2014-15 NFL PottedPlant Memorial Playoff Predictions thread...

paul carruthers

Thanks, Walter!

From what I had been reading, Rolando loved Dallas. Hate to hear he won't be back. Did you know someone torched his $1,500,000 home in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks back? It was on the market and burned to the ground.

There was no love between Saban and Meyer, and Meyer brings a lot of football smarts and experience to the game.

Oregon flows like a finely tuned machine.

Tough one for me to get a grip on, but since you asked, I'll say Ohio State by 3-6 points.

Edited to add that I shed no tears the semenholes didn't make it to the Jerry Dome.

Thanks, Walter!

From what I had been reading, Rolando loved Dallas. Hate to hear he won't be back. Did you know someone torched his $1,500,000 home in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks back? It was on the market and burned to the ground.

There was no love between Saban and Meyer, and Meyer brings a lot of football smarts and experience to the game.

Oregon flows like a finely tuned machine.

Tough one for me to get a grip on, but since you asked, I'll say Ohio State by 3-6 points.

Unless he wants to take less $ he won't be back. Lots of mouths to feed. I hope so and yes I heard he loves it and about his house. That coincided with his recent injuries/illnesses. I don't know what to think.

I'm taking the Ducks by 10

It's kind of hard to believe Championship Sunday is almost here--where does the time go? Before you know it, first pitch will be taking place....

Yeah, my son and I were just talking about how the first game of Green Bay v. Seattle seemed just like last month. The season does go by quickly!

Yeah, my son and I were just talking about how the first game of Green Bay v. Seattle seemed just like last month. The season does go by quickly!

I forgot they played and had to go look it up. 36-16 Seattle. I believe Seattle wins too but it may be closer this time. Green Bay has a better defense than advertised as Troy Aikman put it and I agree. But Seattle has a real dominating defense like the Bills will be next year. I think Indy's miraculous upset of Denver was partially due to Manning. But we will see. If their D plays well at New England they certainly fooled many people. I will be surrprised if Indy does in fact win. If it does wind up being Seattle and New England I will pick Seattle. I do not think the Colts have ever played the Packers in the Super Bowl, and that is a bit of a surprise given their stories histories. Many of the best battle were before the merger when the Colts and Packers were in the old NFL. The Colts beat them when they had Earl Morril at QB during those Super Bowl years in GB if memory serves me well? 1968ish

Well I have Lynch and Blount as my starting rb's on my 2 playoff FF teams. Hope I have it figured out right with them in this weather. Wish I had Wilson, but picked Brady at the beginning and he's now earning triple points for having him that long. Got Gronk and the Seattle D too.

Lots of Patriots' jerseys being worn at the grocery store today!

Well I have Lynch and Bount as my starting rb's on my 2 playoff FF teams. Hope I have it figured out right with them in this weather. Wish I had Wilson, but picked Brady at the beginning and he's now earning triple points for having him that long. Got Gronk and the Seattle D too.

Lots of Patriots' jerseys being worn at the grocery store today!

You mean Blount?

Update, as late as it is--congrats to the many who picked New England and Seattle....

Conference Championship round:

jb126: 2-0

ebk: 2-0

Walter: 2-0

Mrs. Walter: 2-0

Walter Jr: 2-0

Bong-Man: 2-0

Strider: 2-0

zepscoda: 2-0

apantherfrommd: 2-0

in_the_evening: 2-0

LedZeppfan77: 1-1

jabe: 1-1

paul carruthers: 1-1

Anjin-san: 1-1

zeppelin68: 1-1

mack: 0-2

Overall results:

Walter Jr: 9-1

Bong-Man: 8-2

zeppelin68: 8-2

zepscoda: 8-2

jb126: 8-2

Strider: 7-3

ebk: 7-3

Walter: 7-3

Mrs. Walter: 7-3

in_the_evening: 7-3

mack: 6-4

jabe: 6-4

apantherfrommd: 6-4

paul carruthers: 5-5

Anjin-san:5-5

LedZeppfan77: 4-6

Super Bowl Sunday, February 1st:

New England vs. Seattle

And as always, for the Super Bowl, we would like to ask all the participants to give a score along with your prediction. It helps just in case there is a tiebreaker scenario. Got a lot of time to get it in, so good luck to everyone....

Archived