2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I can only hope you're right jimmie ray--the Nats were going to be a tough buzzsaw to overcome even with Wheeler, but hopefully someone in that Mets rotation can step up & fill the void. Still 6 more long days til the start of the regular season--will spring training ever end....

I don't know if Rick is on right now, but on MLB Network, Chris Russo is chatting with Gary Thorne about the Orioles. Gary expects Chris Davis to have a chip on his shoulder coming into this season & expects him to have a bounce back year.

Speaking for myself, I'm still surprised by those prognosticators who have the O's in the cellar in the AL East with Boston being the favorites. Can't wait for the season to start....

I don't know if Rick is on right now, but on MLB Network, Chris Russo is chatting with Gary Thorne about the Orioles. Gary expects Chris Davis to have a chip on his shoulder coming into this season & expects him to have a bounce back year.

Speaking for myself, I'm still surprised by those prognosticators who have the O's in the cellar in the AL East with Boston being the favorites. Can't wait for the season to start....

Well thanks for letting me know about this Paul but I missed it as I am following this German plane crash still. I do not know how anyone in their right mind can pick the Orioles last. Tampa should get that honor because they lost alot including a very good manager to the Cubs. Davis is allowed to take his ADH drugs so look out!!! He is going to crush some balls for sure. His numbers will make up for Cruz's departure and add Matt Wieters to the equation and its even better. Wieters may not be ready to go on opening day, but will be in the lineup no later than late April or early May worst case. The backup is good enough for us to win. Wieters will be a sight for sore eyes. I really love Schoop at 2nd base too. This is a solid team and my only real regret was losing Nick Markakis who I just love. I wish him the best. Miller was a tough loss too, but we c can make up for him. I am wondering if Dylan Bundy is close to being able to pitch for the O's. EBK, if you should read this, do you have any info from down there?

^^ Yes, the new season coming up does look promising--I just wonder if the Nationals will live up to all their preseason hype & how much will they push the Mets, or maybe rather will the Mets push them? Should be an interesting division race to watch this year...

Just when I think it's safe to predict the Tigers to win the Central again, I hear the news that Verlander is going to the DL--but the Tigers are optimistic that Verlander will only be pushed back a few days & he should be ready to pitch on April 12th. Should being the key word--I don't know if Bong-Man should be sweating this or not...

Only about 25 hours til the kickoff of the real season--I'm not sure if Cubs/Cards is the game I would have picked to kick off the season, but I'll be watching regardless. Hell, going by some accounts, the Cubs may finally be ready to step out of the cellar & overtake the "mighty" St. Louis Cardinals for the Central division--I'll believe it when I see it...

Only about 25 hours til the kickoff of the real season--I'm not sure if Cubs/Cards is the game I would have picked to kick off the season, but I'll be watching regardless. Hell, going by some accounts, the Cubs may finally be ready to step out of the cellar & overtake the "mighty" St. Louis Cardinals for the Central division--I'll believe it when I see it...

...I'll believe it when I see it too.

Obviously being a Cardinals fan, I think that this a good game to begin the 2015 MLB season. The Cardinals, a proven and dominant team the past 4 years in a row (and one could say since the turn of this century), against a supposedly new and improved Chicago Cubs. Adam Wainwright versus Jon Lester.

Even if the Cubs happen to sweep the Cardinals this series, it would be foolish and unwise to count them out because the St. Louis Cardinals are a very resilient, versatile and patient team. No matter what the circumstances they never give up.

This will be last time that I will point out that the Saint Louis Cardinals have made it to the National League Championship Series 4 years in a row. I think that the Cardinals are the only team in Baseball History to accomplish this amazing feat. So enough of that from me because that fact speaks for itself even if that fact is despised by some. Facts are facts.

So, in the interest of Baseball, I will say that I really do wish EVERY MLB Team and their fans the very best of Luck this 2015 season. I wish no ill will on anyone who follows baseball and posts their posts on this topic. I hope some can do the same and refrain from acrimony and name-calling for those that posts on this topic and others that enjoy baseball. I know that emotions can run high (or low) regardless if your favorite team is winning or losing.

With all that being said on My part, I have one last thing to say: GO CARDINALS!!!

The first game of the season should always be a day game and should always involve the Cincinnati Reds...the way it was on Opening Day for decades. Thanks for nothing, Bud Selig. Asshole.

The first game of the season should always be a day game and should always involve the Cincinnati Reds...the way it was on Opening Day for decades. Thanks for nothing, Bud Selig. Asshole.

Bud Selig is no longer the MLB Commissioner. That title is now bestowed upon Rob Manfred.

Well--even with tonight's festivities--Monday will feel like the "actual" opening day for the MLB season. Not so sure If I would have went with Bartolo Colon as the Mets opening day starter over Harvey or even deGrom--but then again, I'm not getting paid to manage the ballclub.

In any event, the greatest game in the world is almost back. Yay!

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Not too many guys on MLB Network picking the Mets to even make the postseason, even as a wild card. Hmmm.... I wonder what the guys on ESPN will have to say.

And I'm wondering how the Nats & Dodgers will fail to meet the lofty expectations people have for those ballclubs. I have to think it's World Series or bust for LA & Washington...

This. All of this.

I just saw the news that the Padres have acquired Craig Kimbrel from the Braves--I guess the Braves are throwing in the towel already for the 2015 season, not that I'll shed any tears about it.

So, I have to check, but I don't think many of us had the Padres winning the West--will this deal change any opinions?

Can they add anymore of these ridiculous strike zone graphics....come on man....lol....its getting to be as bad as Fox's puck tracker when they had the NHL back in the 90's.

My husband just asked if that stupid box was going to be there all season.

Archived