we had seats right by the Rangers pen. Drinking Shiner Ruby Red. :beer:

0912151957.jpg

Great shots as usual, zepscoda. The last photo prompts two questions: 1. You ever catch any home run balls out there? 2. Is the beer really a ruby red colour?

Great win by your Rangers tonight! Only a half-game back now.

Edited by Strider

Nationals suck!!!!  I lay a run vs stinking Phillies and they are going to fuck me

I am glad that the Nationals Suck.  Any obnoxious player such as Bryce Harper who declares, "Where is my ring" before a (2015) game is even played deserves to be mock and lambasted for the rest of his baseball career.  And Max (whatever his last name is), is just another so-called big name pitcher who under-performed as usual.  $210 million over 7 years is a joke.  In a year or two, the Nationals will be so eager and willing to trade him to another team.  He will not last 7 years as a Nationals pitcher.  Mark My words. 

Same with the Baltimore Orioles.  They also Suck.  They are and will always be a very inconsistent baseball team.  Decent one year, terrible the next 5 years.  I think that the 2014 American League manager of the year, Buck something, will be summarily relieved of his duties as the Orioles manager. 

Talking out of your ass again I see.  This year had not gone great but we have been winning again and we have 5 gold gloves and some all stars on this team.  Things dont work out  all the time but we are a good team.  I do not know what free agency brings.  But I am hoping that the owner who I detest does come through for the fans.  You are just a bag of wind.  Your team has not won yet.  I hope the Cubs demolish their sorry ass's

I am glad that the Nationals Suck.  Any obnoxious player such as Bryce Harper who declares, "Where is my ring" before a (2015) game is even played deserves to be mock and lambasted for the rest of his baseball career.  And Max (whatever his last name is), is just another so-called big name pitcher who under-performed as usual.  $210 million over 7 years is a joke.  In a year or two, the Nationals will be so eager and willing to trade him to another team.  He will not last 7 years as a Nationals pitcher.  Mark My words. 

Same with the Baltimore Orioles.  They also Suck.  They are and will always be a very inconsistent baseball team.  Decent one year, terrible the next 5 years.  I think that the 2014 American League manager of the year, Buck something, will be sYou ummarily relieved of his duties as the Orioles manager. You

Great shots as usual, zepscoda. The last photo prompts two questions: 1. You ever catch any home run balls out there? 2. Is the beer really a ruby red colour?

Great win by your Rangers tonight! Only a half-game back now.

Never caught any balls out there...and Im not really sure of the color...so far I've just had it in a can, I don't think it has any pinkish hue to it. But it does have a subtle refreshing taste of Ruby Red.

Great game last night, the next 3 should be just as good.

At least for tonight, the Rangers are in 1st place in the AL West!

I congratulate the Texas Rangers for winning and over-coming such odds and longshots to be where they are.  As zepscoda so eloquently put it:  the Texas Rangers are in 1st place in the AL West.  Being a natural born Texan (Galveston Island), I will admit that I am somewhat conflicted as I grew up a Houston Astros fan, but now currently live about 30 miles from Arlington, Texas. 

Regardless of this, I would not be at all disappointed if the 2015 World Series was between the Saint Louis Cardinals and/or the Houston Astros or the Texas Rangers. 

Granted, the Saint Louis Cardinals would ultimately defeat either team. 

I would also like to Congratulate the "Mighty" Cardinals for being the First Team to win 90 games this season. 

Edited by kingzoso

What a fucking lame post by King Shitso!!? saying the Cubs will go no where this year or in next few!  Shows how ignorant you can be!  They have made enormous gains this year and I would not be shocked if they got to the Series.  My boys can sweep Boston tonight.  A team that was on fire.  It's much to ask but could they pull off a miracle like Earls Orioles did by winning 28 of 32 to get in?  Probably not but they have at least kept it interesting.  That one 15 game stretch may be our undoing

What a fucking lame post by King Shitso!!? saying the Cubs will go no where this year or in next few!  Shows how ignorant you can be!  They have made enormous gains this year and I would not be shocked if they got to the Series.  My boys can sweep Boston tonight.  A team that was on fire.  It's much to ask but could they pull off a miracle like Earls Orioles did by winning 28 of 32 to get in?  Probably not but they have at least kept it interesting.  That one 15 game stretch may be our undoing

I can realize and understand your anger and frustration because your team, the Baltimore Orioles, are one of the worst teams in baseball this year.  Even though you proudly and loudly proclaimed them to be the team to beat in the American League East this year.  What happened?

What happened is that the Orioles are not a consistent baseball team.  Am I wrong in My assessment?  I said the same thing during Spring Training.  The Baltimore Orioles were not going to go anywhere this 2015 season.  If I am wrong, please elaborate on why you think that I am wrong?  The Orioles current record just reiterates what I am typing.  71 wins and 74 losses.  12 games behind Toronto. 

Meanwhile, the Saint Louis Cardinals' current record stands at 91 wins and 54 losses.  What snippy retort do you have for that? 

By the way, I am 44 years of age and you are at least 20 years older than I am, so why do you insist on calling me bad names in this topic?  I would think that a man of your age would have been past the name-calling around the age that I am?  Just because your favorite Baseball team sucks and My favorite Baseball team is the Best Team (at least with the Best Record) in Baseball does not mean that you have to lowly resort to calling me bad names.  Come on, dude, grow up (or older).