2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Angeles really making a push, I'd feel sorry for Astros fans if their team falls totally out of it.

2015-09-20-09-20-47-1.png

The Angels are trying to rope me back in and stoke my hopes but to what end? Let's say they sweep this series with the Astros and position themselves for the second wild card. Judging from their play, it is still a long shot they get past the Royals or the Yankees in the first round.

I fear all this late-season push by the Angels does is save Scioscia's job. That's not what I want. Fire Scioscia and bring in Joe Maddon! We had him once and foolishly let him get away.

^ I will do as everyone else here, scroll past the repetitive boasting, and "don't feed the troll" - as they say. Unless of course, it's good old Cornelius. That I can't resist.

You can call Me all the inane names you want, it has no effect on Me.  I don't know or care who your favorite baseball team is but if whatever team that happens to be and they were winning like the Saint Louis Cardinals are and already have a spot in the 2015 Post-Season, I am fairly confident that you would be "boasting" about your team. 

Edited by kingzoso

The Angels are trying to rope me back in and stoke my hopes but to what end?

That end is nothing.  Mock Me all you want but this is a baseball topic that you started.  Just because you dislike Me for whatever reasons, again, this is about baseball and that includes the Saint Louis Cardinals and how They have been the Best Team in all of the Major Leagues since Spring Training.  I suggest that in the future if you feel the need to start a topic then be ready for any and all posts that you may agree or disagree with.  There is no reason for name-calling or inane, idiotic, etc... comments just because your team again fails to make the Post-Season. 

I would think that a man in his late 60's would have a bit more intelligence to what he posts on a Led Zeppelin forum, a forum really devoted to Led Zeppelin and not a forum devoted to politics or baseball, but about the Mighty Led Zeppelin. 

Edited by kingzoso

The Orioles are not in dire straights because they lost Cruz. They still have Davis. And they have three all stars returning to the lineup you moron

Would you now concede that the Orioles are in dire straits now?  The Baltimore Orioles suck this year regardless of three all stars returning to the lineup up you moron. 

Edited by kingzoso

Hey Esther. We are going to murder the East again. This time get it done in the playoffs. I have no doubt. O's vs Cubs series. Go O's

How about getting murdered in the East again.  Not even making it to the playoffs this 2015 season.  What do you have to say about your post from way back when?  Anything?

The Cardinals, Cubs, Pirates, and Mets all won yesterday. All seem to be on course for the postseason. But ferchrissakes Paul, what the Mets are doing with Matt Harvey is bonkers. The other day Harvey pitches brilliantly against the Yankees for five innings and then the Mets pull him...after only 77 pitches! The Mets promptly melt down and the Yankees come back to win. This is no way to win a pennant race. If I was a Mets fan I would be apoplectic.

There is no reason for name-calling or inane, idiotic, etc... comments 

The Baltimore Orioles suck this year regardless of three all stars returning to the lineup up you moron. 

Hahaha, where'd you guys find him

This is supremely amusing... and I don't give two flying fucks about baseball!

:munchies:

The Cardinals, Cubs, Pirates, and Mets all won yesterday. All seem to be on course for the postseason. But ferchrissakes Paul, what the Mets are doing with Matt Harvey is bonkers. The other day Harvey pitches brilliantly against the Yankees for five innings and then the Mets pull him...after only 77 pitches! The Mets promptly melt down and the Yankees come back to win. This is no way to win a pennant race. If I was a Mets fan I would be apoplectic.

I think it's all about the dreaded "innings limit" I've mentioned before and Harvey's agent and Mets management trying to "preserve" his arm for the future. Of course, I think it's horseshit and the Mets have an opportunity that may not come every year--that is, going to the playoffs and possibly winning a World Title.

I may just have to throw up my hands about the whole situation & hope this doesn't come back to bite the Mets right on the ass...

Edited by paul carruthers

^^^Stargroves for sure, 'cause Tangie is a Mets fan. 

Rick, I am not worried about the Mets losing their division lead...that is safe. I am talking about when you get into the NLDS and NLCS. Are the Mets going to pull Harvey after five innings in game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals?

Scott Boras is a virus that needs to be wiped out.

, I am not worried about the Mets losing their division lead...that is safe. I am talking about when you get into the NLDS and NLCS. Are the Mets going to pull Harvey after five innings in game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals?

Scott Boras is a virus that needs to be wiped out.

They played a rant from NY radio about this on the local talk.

Man,the NY fans will burn the stadium down if this happens in the playoffs!!!

How about them Red Sox?:P

They played a rant from NY radio about this on the local talk.

Man,the NY fans will burn the stadium down if this happens in the playoffs!!!

How about them Red Sox?:P

KB, I don't suppose you have a link to that rant? I could use a good laugh...

^^^The series was supposed to start last night, remember? ebk went and all she got was a Coolidge bobblehead doll...no game.

^^^Strider abiout 1:38 in Jon Heyman on the Matt Harvey Saga in New York

http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/all-wbz-fm-audio/

Grazie, KB.

Edited by Strider

Orioles at Nats starting tonight--hopefully the O's can take a bite out of the Nats.

ebk, you attending any of these games?

What Strider said :)

Although I also got 2 beers and a chicken biscuit.  And spent a lovely evening out with my husband and friend.

Do you honestly think the Mets will blow this 6.5 game lead?  I say no way.  Paul is the only one that picked them and the rest of us look like monkeys.  

^ I still believe the Mets can win their division, Paul - in spite of the Wheeler setback. They've looked very good this spring, all around. The middle of their hitting lineup might take a lot of teams by surprise. And if Cornelius isn't picking them, then they're a lock...

Posted by: jimmie ray  3/30/2015