2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I said a couple of days ago that the Saint Louis Cardinals manager, Mike Matheny was the first manager in Baseball history to take his club to the Post-Season in his first 4 years as a manager.  I was disputed by some saying that this is incorrect. 

Well, it seems that I was very correct and the disputers incorrect. 

This is a written quote in Fridays USA Today newspaper (which I buy and read) Monday - Friday. 

"Matheny, the first in major league history to lead his team to the postseason his first four seasons". 

I defy anyone to prove otherwise. With actual written and documented proof and not just because of memory.  Real and actual documentation like what I just provided from a real and legitimate National newspaper. 

Edited by kingzoso

Every morning I come to this site and know exactly what I will find.  More propaganda bullshit tossed out there for us to see.  You know you do not give the Cubs an ounce of credit.   You talked shit about them early in the year.  To me they are the biggest success story of the year  in baseball for sure.  Sorry Paul, the Mets are tied for second with the Astro's IMO.  The Cubs are on fire and I hope they continue.  In the AL, if Houston gets to play in that one off, I wonder if  Keichel would be able to go on 4 days rest?  I have to check the box score though.  The Astros did a number on arizona last night which means that they had the luxury of pullling him early

I said a couple of days ago that the Saint Louis Cardinals manager, Mike Matheny was the first manager in Baseball history to take his club to the Post-Season in his first 4 years as a manager.  I was disputed by some saying that this is incorrect. 

Well, it seems that I was very correct and the disputers incorrect. 

This is a written quote in Fridays USA Today newspaper (which I buy and read) Monday - Friday. 

"Matheny, the first in major league history to lead his team to the postseason his first four seasons". 

I defy anyone to prove otherwise. With actual written and documented proof and not just because of memory.  Real and actual documentation like what I justTh

provided from  real and 

How bout those Nats!  

Too little too late, but I think Scherzer is a good guy.  Both of his no-hitters marred by just one batter - one of his own doing and tonight, an error.  Pretty good game.

^^ I believe the Mets went 4-3 against the Dodgers this season--of course, that means nothing when the Division series starts, but I'm just glad we avoid the Pittsburgh Pirates, who totally owned the Mets this year.

Kershaw still has a lot to prove, as far as his postseason career is concerned... 

The Orioles have a  shot to send the Yankees to a one off in Houston and likely vs Keichel.  Yikes.  I hope this is not Davis's last game.  It may be Wieters?  O'Day?  Chen?  I think losing Wieters is the worst thing. But Davis is the more sentimental choice I am sure.  We need to spend the money, keep them and build our staff through the minors

New York vs. Los Angeles - that title brings back a lot of memories.

I'll have my eyes glued Tuesday night.  Hope the Yanks can move into round two - Kansas City vs. New York.  Even more memories with that one! 

Houston & the Yanks in a one game playoff--I think I'll lean towards the Astros on that one. 

I've said before, bring on the Dodgers, so of course, they will probably sweep the Mets right out of the playoffs. Should be a good series & I think our bats can get to Kershaw. Greinke in Game 2 might be a tougher test. I expect a lot of low scoring, great pitched games between da Bums and Mets....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by paul carruthers

Houston & the Yanks in a one game playoff--I think I'll lean towards the Astros on that one. 

I've said before, bring on the Dodgers, so of course, they will probably sweep the Mets right out of the playoffs. Should be a good series & I think our bats can get to Kershaw. Greinke in Game 2 might be a tougher test. I expect a lot of low scoring, great pitched games between da Bums and Mets....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well if Keichel is good to go on 4 days I say he is a beast.  We swept those shitbags under the rug for good measure.  :lol:

As for the schedule, the action starts Tuesday with the wild-card games and Thursday with the division series. Here's that full rundown. Start times TBA unless noted otherwise.

TUESDAY, OCT. 6
AL wild card: Houston Astros at New York Yankees at 8 p.m. ET (TV coverage on ESPN)

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 7
NL wild card: Chicago Cubs at Pittsburgh Pirates at 8 p.m. ET (TBS)

THURSDAY, OCT. 8
ALDS Game 1: Wild-card winner at Kansas City Royals (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or MLB Network)
ALDS Game 1: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or MLB Network/SportsNet)

FRIDAY, OCT. 9
NLDS Game 1: Wild-card winner at St. Louis Cardinals (TBS)
NLDS Game 1: New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers (TBS)
ALDS Game 2: Wild-card winner at Kansas City Royals (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or MLB Network)
ALDS Game 2: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or MLB Network/SportsNet)

SATURDAY, OCT. 10
NLDS Game 2: Wild-card winner at St. Louis Cardinals (TBS)
NLDS Game 2: New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers (TBS)

SUNDAY, OCT. 11
ALDS Game 3: Kansas City Royals at Wild-card winner (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or MLB Network)
ALDS Game 3: Toronto Blue Jays at Texas Rangers (TBD)

MONDAY, OCT. 12
NLDS Game 3: St. Louis Cardinals at wild-card winner (TBS)
NLDS Game 3: Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets (TBS)
ALDS Game 4*: Kansas City Royals at Wild-card winner  (Fox or Fox Sports 1)
ALDS Game 4*: Toronto Blue Jays at Texas Rangers (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or SportsNet)

TUESDAY, OCT. 13
NLDS Game 4*: St. Louis Cardinals at wild-card winner (TBS) 
NLDS Game 4*: Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets (TBS) 

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 14
ALDS Game 5*: Wild-card winner at Kansas City Royals (Fox or Fox Sports 1)
ALDS Game 5*: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays  (Fox or Fox Sports 1 or SportsNet)

THURSDAY, OCT. 15
NLDS Game 5*: Wild-card winner at St. Louis Cardinals (TBS) 
NLDS Game 5*: New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers (TBS)

* = if necessary

2015-10-04-18-27-10-1.png

2015-10-04-18-28-11-1.png

2015-10-04-18-30-31-1.png

Thank you for this handy schedule zepscoda...I've saved it to my phone for future reference.

Will you be at any of the Rangers playoff games? Did Texas do a playoff lottery like some other teams do with regard to buying playoff tickets?

Stargroves was unlucky in the Mets lottery. How did you make out?

Stargroves, I still hope you find a way thru Stub Hub or Ticket Web or maybe a Mets fan forum to attend a game.

I am certainly expecting Arrietta to beat Pittsburgh and the Cubs to be playing St Louis.  I hope the Cubs stay hot.   If Keichel has his stuff, the Yankees should be one and done.  The Orioles just went in and swept them and that is not a good sign for them.  Houston can win that game.  If the Cubs win and they are favored, the Mets would play the Dodgers.  I would be shocked to see the Mets beat them.  I just  think the Dodgers have too much.  I think Kershaw pitched yesterday but I guess he would be  a go by game two latest?  

Much like the Bills beating the Patriots the last week of last year's NFL regular season, the O's sweeping the Yanks the last weekend of the season, after the Yanks clinched a WC spot and couldn't win the division, doesn't really mean much at all....