2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Thanks Walter, Paul & ebk - this will be my first spring training game ever & very much looking forward to it!

Yankees spring stadium is very cool! Been there a number of times. They have monument park out front, practice fields to the side, gift shop before you enter the "stadium", the park has everything from Outback Steakhouse food to kosher dogs, and soft serve ice cream. It's not cheap there. Parking is at least 10, across the highway next to Raymond James Stadium, and the beers/food is one the highest costs for spring training. But it's comfortable and not a bad seat in the house. I hope you have a great time!

Looks like another long baseball season for Rangers fans...

"The Texas Rangers received bad news on the condition of ace Yu Darvish. After leaving his first spring start on Thursday with tightness in his right arm, Darvish was examined and diagnosed with a sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow. Dreaded words for a pitcher, because the next step is almost always a decision between Tommy John surgery or attempting to rest and rehab with the understanding that Tommy John surgery could still be needed down the road."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/rangers-in-tough-position-if-yu-darvish-needs-tommy-john-surgery-171207096.html;_ylt=A0LEVwi4QftUxnkAHjtx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTE0dTc2bW8yBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDUFJEVVMwMV8xBHNlYwNzYw--

What is with these rash of "Tommy John" surgeries we've seen over the last several years? Not sure if there's anything that can be done to stop the epidemic either--I think nearly every ballclub tries to do something to preserve the arms of their pitchers, what with pitch counts and innings limits & all the other routines ballplayers go through. Maybe it's just one of those things that comes along in baseball for a period of time & will go away by itself--one can only hope...

What is with these rash of "Tommy John" surgeries we've seen over the last several years? Not sure if there's anything that can be done to stop the epidemic either--I think nearly every ballclub tries to do something to preserve the arms of their pitchers, what with pitch counts and innings limits & all the other routines ballplayers go through. Maybe it's just one of those things that comes along in baseball for a period of time & will go away by itself--one can only hope...

Not just pitchers either. Matt Wieters. Best catcher in the game

Not just pitchers either. Matt Wieters. Best catcher in the game

You posted an opinion but forgot to end the sentence with a period (.).

I will admit that I am a biased fan Myself, but I do not believe that I am alone in saying that the best baseball catcher in the game today, and a Future Hall of Famer, is Yodier Molina. Molina is a definite first round candidate for Hall of Fame inclusion. A 10+ Gold Glover and a catcher that most future catchers will aspire to and emulate. A definite Leader and possibly a future manager for the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals. Can the same be said for your "best catcher in the game", Matt Wieners?

As of this moment, here is the most current standings of the teams that have a real chance of making their mark this 2015 season:

Saint Louis: 3 wins, 1 loss

Washington: 3 wins, 1 loss

NY Yankees: 4 wins, 2 loss

Boston: 3 wins, 2 loss

Kansas City: 5 wins, 0 loss

Oakland: 4 wins, 1 loss

LA Angels: 2 wins, 2 loss...

Not that they have a very historical chance, but

Baltimore: 2 wins, 5 loss

Chi. Cubs: 0 wins, 4 loss.

This could be a foreshadowing of the upcoming 2015 MLB season. Only time will tell.

I still predict that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make it to the Post-Season this year. Which could mark or break a record for a team to make it to the Post-Season 11 times in the past 15 years.

Besides (maybe) the New York Yankees, there has NEVER been a more dominant and consistent team then the Cardinals. That is not My opinion but a True and Honest Fact. If I am wrong in My opinion and assessment about the STL. CARDINALS, I urge anyone to prove Me wrong. I welcome the challenge.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Hey Esther. We are going to murder the East again. This time get it done in the playoffs. I have no doubt. O's vs Cubs series. Go O's

I know that it is only Spring Training but it seems that both of these teams are really showing what they got to make it to the Playoffs/Post-Season, much less and nevermind the 2015 World Series:

Baltimore: 3 wins - 7 losses

Chicago Cubs: 1 win - 6 losses.

Try and remember to start the (bad) name-calling until the season begins and save your excuses for when you will really need them later in the 2015 Major League Baseball Season.

PEACE!!!

I know that it is only Spring Training but it seems that both of these teams are really showing what they got to make it to the Playoffs/Post-Season, much less and nevermind the 2015 World Series:

Baltimore: 3 wins - 7 losses

Chicago Cubs: 1 win - 6 losses.

Try and remember to start the (bad) name-calling until the season begins and save your excuses for when you will really need them later in the 2015 Major League Baseball Season.

PEACE!!!

What are we now talking about pre season ? Cant wait to see the Cubs take your boys down. And my O's repeat in the East

What are we now talking about pre season ? Cant wait to see the Cubs take your boys down. And my O's repeat in the East

We all know (at least I do) that if the Orioles were 7 wins and 3 losses so far in this Spring Training that you would already have them in the World Series against the Cubs.

As it turns out the Orioles are now 3 wins and 8 losses because they were easily and soundly defeated yesterday by none other then the Saint Louis Cardinals by a score of 8 - 2.

I know that you and strong advocate for the Chicago Cubs but I just do not see a year after year losing team unseat a year after year winning (and 4x National League Championship team) just because the Cubs got a new manager and a good pitcher. A manager manages, he does not play and a pitcher only pitches once every 4 or 5 days. Besides Adam Wainwright, Lance Lynn and John Lackey, the Cardinals have a strong rotation and a solid bullpen. Again, I do not see a relatively young club unseat a strong and veteran team in their first year. Who knows, I could be wrong.

Yes, I am talking about Spring Training and I like what I see. I see that your team is showing what they will do in the regular season. That is lose and lose bad. I will admit that the Baltimore Orioles had a good run last year but that seems to be a fluke and will only hope to be an average .500 team this season as they have been for the past 32+ years.

Yes, I am talking about Spring Training and I like what I see. I see that your team is showing what they will do in the regular season. That is lose and lose bad. I will admit that the Baltimore Orioles had a good run last year but that seems to be a fluke and will only hope to be an average .500 team this season as they have been for the past 32+ years.

Your opinion is not shared with the national media who give the Orioles a ton of respect and have said do not count them out. Pre Season means nothing. Just like in football, hockey, basketball.

Oh dear god, looks like my hopes for the Mets winning the East just took a hit:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/12492795/zack-wheeler-new-york-mets-torn-elbow-ligament-need-tommy-john-surgery

Sorry Paul. I think we can still change our MLB contest picks because we have a long time until the start of the season. I am bailing on the Mets. If no objections please ink San Diego in their spot for me. As for my O's, first time I have checked the MLB scores at all and I see Chris Davis hit a 3 run shot and the O's got 21 hits in a 16-4 thumping of the Sillies. Gee, I am sooooo sorried King Bozo.

Sorry Paul. I think we can still change our MLB contest picks because we have a long time until the start of the season. I am bailing on the Mets. If no objections please ink San Diego in their spot for me. As for my O's, first time I have checked the MLB scores at all and I see Chris Davis hit a 3 run shot and the O's got 21 hits in a 16-4 thumping of the Sillies. Gee, I am sooooo sorried King Bozo.

Hey! I am a very easy-going and laid-back person so whatever you say (or call Me), I am cool with that.

You say that this is the first time you have checked the MLB scores and the Orioles easily defeated the Phillies. Are you saying this is the first time you checked the scores today or since Spring Training began. I am just curious as to which one it is. If it is the first time since ST began (which I find very hard to believe), then you must be unawares that the Orioles are 4 wins and 11 losses. You say that ST doesn't matter, but to a certain degree it really does. It seems to set the tone and definitely the future of the 2015 MLB roster for all 30 of the teams.

By the way, the Saint Louis Cardinals are 6 wins and 5 losses so far. 1 game above .500. Not 7 games below .500.

The seemingly inept and inefficient Baltimore Orioles are now in last place in the Grapefruit league standings. A paltry and measly record of 4 wins and 12 losses. I already know that lz77 will either comment about how this means nothing or will continue to "no comment" as he really may be worried and embarrassed that for all of his so-called "hype" of the orioles that he may realize that they have no chance of making it to the 2015 World Series. When was the last time that the orioles made it to the World Series? What year was that? I know that you seriously dislike Me (and I could care less) but when was the last time the Saint Louis Cardinals made it to the World Series (and won and lost)?

A couple of years ago (3-5) or 3 full decades ago (32 years)?

Make your excuses, I am used to them. Excuses are excuses, FACTS are FACTS!!!

When does the baseball season start? April 5th?

Until then, teams are 0-0.....

Going to see the Yankees vs. the Braves tonight at the Braves' facility in Lake Buena Vista.

Love going to preseason games. Nice vibe to the game with minor league players getting to showcase their talent, even though they won't make the team this year. New faces in new uniforms and getting a glimpse at some of the legends who still play for their teams. We were able to see Mariano Rivera in the spring of his last season - they had him pitch one inning, in the 3rd inning of the game, where he struck out the side. Watched Jeter play last spring - getting a single on his first at bat. Years ago, we saw Roger Clemens pitch his first game as a Yankee at the Royals' facility. Also, one spring we watched Jim Abbott get a triple in a rare at bat! That was something. When I was a little kid, autograph seeking was tremendous fun after spring training games. Got Pete Rose to sign a program, when he played for Montreal. Have many of the Yankees greats from the 80's also on a foul ball that I caught, during batting practice. Great memories!

• 2 weeks later...

When does the baseball season start? April 5th?

Until then, teams are 0-0.....

Going to see the Yankees vs. the Braves tonight at the Braves' facility in Lake Buena Vista.

Love going to preseason games. Nice vibe to the game with minor league players getting to showcase their talent, even though they won't make the team this year. New faces in new uniforms and getting a glimpse at some of the legends who still play for their teams. We were able to see Mariano Rivera in the spring of his last season - they had him pitch one inning, in the 3rd inning of the game, where he struck out the side. Watched Jeter play last spring - getting a single on his first at bat. Years ago, we saw Roger Clemens pitch his first game as a Yankee at the Royals' facility. Also, one spring we watched Jim Abbott get a triple in a rare at bat! That was something. When I was a little kid, autograph seeking was tremendous fun after spring training games. Got Pete Rose to sign a program, when he played for Montreal. Have many of the Yankees greats from the 80's also on a foul ball that I caught, during batting practice. Great memories!

A 10-2 laugher today as the Orioles smashed the Yankees into submission! :hysterical: Let the trash begin!!!!!

^^ Rick, are you really getting geared up about a "spring training" game? Heh, at any rate, the Orioles should be the consensus pick to take the East again. I'm just wondering who will be the teams that will bubble up & rise to the top of their divisions? The Cubs, maybe, maybe the Mariners. I know King Felix got robbed out of the Cy Young last season--will that give him extra motivation this year?

^ I still believe the Mets can win their division, Paul - in spite of the Wheeler setback. They've looked very good this spring, all around. The middle of their hitting lineup might take a lot of teams by surprise. And if Cornelius isn't picking them, then they're a lock...

Archived