Led Zeppelin In Talks To Play Cardiff's Millennium Stadium

In the topic I meant to put What ARE your thoughts not is. UH!!

And a possible tour...

Print Page

by Daniel Melia on 18/12/2007

Photo by: wenn It seems that all those stories of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour in 2008 may not be rumours after all.

Bosses at Cardiff’s Millennium stadium have admitted that they are in talks with the band’s management about performing at the venue next year.

The news was revealed by the WRU’s head man Roger Lewis who is personal friends with Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones.

Link

In the topic I meant to put What ARE your thoughts not is. UH!!

And a possible tour...

Print Page

by Daniel Melia on 18/12/2007

Photo by: wenn It seems that all those stories of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour in 2008 may not be rumours after all.

Bosses at Cardiff’s Millennium stadium have admitted that they are in talks with the band’s management about performing at the venue next year.

The news was revealed by the WRU’s head man Roger Lewis who is personal friends with Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones.

Link

Where is it?I hope it is in Hollywood,Ca.

Are you kidding me? Its on the other side of the fucking "Pond". I say if they play again they MUST hit the States. They wont forget us!

Yeah sorry, Cardiff is in Wales, that's the big lump on the left hand side of England.

But look of course they will tour the States.

They WILL tour. I have stated as much baldly several times.

It WILL be Europe and America at least and it WILL be big venues.

This Cardiff "leak" is just one of many.

There was the Ian Astbury one not long ago and there will be more before the official announcement.

Its how things are done, to keep it at the top of the news agenda.

If it wasn't for America there would be NO Led Zeppelin. They would have gone bloody crazy touring this dreary miserable island full of musically ignorant morons. They would ahve split within a year.

The list of dates above looks pretty much like I imagine.

The link saying Source of information goes to some silly paper plane game but still its pretty accurate.

By the way...I thought that the new Wembley Stadium had a retractable roof does it not?

Apparently not, my friend went to the NFL game there earlier this year and said that there was no retractable roof as when it was raining, nothing was done about it.

I wouldnt care, could be a snowstorm there, as long as LZ are playing there.

AAAHHHH!!! What the hell dates are you seeing there Plantagenet?!!

By the way...I thought that the new Wembley Stadium had a retractable roof does it not?

Wembley has a roof that moves back a bit to allow the pitch to get more sunlight and to stop shadows during games, the Millenium Stadium has a fully retractible roof so is essentially an indoor 72,000(maybe as much as 80,000 with the pitch used) seat venue.

It's a non-story. The Millennium Stadium's management have offered their venue to the band via Harvey Goldsmith. It doesn't mean they'll play there or even that they are considering touring, only that the people who run the stadium want Zeppelin to play there.

I had a funny dream last night (this is really true)... For some reason Led Zeppelin was playing at a mall that I imagine must have been in my town. I missed most of their set because I didn't know they were playing, but I found the stage right as they started playing Whole Lotta Love... Anyway, I'm rockin' out to the song and right in the middle of it I turn around and everyone else simply walked away, all together... It was weird... It was like a second rate band that no one wanted to see... Anyway, I got to talk to Jones a bit, after they stopped playing and I was the only one left... He was a really nice guy, even for a dream...

Anyway, keep dreaming folks... I'm pretty sure we'll never see a tour from these guys... It's too much of a strain for them, on their lives, their health and their happiness.. TOURING IS NOT A FUN JOB <_<

I have a better question: Would you rather selfishly get to see them tour or let them live happily and comfortably?

I'm also pretty sure we'll see some more "one-off" concerts on special dates and occasions for the band... But few and far between, I hope...

Yeah sorry, Cardiff is in Wales, that's the big lump on the left hand side of England.

But look of course they will tour the States.

They WILL tour. I have stated as much baldly several times.

It WILL be Europe and America at least and it WILL be big venues.

This Cardiff "leak" is just one of many.

There was the Ian Astbury one not long ago and there will be more before the official announcement.

Its how things are done, to keep it at the top of the news agenda.

If it wasn't for America there would be NO Led Zeppelin. They would have gone bloody crazy touring this dreary miserable island full of musically ignorant morons. They would ahve split within a year.

The list of dates above looks pretty much like I imagine.

The link saying Source of information goes to some silly paper plane game but still its pretty accurate.

Never heard my country described as a big lump before...always thought it looked a bit like a pigs head myself but maybe thats just me.

As others have said here, I think the owners of the stadium took a chance to make a few headlines while the Zeppelin concert was hot news. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Archived