Physical graffiti Remastered

appiantiqua

With the extra weight of the Physical Graffiti Boxes, I hope the manufacturers really took extra care in putting the package together.

Do you think the manufacturers know that Physical Graffiti is Zeppelin's heaviest album? :shifty:

I pre-ordered from Amazon weeks ago to be sure I'd get it on release day. Now, because of a stupid credit card glitch, it won't be delivered until Thursday. Very irritating.

With the extra weight of the Physical Graffiti Boxes, I hope the manufacturers really took extra care in putting the package together.

It can't be that much heavier than LZ I, could it? Same number of albums - of course the music is much heavier! ;):)

Holy #$%!!!!!! Stunning. It sounds brand new! Bron Y'Aur has never sounded so beautiful. The panning effect is magnificent. ITL!!!!!!!! TYG!!!! The Rover!!! I'm listening with studio headphones and I'm BLOWN AWAY! Greatest band ever. Bonzo is SO crisp on every track. You can hear every breath Robert takes. Jimmy's overdubs are just mind numbing. Still SO FAR AHEAD of the pack and the times. Oh damn I miss the 70's. Music used to be SO real. I still remember waiting in line to buy the record at midnight before the first shipment sold out, which it always did! Sorry about this, but I'm so underwhelmed with this companion disc. OMG The Wanton Song just started slamming. WOW! Gotta get this airplane off, nah leave it...damn you can hear the plane so well. Sick Again sounds brand new. My love for Zep will never die. Ya'll are gonna love this!!!!!

This sounds better than it did in the 70's!! I feel like I'm sitting at the boards in the studio. AMAZING!!!!

Less than 12 hours to go here on the West Coast of the U.S.A. :drool:

To show how times have changed, 40 years ago I bought "Physical Graffiti" the morning it was released at 7-11 on my way to school. Not likely to find the remastered "Physical Graffiti" in 7-11 stores today, hehe.

I've just had a quick listen to the bonus tracks. 'Sick Again' sounds really groovy. The way that track was going, I think it would have been better than the finished version.

And the alternative 'In The Light' take is what I've been waiting for for a long time - 'In The Morning' to be properly released.

Anyone notice the download of the main album is not in the 96/24 hi-res format? It is 44.1/24 format.

I know that other online vendors (HDtracks, Qobuz, Highresaudio, etc.) all have the proper 24/96 files. When I went to download my copy today, I had an error -- I wonder if the wrong file-set was uploaded or something?

EDIT: Seems that way. Other people are reporting 24/44 downloads, and Sam just responded in the main reissue thread.

Just picked up my 3CD copy! Really like the box set it comes in, completely different from any album I've ever had, is that how the original 1975 was minus the cd size and companion disc?

I naturally have to complain about it being an odd size next to the rest, but the Zeppelin masterpiece must stick out above the rest!

Have my Super Deluxe Box in hand and already posted the # I received in the proper thread, but I noticed a flaw in the credits on the white window wraparound on both the cd and vinyl packaging. In the photo credits, they misspelled Roy Harper as Ray Harper. Ooops.

Really?

Sounds beautiful to me

The trouble is Page took that arrangement with him to The Firm and it was finished off with lyrics from Paul Rodgers, so I'm guessing he no longer feels it's a Zep tune. It's also even less complete than the version of 'Sick Again' that's now appeared on the companion disk, and as it's already been booted it's probably from one of the tapes that was stolen and may not even be in the archive any more.

Wasn't it spelled wrong in 75 as well, if memory serves?

You may be right. Can't remember...will have to dig out my old vinyl.

You know, when you haven't listened to "Physical Graffiti" in almost a year and a half, the impact when you revisit it is like a bomb exploding in your head. Especially the first two sides...such massive and hard-hitting grooves. Your woofers really take a pounding.

As for the free swag, did anyone else get their "Physical Graffiti" with a cool brown shopping bag with the cover art printed on one side? I also got some buttons and another print of the album cover, but alas, no Rubik's cube. Amoeba didn't receive any of those.

I got my copy of PG on vinyl, reved up the table and spun side one. "Custard pie" sounds amazing! Onto "The Rover" and right after the intro....flaw! It hops back to the start. I give the record a clean...same thing, same spot, every time the track is played.

At least I have the MP3 version to tide me over until I get a new copy!

Got my deluxe cd today.Man this just blows the last re master out of the water.I hadn't played PG in nearly six months and it was just a joy to hear blasting out of my speakers like when I first bought it all those years ago.Companion disc just .......interesting but nice to have.

Archived