2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Looks like NY may finally be taking advantage of the Nats sudden misfortune this week. 6-3 last time I checked the score. I'm not sure what the magic number is, but I can't really relax until the Mets finally clinch the East...

CPtEzgDWwAA_UAv.thumb.png.fc4dd1bfeabc30

Edited by Strider

Looks like NY may finally be taking advantage of the Nats sudden misfortune this week. 6-3 last time I checked the score. I'm not sure what the magic number is, but I can't really relax until the Mets finally clinch the East...

Its called my Orioles beat the dickens out of them and they played dirty at times.  Your are welcome. And the Orioles are far from being even close to one of the worst teams as one Kingshitso says.  They are actually back in the Wild Card race.  I know its an uphill battle.  but Earl Weaver did it by winning 28 of final 32 games one year back in the day.  We have to likely go into Boston and clobber them.  Do able.  Chen will beat them tomorrow.  Kick ass boys.  Just do what Earl used to say.  Time for another one game winning streak.  

Bumfucker pitching, and they are outhitting them 13-3 and only up 4-3.  3-0 to leadoff batter.  Yikes

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Since the Mets won last night and the Nats lost (thank you O's!!!) the magic number is now 3

Yes, I thank the O's for putting the broom to the Nationals--now the Mets must focus on handling their own business, because the Nats have what may be the worst team in baseball coming to their house.

If we could sweep Boston who knows?  I love our chances today with Gausman.  Imagine the O's sneaking in and the Cubs going to the series.   Ha.  No posts from Mr C

Edited by LedZeppfan77

With the Giants loss tonight, San Francisco is now seven games behind the Dodgers. With the iffy bullpen of the Dodgers, catching them remains feasible, I suppose.

But if SF survives the Wild Card game, the Giants will then have to face the #1 seed St. Louis Cardinals....and Bumgarner would only be available for one game. A completely different scenario than last year.

SF seems to be playing like they don't care.

If we could sweep Boston who knows?  I love our chances today with Gausman.  Imagine the O's sneaking in and the Cubs going to the series.   Ha.  No posts from Mr C

I know and realize that you love your team, just as I do, but the chances of that happening this year (actually in the next couple of weeks) is not going to happen.  The Chicago Cubs are about to clinch a Post-Season spot, but the Orioles will not.  They are 76-77.  Not even at the .500 level.  How can a team with a record of under .500 make it to the Post-Season?  And then come back to win against a National League team that will have at least a 100+ wins this 2015 season?  

Maybe next year but the Baltimore Orioles have been saying, "maybe next year", since 1983.  32 years ago.  Just three short years after John Bonham's sudden and unexpected death. 

There have been more Led Zeppelin "Reunions" in the past 32 years then there have been Baltimore Orioles World Series appearances in that same time period.  I will not even bother to say how many the Saint Louis Cardinals have made in that same 32 year period.  Won or Lost. 

And by the Fucking Way, you fucking Idiot, My handle on this site is KingZoso and not Shitzoso.  How old are you and how fucking ignorant can you really be? 

Edited by kingzoso

It says something about the strength of a division when the first three teams in the league to qualify for the playoffs all come from the same division. With the Cardinals, Pirates, and the Cubs all clinching the playoffs, the NL Central is clearly the class of the majors. In fact, it is kind of unfair that the Cubs and Pirates have to play a one-game playoff with each other, as both teams have better records than any other division leader. MLB should just go to a straight #1-5 seeding format like the NBA is doing. Why should two of the strongest teams be knocked out so early?

The Astros continue to freefall and give life to the Angels, who are now only a 1/2 game back of the 2nd Wild Card spot. I don't know if the pressure of trying to make the postseason is why Houston is crumbling this month, but it makes for interesting viewing...

Mets magic number down to 1--let's get it done boys....

Edited by paul carruthers

I know and realize that you love your team, just as I do, but the chances of that happening this year (actually in the next couple of weeks) is not going to happen.  The Chicago Cubs are about to clinch a Post-Season spot, but the Orioles will not.  They are 76-77.  Not even at the .500 level.  How can a team with a record of under .500 make it to the Post-Season?  And then come back to win against a National League team that will have at least a 100+ wins this 2015 season?  

Maybe next year but the Baltimore Orioles have been saying, "maybe next year", since 1983.  32 years ago.  Just three short years after John Bonham's sudden and unexpected death. 

There have been more Led Zeppelin "Reunions" in the past 32 years then there have been Baltimore Orioles World Series appearances in that same time period.  I will not even bother to say how many the Saint Louis Cardinals have made in that same 32 year period.  Won or Lost. 

And by the Fucking Way, you fucking Idiot, My handle on this site is KingZoso and not Shitzoso.  How old are you and how fucking ignorant can you really be? 

You are too stupid to see what is right in front of you.  Tone down the name calling or you will be reported

:yay:

Well, technically we are still officially three outs away, but David Wright just smacked a 3-rum bomb to seal the inevitable.

Stargroves, we did it--the Mets are the NL East Division champs. :cheer:

And let me just add, that going into the October postseason, I have no fear of the LA Dodgers. And I'll try to refrain from making any remarks about Bryce Harper and the Nationals as a whole--except to say, go back to Bryce's comments before the season started and look at the standings now...  :P

We Are the Champions!!!

:party:

Terry Collins for NL Manager of the Year....

Edited by paul carruthers

Congratulations Paul and Stargroves! It's been a long time for Metropolitan fans! Mr. Met gets to work in October again! :D

I know it might be tough for Paul to get to a game from Florida but hopefully Stargroves gets to go to a playoff game.

Edited by Strider

:yay:

Well, technically we are still officially three outs away, but David Wright just smacked a 3-rum bomb to seal the inevitable.

Stargroves, we did it--the Mets are the NL East Division champs. :cheer:

And let me just add, that going into the October postseason, I have no fear of the LA Dodgers. And I'll try to refrain from making any remarks about Bryce Harper and the Nationals as a whole--except to say, go back to Bryce's comments before the season started and look at the standings now...  :P

We Are the Champions!!!

:party:

Terry Collins for NL Manager of the Year....

Just loved watching the guys in the clubhouse after the game, so excited for them they really deserve it! I thought it was so nice that after a little celebrating in the clubhouse, they all went outside to the field & were high fiving a whole bunch of Mets fans who were at the game!

Congratulations Paul and Stargroves! It's been a long time for Metropolitan fans! Mr. Met gets to work in October again! :D

I know it might be tough for Paul to get to a game from Florida but hopefully Stargroves gets to go to a playoff game.

Thanks Strider! Unfortunately my entry in the playoff ticket lottery wasn't selected so I'll only be watching on tv .

Just loved watching the guys in the clubhouse after the game, so excited for them they really deserve it! I thought it was so nice that after a little celebrating in the clubhouse, they all went outside to the field & were high fiving a whole bunch of Mets fans who were at the game!

Thanks Strider! Unfortunately my entry in the playoff ticket lottery wasn't selected so I'll only be watching on tv .

No chance on Stub Hub or the secondary market?

Forgot to mention jimmie ray in my last message--the Mets are in the tournament...  :yes2:

Cool. Hope their hitting picks up again, like today, going in with all cylinders firing. And they can still pitch Harvey 3 more innings, without going over that red line in the sand. But any of the teams in the NL Central will be strong opposition - that is something to have 3 of them make it, having to play each other so many times in the season.

I would like to congratulate the New York Mets on winning their division.  Better them than the over-hyped Washington Nationals.  I think that it is very fitting that a player like Bryce Harper deserves to not make it to the Post-Season this year because of his inane and equally stupid quote of saying "Where's my ring" upon hearing that the Nationals had just acquired (and way overpaid) Max Scherzer during the off season.  I really hope that someone reminds him of what a stupid and idiotic thing that is to say before a game is even played.  Anyone with that kind of stupid and ignorant audacity to say that deserves to be mocked and ridiculed for the rest of his life.  I hope that he never ever makes it to a World Series. 

Good Luck to the Mets and GO CARDINALS!!!

No chance on Stub Hub or the secondary market?

This.  There are always tickets on StubHub...just depends on how much it's worth to you.

As someone on the TK board said, Mrs. Met is getting laid tonight!  :D

Congrats paul and Stargroves!! 

You are too stupid to see what is right in front of you.  Tone down the name calling or you will be reported

Do I have to scour this baseball topic to show and prove to You how many times that You have called ME a "fucking idiot" or a "fucking moron"  a "fucking jack arse" since this topic began last December?  Really?  Because I will.  Quickly and off hand, I would say that You called ME these (and other) names at least 25 times.  Probably way more then that.  When you are not calling ME names, You are disparaging ME in other ways.  Such as referring to ME as kingshitso, and other STUPID names. 

I am only rising to your level when I say such things.  I am willing to end this and never like to resort to such a level, but You do it so I believe I have a right to do it and too defend Myself. 

Report ME, Report YOU!!!

I think that I will take the time to look over every single post on this topic and really count how many times that YOU, LedZeppfan77, called ME bad and ignorant names.  I would not be surprised if it was over double the 25 I quoted.  Probably 50+. 

Back to the subject:  GO CARDINALS!!!