2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Cubs just very sloppy at times--still think they have a long way to go before they can think about taking that division from the Cards....

I am a realist and I know that the season just began but the new "ace" in Chicago and his 155 million dollar contract just lost his first game and lasted only about 4 innings. I am not typing this to be cocky, just pointing out a fact.

Adam Wainwright, Matt Holliday, Jason Heyward and Trevor Rosenthal. 4 names to remember among at least 15 or more in this very talented, experienced, relentless, etc... Saint Louis Cardinals Organization.

I think last night proved the Cubs are not ready for primetime, much less taking the Central from St. Louis. Whether some of us like it or not, the Cards are the Spurs or Patriots of MLB--no matter how much some of us want to see them get killed, they always rise to the occasion & make the postseason.

Of course, the season just began, so it would not surprise me if the Cubs swept the next 2 games in the series... :D

Opening day--hope springs eternal for so many teams. Yes Walter, it is a long season, but the Cubs showed me nothing last night to make me think the NL Central is up for grabs--but who knows, maybe the Pirates or Reds will make some noise this year.

Can't wait for 4pm--Mets at Nationals, whoo....

baseball-2.gif

I think last night proved the Cubs are not ready for primetime, much less taking the Central from St. Louis. Whether some of us like it or not, the Cards are the Spurs or Patriots of MLB--no matter how much some of us want to see them get killed, they always rise to the occasion & make the postseason.

Of course, the season just began, so it would not surprise me if the Cubs swept the next 2 games in the series... :D

Its way too soon to make a statement like that. Its one game amount 162 for God's sake. And the Cubs have not been together as a unit as long. They will make more than noise, they will win a ton of games. Today Bet Us has the Orioles +100, slight dogs at Tampa. OK. Ill take those odds. My bets are in. Parlays, 3 with Orioles over those chumps. Yankees game is tough to call. I layed off that one. Picked one upset that may bite me. Took a shot with Twins over Price. Have Marlins, Nats, Seattle and more. Still do not get Cruz going to seattle. I know its about money, and that is pathetic. No loyalty. As far as the teams you mentioned, I believe San Anton is finished. Golden st did not need that game and will pummel them. So will the Clippers and the Bills are going to unseat New England. Just wait

So will you write the Mets off this afternoon if they lose one game like you are the Cubs? Writing the Cubs off over one game is just silly

^^ I signed up for ESPN's streak for the cash. My first selection in the streak was to pick the Mariners today with King Felix--I think that's a safe bet. No, I will not write off the Mets if they lose today, but if they look as sloppy as the Cubs looked last night then I will concede that it may be a long season. Maybe it is too soon to throw dirt on the Cubs, but to call them division champs--I'm just not ready to take that step...

Jays and Yankees--I don't blame you for staying away from that one Rick. Yanks have owned the Jays the last few years, but how will Tanaka look today?

^^ I signed up for ESPN's streak for the cash. My first selection in the streak was to pick the Mariners today with King Felix--I think that's a safe bet. No, I will not write off the Mets if they lose today, but if they look as sloppy as the Cubs looked last night then I will concede that it may be a long season. Maybe it is too soon to throw dirt on the Cubs, but to call them division champs--I'm just not ready to take that step...

Jays and Yankees--I don't blame you for staying away from that one Rick. Yanks have owned the Jays the last few years, but how will Tanaka look today?

Good to hear. But loss's mean nothing. You should pick something that is coming up soon and try to get as many as possible. Its about the Streak. Consecutive. MLB.com has a contest for Streak also. I play that one too. In that one you pick a player each day to get a hit. On ESPN, The Streak I took Tanaka to get 4 KO's in first 3 innings. The other choice is 3 or less. He is usuallly tough eary. I am taking Baltimore over Tampa even without Davis ( serving his last game of suspension) and Hardy. Tillman can beat them. And our bench is plenty good.

HEY Did Toronto get Donaldson from Oakland?

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! What a joke the Yankees are Wow. Looooooooong season ahead with this pathetic defense. I like my boys today even with Davis, Wieters and Hardy out. They will all be back fast. Davis tomorrow. Delvin Young had a hell of a spring and our depth will be apparent.

Blue Jays are doing a number on the Yankees. Maybe the Rays will finish ahead of the Stankees?

Has Tanaka been pulled from that Yankees game? Not too many people here are going to feel sorry for the Yanks hitting the skids...

Price had his perfect game busted up, but the Tigers are still in control, 3-0 over the Twinkies.

I bought the package so I can get any game, any where, any time. Love it. But when the Orioles come on that will be all I watch

^^ I know how you feel--I'm pacing the floor waiting for the Mets/Nationals game to start....

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

Its on the Streak Paul. I took Orioles. If you see, Nationals are about 97%. If you take the high percentage you are going with the "sheep". If you take the dog you are a "wolf". Just to teach you some of the lingo. Go on the message board for any prop/game. Discussion over the prop and then of course always some wise guys that go off topic. I got a 24 hour pink slip last week for going off on some punk kid that always has his Ravens jersey on.

Lucas Duda cashing in for the Mets after a Scherzer walk and an infield error. Hopefully Colon can keep up his good work....

My Orioles came out with a nice game without Davis, Hardy and Wieters in the lineup. How good will they be when they return? Davis returns tomorrow. I love our team, our depth and our staff and our manager. As for your Mets Paul, they are sticking it to me on one parlay for sure. But I have others. Need the Indians on one. The other I have Balt, Seattle, and the KC/White Sox game under 7 1/2 so now you cam all cheer against me. If the Mets hold on, shocker.

Archived