Physical graffiti Remastered

appiantiqua

I know that other online vendors (HDtracks, Qobuz, Highresaudio, etc.) all have the proper 24/96 files. When I went to download my copy today, I had an error -- I wonder if the wrong file-set was uploaded or something?

EDIT: Seems that way. Other people are reporting 24/44 downloads, and Sam just responded in the main reissue thread.

FWIW...I just got an email with an updated link after contacting WMG

I can't wait to get the Super Deluxe set of PG! I am snowed in for a few days so no option but to wait. I am sure it will totally worth it. I can't wait to put the album on and kick back with the headphones and just take the journey again. :stereo:

Soon I will have the time to give a proper review on all of them from my point of view. This is well overdue on my part!

I can't wait to get the Super Deluxe set of PG! I am snowed in for a few days so no option but to wait. I am sure it will totally worth it. I can't wait to put the album on and kick back with the headphones and just take the journey again. :stereo:

Soon I will have the time to give a proper review on all of them from my point of view. This is well overdue on my part!

..Deborah, so happy to see you in the LZ Spirit, as always....

Deborah,

So glad to hear from you as it's been a while. Hope you're doing well after such a sad loss of your companion for many years! Always great to have you here as you know how much I and everyone appreciates you here!!!

You may be right. Can't remember...will have to dig out my old vinyl.

You know, when you haven't listened to "Physical Graffiti" in almost a year and a half, the impact when you revisit it is like a bomb exploding in your head. Especially the first two sides...such massive and hard-hitting grooves. Your woofers really take a pounding.

As for the free swag, did anyone else get their "Physical Graffiti" with a cool brown shopping bag with the cover art printed on one side? I also got some buttons and another print of the album cover, but alas, no Rubik's cube. Amoeba didn't receive any of those.

No i am wrong B.P.Fallon spelled Fallen on the old set . Time passes memory not so good!

Since I haven't seen anything about this figure I'd ask...

In the book on the Super Deluxe PG who is in the pic dressed as a nun next to the Halloween party invite...?? Looks like quite the party goin on!! :D

Without seeing the picture my guess would be that it is Keith Moon.

Has anyone actually heard the 96/24 digital version of PG yet? I'm close to pressing the order button with HD Tracks but Im worried that its just an upscale of the CD at 44/16 resolution.

£27 with a 15% discount but for this album Ill bite the bullet!

What makes me suspicious is that no-one including JP has mentioned that this is a true HD audio recording taken from the master tapes....Im sure if it had then it'd be reported, or am I just too concerned?

Cheers

Has anyone actually heard the 96/24 digital version of PG yet? I'm close to pressing the order button with HD Tracks but Im worried that its just an upscale of the CD at 44/16 resolution.

What makes me suspicious is that no-one including JP has mentioned that this is a true HD audio recording taken from the master tapes....Im sure if it had then it'd be reported, or am I just too concerned?

Cheers

I haven't had the chance to do direct A/B comparisons with the other formats (haven't even looked at the vinyl yet) but the HD tracks sound sensational to me. The shimmering guitar on Down by the Seaside and the layered guitar parts on Ten Years Gone are simply beautiful. The drums on Everybody Makes It Through are very impressive for a track that was essentially a demo. I closed my eyes and imagined that Bonzo's kit was right in my living room.

I can't comment on upscaling or other technical aspects of the hi-res tracks but they do sound amazing.

Cheers

JP is on the record as saying that the master tapes were transferred at 192/24 to 'future proof' the recordings for any new formats that may arise.

The 96/24 downloads will be a down-dither from that, as will the 44/16 for cd.

With the companion disc, i think kashmir was not the best choice, because possibly a missed opportunity, ofcourse with zeppelin listening, over time is what means something...but the companion disc was such a cool overview of the record. Its striking me what alot of work this must have been, these rereleased albums, yet as a fanatic i am listening through the companion discs again tonight. But with physical graffiti companion disc, its the first rerelease where i am going back to listen to record right away.

at first, i was disappointed with this remastering. I thought it didn't sound that different to the previous remastering, but now listening to it more, it sounds fresher and I'm also hearing things I didn't before. For example, I didn't notice the Cowbell in 'Houses of the Holy' before now. I can also make out more of the overdubs in 'Ten years Gone'. But the one that sounds much better is 'Kashmir' I can't explain it, but that track sounds like a completely different mix than before.

I'm really pleased with what Page has done with this remaster, and I'm certainly looking forward to what he does to 'Achilles Last Stand' over on 'Presence'.

at first, i was disappointed with this remastering. I thought it didn't sound that different to the previous remastering, but now listening to it more, it sounds fresher and I'm also hearing things I didn't before. For example, I didn't notice the Cowbell in 'Houses of the Holy' before now. I can also make out more of the overdubs in 'Ten years Gone'. But the one that sounds much better is 'Kashmir' I can't explain it, but that track sounds like a completely different mix than before.

I'm really pleased with what Page has done with this remaster, and I'm certainly looking forward to what he does to 'Achilles Last Stand' over on 'Presence'.

^I agree about TYG, you can really hear all the layers. Same with Down by the Seaside, maybe my favorite of the remastered tracks.

Agreed. The strings on Kashmir are right up front. I feel after 34 years of spinning this album it sounds clearer then ever..... esp. Plants voice.... he shines !! I'm already starving for the last three releases. So far so AMAZING !!!

Ever since hearing the iTunes and Qobuz digital files of the remastered PG in 2013, I've been saying this album is one of the most improved sound-wise in the entire catalogue (I think In Through the Out Door and Zep III are the other most-improved).

But what has struck me even more, now that I have the HD version, is how good the companion disc sounds. A whole layer of mud and congestion has been stripped away - so natural sounding, crankable, a real pleasure to listen to.

Also, while I know Kashmir is maligned because it's so similar to the main album version, the companion disc version sounds so much better! The drum-phasing effect is decreased, resulting in the bass energy and percussive impact this track always has lacked. To me it's just a better mix all around - and so ironically the fact that it appears to be 99% the same is a benefit because I'll just listen to the companion disc version from now on.

Really happy with this reissue! i got the deluxe cd.

The record sounds better than ever.

Only minus is Driving through Kashmir. Because i might actually like it more than the original version, theres more bass drum and the sound is fuller, and the horns are a little lower. and the original is a tiny bit slower! (whats up with that) other wise after a couple listens i fail to notice anymore differences on the two Kashmires.

The deluxe cd is everything I hoped for and more! I love the window cutouts and track listing insert. It's just like the original LP. The companion disk is an interesting way to hear the album. Everybody Makes It Through is a real gem. It would have been cool to have alternate mixes or better yet, alternate takes of custard pie and the rover, but I can't complain.

Archived