Physical graffiti Remastered

appiantiqua

Pre-order on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Physical-Graffiti-Led-Zeppelin/dp/B00RUT3DTE/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1420633677&sr=1-3

i found the tracklist of the companion disc just two hours ago on Amazon France and the link was since removed and doesn't work anymore ......

I suppose that Amazon have the informations but is not allowed to display this before official update : Wait and see for confirmation but
the tracklist could be true !

1. Brandy & Coke (Trampled Under Foot - Initial Rough Mix)
2. Sick Again (Early Version)
3. In My Time Of Dying (Initial Rough Mix)
4. Houses Of The Holy (Rough Mix With Overdubs)
5. Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light Early Version/In Transit)
6. Boogie With Stu (Sunset Sound Mix)
7. Driving Through Kashmir (Kashmir Rough Orchestra Mix)

91q8z0JtvsL._SL1500_.jpg

Pardon my ignorance by why is Trampled Under foot called Brandy and Coke?

Many songs start out with "Working Titles" and after the piece of music evolves and where the lyrics are going, the song doesn't remain the same, nor does the name.

HOLY FLURKING SCHNIDT... gimme gimme gimme!!! That is one gorgeous new release, but I'll stick with the standard remastered CD version once it hits the shelves... as with the previous five releases, I've yet to be convinced the companion discs are worth paying a little extra for, even Robert Plant has called the new material "irrelevant" not to mention the fact it messes with the original sleeve design.

HOLY FLURKING SCHNIDT... gimme gimme gimme!!! That is one gorgeous new release, but I'll stick with the standard remastered CD version once it hits the shelves... as with the previous five releases, I've yet to be convinced the companion discs are worth paying a little extra for, even Robert Plant has called the new material "irrelevant" not to mention the fact it messes with the original sleeve design.

Even III? Key to the Highway was worth the extra few bucks alone IMO.

irrelevant is being kind ...seems like the only true non- live remainders are on the 90's box sets... sticking with single in this case double remaster. Glad for the people enjoying them. i had the first 3 doubles and traded for singles and another cd because on 1 the concert is awful quality and the companions did nothing for me except took away from legendary albums...to me they are not even worth extra 3 bux but b4 the flames start i am happy for the people that enjoy them. For those pinning hopes on coda i think they will b disappointed but that is just a gut feeling...hopefully it will b epic

irrelevant is being kind ...seems like the only true non- live remainders are on the 90's box sets... sticking with single in this case double remaster. Glad for the people enjoying them. i had the first 3 doubles and traded for singles and another cd because on 1 the concert is awful quality and the companions did nothing for me except took away from legendary albums...to me they are not even worth extra 3 bux but b4 the flames start i am happy for the people that enjoy them. For those pinning hopes on coda i think they will b disappointed but that is just a gut feeling...hopefully it will b epic

Hey there, just curious, why do you feel the companions took away from the original albums? Also, I thought the sound of the live Paris show was pretty good, then again I am used to boots so a professionally mastered "boot" in essence sounds pretty good to me. Maybe not Earls Court from the 2003 DVD release quality but nice.

Thanks Ksgemini, like to hear other opinions.

There were a few gems scattered amongst the companions Mostly III but I just never had the urge to hear them again.....it is only a couple bucks, true- but I worry Jimmy is scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with these. Also i am listening in car and on computer so do not have expensive system - that probably dulled my enthusiasm for the whole project. Talk of Lossless downloads does not affect me and although I wish i had a turntable I could never afford to buy all these vinyls plus the others i'd want. A musician may find much more in a backing track than I am able to notice. Atlantic told me there will b a boxed set in 2015/2016...again. Maybe I am just accustomed to the 94 CSR and 08 definitive more than most and happy staying there. I am not a hater and would not bash any of the 3 guys but....I just think a double cd best of the Companions might have been more worthwhile. i listen to the entire catalog regularly as well as the box sets from 90 and have been a fan for almost 40 years-I am 51.. I REALLY wish Jimmy had put something of his own out... people may not like what Robert does musically-I do- but at least it is an effort of some kind...the follow up to Outrider has been a long time coming and the thought that precious time was used for the companion discs just seems too bad to me knowing jimmy's many musical gifts.

I'm very sorry, but I must say, I'm disappointed about the companion disc! I expected quite a lot more and my dream was, a computerised version of Ten years

gone, where you could uncover layer by layer on the computer, but that was never mentioned anywhere at all, so that was just a wish, but still I'm disappointed!

I know Jimmy said no stuff that was on bootlegs, but still it's pointless to do it, if there ain't anything more!

Disapointing companion disc tracklist :tears: ...

.... I expect a lot from the main record remaster : PG is perhaps my favorite album of the band and even if the 1990 version is good

i think that on this lp the sonic improvement can be the most significant !

Disapointing companion disc tracklist :tears: ...

.... I expect a lot from the main record remaster : PG is perhaps my favorite album of the band and even if the 1990 version is good

i think that on this lp the sonic improvement can be the most significant !

I agree! I think that from PG through Coda we're gonna see the biggest sonic improvement. Those albums sound great already, so we are in for a treat for just the remastering job alone!

812crEOTfvL._SL1500_.jpgThis is surely nit-picking but I'm not sure what I think of the red text along the spine of the box set.

It will definitely stand out from the other boxes.

Yeah the red looks a bit strange but the writing on the windows was red so I suppose it makes sense.I hope the records come in the original inners and access to them is from the top not the sides.Also I was figuring from the length of the original songs the companion may only clock in at 45 minutes or so.I thought there could have been a bit more in the barrel.

Archived