A suggested project for Jimmy

Yellowrose

Now that Jimmy has completed his musical life in photos, it would be neat if he assembled a book of his art collection, including his own art dating back to his time as an art student. Also, it would be interesting if in this book, he elaborated on connections between pieces and styles of art and his own musical compositions.

Now that Jimmy has completed his musical life in photos, it would be neat if he assembled a book of his art collection, including his own art dating back to his time as an art student. Also, it would be interesting if in this book, he elaborated on connections between pieces and styles of art and his own musical compositions.

That would be interesting. Unfortunately I think it would be a risk. Putting out information on the valuable items you own in your home is not something I would recommend. I would like him to write something, an essay maybe, on how people in other arts, visual arts, poetry etc. have influenced him.

... I would like him to write something, an essay maybe, on how people in other arts, visual arts, poetry etc. have influenced him...

Now this would be interesting. Page, like many British rock musicians from his era, spent time at art school. Did he incorporate anything he learned at Sutton Art School into his stage attire, album cover preferences, etc? A book about the London rock music scene from 1960-1966 would also be interesting.

Now this would be interesting. Page, like many British rock musicians from his era, spent time at art school. Did he incorporate anything he learned at Sutton Art School into his stage attire, album cover preferences, etc? A book about the London rock music scene from 1960-1966 would also be interesting.

If I'm not mistaken Page's Telecaster that he used from the mid to late 60's with the Yardbirds and early on with Zep was painted by none other than Page himself.

Ronnie Wood is a great artist to come out of the same generation (and geographical area) of rock musicians.

• 1 month later...

I really think if such a book was written and Page/and or the author could show in many instances how his artwork and collections,

admired artwork, etc., influenced his music , properly written many would be interested. But if the book goes too far into obscurity,

Without little link to Page's music, I don't think too many fans would be attracted to it.

Archived