2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Later today (Wednesday) there will be major celebrations in Pittsburgh as the Saint Louis Cardinals clinch the National League Central for the third straight year and also in Baltimore, Maryland as the Toronto Blue Jays clinch the American League East.  A doubleheader in each of these cities.  I am confident that the Cardinals can win one of two in Pittsburgh and I think that the Blue Jays can win one of two against an inept Baltimore Orioles team that has a losing record of 76 wins and 80 losses. 

Someone once said many months ago that the Baltimore Orioles were going to "murder" every other team in the American League East.  It seems to be the opposite, that the Orioles were "murdered" by every other team in that division.  Too much cockiness without actual and consistent talent will do that to lesser teams. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

The Orioles are not in dire straights because they lost Cruz. They still have Davis. And they have three all stars returning to the lineup you moron

I said I would scour this topic to prove that you are the one who calls Me names and I already read past 3 of your posts where you called Me a "jack arse" and in this post you call me a "moron" and this is only the 2nd page of a topic that is already at 61 pages in length.  I will gladly point out the other 50+ posts where you call Me other worse names and words than a "jack arse".  Shouldn't I be the one who reports YOU?  I will keep you posted as I have dozens and dozens of posts to declare that you are in the wrong and not ME.  It may take Me some time to do so as I have a job, but I do not mind because it will prove that YOU are the name-caller and instigator and not ME.

Edited to add:  I know that you, LedZeppfan77, will read this, I also think that you will not respond to this post for obvious reasons.  If you really mean and stick to what you post (which is clearly documented here) you should think about apologizing to ME and consider refraining from calling other people names, etc... just because you disagree with them.  A real man would do that. 

Edited by kingzoso

Once again, there will be no repeat World Series champion, as the 2014 champions SF Giants were eliminated by Kershaw and the Dodgers earlier tonight. San Francisco won't even get the opportunity to defend their title.

Sorry redrum. Who would have thought that the Giants' season would end before the Angels? Certainly not I.

^^ Sean, how are you feeling about your Angels, now that they have passed Houston for the 2nd wild card?

Didn't he declare them dead about 2 weeks ago?  Winning streaks have a way of changing everything - get hot at the right time and then ride the wave!  

^^ Sean, how are you feeling about your Angels, now that they have passed Houston for the 2nd wild card?

Didn't he declare them dead about 2 weeks ago?  Winning streaks have a way of changing everything - get hot at the right time and then ride the wave!  

And they are still dead, in a manner of speaking. Sure, let's say they get the second wild card slot. That means the Angels play the Yankees in a one-game play-off, which the Angels will lose 10-8.

I don't know if you have heard but the Angels' pitching staff is decimated with injuries. It's so bad they had to go pick Latos off waivers.

So even if Trout and Pujols are in a groove, the Angels won't have the pitching to slow the other team's offense down.

8-0 last night.  Magic number 1/2

Dude, didn't you get the memo? It's over...Dodgers clinched the West. There is no chance for a wild card for SF, either.

Edited by Strider

And they are still dead, in a manner of speaking. Sure, let's say they get the second wild card slot. That means the Angels play the Yankees in a one-game play-off, which the Angels will lose 10-8.

I don't know if you have heard but the Angels' pitching staff is decimated with injuries. It's so bad they had to go pick Latos off waivers.

So even if Trout and Pujols are in a groove, the Angels won't have the pitching to slow the other team's offense down.

Dude, didn't you get the memo? It's over...Dodgers clinched the West. There is no chance for a wild card for SF, either.

I assumed it was over but Sportsline did not have the little clinched sign next to Dodgers.

Once again, there will be no repeat World Series champion, as the 2014 champions SF Giants were eliminated by Kershaw and the Dodgers earlier tonight. San Francisco won't even get the opportunity to defend their title.

Sorry redrum. Who would have thought that the Giants' season would end before the Angels? Certainly not I.

Still not a bad season. :)

I would like to Congratulate the Saint Louis Cardinals on winning the National League Central Division for the 3rd year in a row.  The Cardinals are the only Major League team to accumulate 100 wins this 2015 season. 

I had said repeatedly before the 2015 season began that the Saint Louis Cardinals were going to be the team to win the NL Central and be the Best Team in all of Baseball during the regular season and my predictions were accurate. 

Way to go, Jason Heyward.

Way to go, Saint Louis!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Hey King. I see Wainright is out for the season. Well how does it feel fella? I do not see your daily bullshit blog? We scored 18 runs on Boston yesterday, and sit 2 out of first. I like our chances big time when Hardy and Wieters return we will get a boost of great proportions. As for your team, let see you lose Wong for a month or two and see if you can hold water even in that shit division. It is not half as competitive as the AL East. You play the Red Sox and Yankees and Blues Jays and Tampa as many times as we do and I guarantee you St Louis would not survive it. I will say this again to you ITS APRIL. is it starting to sink in now that Wainright is gone?

This year the AL East was one of the worst divisions in Baseball.  The NL Central the Best division in Baseball.  The Baltimore Orioles sucked and do not even have a .500 record while the Saint Louis Cardinals just won the NL Central for the third year in a row and are the only 2015 Baseball team to win 100 games. 

And, for the record, Adam Wainwright pitched one inning yesterday against the Pirates.  Adam was out for most of the season but not the whole season.  Reread your above post.  You said out for the season and you also said that I had a "daily bullshit blog".  Even more reason to say what I posted earlier.  Scroll up a page or two (or three) and read the posts that I made directed toward you.  I knew that you would ignore what I said because I was right and you are too embarrassed to acknowledge that I was right the whole time and you were in the wrong but not man enough to admit it. 

I said I would scour this topic to prove that you are the one who calls Me names and I already read past 3 of your posts where you called Me a "jack arse" and in this post you call me a "moron" and this is only the 2nd page of a topic that is already at 61 pages in length.  I will gladly point out the other 50+ posts where you call Me other worse names and words than a "jack arse".  Shouldn't I be the one who reports YOU?  I will keep you posted as I have dozens and dozens of posts to declare that you are in the wrong and not ME.  It may take Me some time to do so as I have a job, but I do not mind because it will prove that YOU are the name-caller and instigator and not ME.

Edited to add:  I know that you, LedZeppfan77, will read this, I also think that you will not respond to this post for obvious reasons.  If you really mean and stick to what you post (which is clearly documented here) you should think about apologizing to ME and consider refraining from calling other people names, etc... just because you disagree with them.  A real man would do that. 

This is one of the posts that I made that I knew you would read and fail to reply to and ignore outright.  Go ahead and ignore this post or continue to call ME a "fucking moron or a jack arse".  I really don't care.  You are 20 years older then I am but, by the way you post, you seem to be an intolerant adult who's frustrations is what a 25 year old would post. 

Give Me another day or two and I will find more of your insulting meanderings that you made towards ME regarding this Baseball topic. 

The addition of the second wildcard may not be to everyone's liking, but it keeps things interesting during the season's last week when in the past most of the teams were "playing out the string" or resting up for the playoffs.  My favorite team has been out of it since the middle of the season, but I'm still checking scores a few times a night.

Good luck to all of you who still have hope. Should be a good (rest of the ) week.

Edited by jb126

I had said repeatedly before the 2015 season began that the Saint Louis Cardinals were going to be the team to win the NL Central and be the Best Team in all of Baseball during the regular season and my predictions were accurate. 

Just don't lose to the stinkin' Dodgers.

We just need 2 out of these 4. One will get us in the wild card, two takes the west.

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers for securing a spot in the 2015 MLB Post-Season. 

I really hope that the Houston Astros secure the last Wild Card spot.  That would make My three favorite Baseball teams in the 2015 Post-Season.  Saint Louis, Houston and Texas.  I don't think all three of these teams have ever been in the Post-Season all at the same time.  Even if the Astros or the Rangers make it to the World Series against the Cardinals, the Cardinals would beat either one of them. 

The Mets get first crack at the Dodgers, while the Cardinals will face the winner of the Cubs-Pirates playoff game.

To be honest, the only team that I fear are the Pirates.  Not that the Cardinals fear them because I don't think that the Cardinals fear any team.  I just hope that the Cardinals play the Cubs because the Cubs are a young (but good) team but in regards to the Cardinals are no match.   The season(ing) and experience of playing in the Post-Season for 5 straight years gives the Saint Louis Cardinals a definite and competitive edge. 

Edited by kingzoso

To be honest, the only team that I fear are the Pirates.  Not that the Cardinals fear them because I don't think that the Cardinals fear any team.  I just hope that the Cardinals play the Cubs because the Cubs are a young (but good) team but in regards to the Cardinals are no match.   The season(ing) and experience of playing in the Post-Season for 5 straight years gives the Saint Louis Cardinals a definite and competitive edge. 

The Pirates have yet to show the ability to figure out Chicago's Arrieta, so most oddsmakers have the Cubs advancing to face the Cardinals.

The Pirates have yet to show the ability to figure out Chicago's Arrieta, so most oddsmakers have the Cubs advancing to face the Cardinals.

The Cubs are playing great.  I hope they win the NL.  Them or the Dodgeres who I also like.  Houston should win tonight.  Keichel going. If they can get in the last thing the Yankees will want to see is Keichel in a one off.  I do not think anyone will beat Keichel