Physical graffiti Remastered

appiantiqua

Pant is embarrassed by the legacy of Zeppelin hates that it defines him as an artist.

Would have left after PG and especially after the accident.Lacked the courage at the time

Spent the last 30 yrs post Knebworth sniping from the sidelines. Just my opinion based on a

misspent life of Zep watching

Arguably took more courage to stay in the band after the accident & death of his son than it did to make that post on an internet forum.

Just saying like.

Arguably took more courage to stay in the band after the accident & death of his son than it did to make that post on an internet forum.

Just saying like.

My comment stands and notice i said post accident. I said nothing about the death of his child.

My point was that after said accident he was done with Zeppelin,He asked Grant about the possibility of doing a solo album

in late 1975 and Grant was dismissive of the idea. By the 77 tour he was going through the motions

Events overtook him with the losses of his son and friend and that and Page's ongoing struggle with drugs

brought the whole thing to a halt. He then re imagined himself as this "brilliant" solo artist and has done his best

with sarcasm and "dry" wit to talk down the Zep years.That i find irritating and petty.

Ps its an internet forum for the exchange of opinions not a Plant fanboy forum

Just my opinion ... like

My comment stands and notice i said post accident. I said nothing about the death of his child.

My point was that after said accident he was done with Zeppelin,He asked Grant about the possibility of doing a solo album

in late 1975 and Grant was dismissive of the idea. By the 77 tour he was going through the motions

Events overtook him with the losses of his son and friend and that and Page's ongoing struggle with drugs

brought the whole thing to a halt. He then re imagined himself as this "brilliant" solo artist and has done his best

with sarcasm and "dry" wit to talk down the Zep years.That i find irritating and petty.

Ps its an internet forum for the exchange of opinions not a Plant fanboy forum

Just my opinion ... like

That's good then because I'm not a 'Plant fanboy', I think everything he put put in the 80s was shite for example. I just have a bit more respect for him than to take cheap shots on the internet about his private life.

I think he actually first imagined himself as an English teacher. I don't believe at this stage he has been petty about anything unless it is people who can't let go of grand giant reunion tours without Bonzo. He is always talking about "Jimmy and I..." when he talks about traveling the world and getting different sounds etc What does fanboy really mean? Some of his stuff has been great and as said above some not so great. If I did think it all was great hypothetically though... Is fanboy some kind of insult? At this point the LZ music stands for itself it really should not matter if anyone seems petty to u...if u like it... That is what matters.

I think he actually first imagined himself as an English teacher. I don't believe at this stage he has been petty about anything unless it is people who can't let go of grand giant reunion tours without Bonzo. He is always talking about "Jimmy and I..." when he talks about traveling the world and getting different sounds etc What does fanboy really mean? Some of his stuff has been great and as said above some not so great. If I did think it all was great hypothetically though... Is fanboy some kind of insult? At this point the LZ music stands for itself it really should not matter if anyone seems petty to u...if u like it... That is what matters.

Fanboy = incapable of accepting any criticism of the great Robbie-do . Lacks ability to discuss a point of view

without taking an imagined slight .Attempts to blow discussion up by taking moral high ground. See also Mooks post above

Thanks for sharing! Always nice to hear Page's thoughts on Led Zeppelin, wish we could hear Plant's and Jones' opinions as well, but guess they don't really give a damn about the Zep days.

Physical Graffiti has REALLY got me hooked over the past few weeks. I've never really cared for the album, always loved the songs live, but never really cared for the album itself besides a few that never were performed live. I'm not sure if it's the companion disc, the time it's been since I've listened to PG (I didn't listen to it for months prior to release so it would make it more fun), the original box, or the superb sound quality, but I love the album! I agree with some others that Driving Through Kashmir is really awesome, took me a few listens but it does sound fantastic! Something different I started doing recently is taking a quick break between sides, I've never listened to vinyls but it does make the albums flow better when you listen to a side at a time then a quick break, even if you don't have to stop to switch sides...

Down By The Seaside has became one of my new favorite tunes, I've always liked it but feel like I'm hearing it for the first time again!

Good stuff, sorry to change subject, but I have same feelings about HOTH, my original album been sitting on the shelf since purchased all those years ago, played once or twice since new.

When my Super Deluxe arrived, checked out etc, but nothing played. In run up to PG being released, sitting thinking what to listen to, pulled out remastered CD of said HOTH, that was 4 / 5 weeks ago, to be honest, it hasn't been off since, just brilliant, can't believe I've ignored all this time.

Bordering on becoming my fav LZ album, ever.

Amazing how time changes ones views, LZ2 was always up there.

Fanboy = incapable of accepting any criticism of the great Robbie-do . Lacks ability to discuss a point of view

without taking an imagined slight .Attempts to blow discussion up by taking moral high ground. See also Mooks post above

I'm quite happy to accept criticisms of Plant's music but calling him out for his lack of courage is a bit below the belt on my opinion when you clearly don't know the man.

Anyway, apologies for derailing the thread.

Unable to accept criticism of an artist's work? Why would I care what u or anyone thinks about what I listen to. Making judgements about someone's personal state of mind I.e. "lacking courage" is just silly as we know NOTHING about any celebrity's real feelings or motivations other than what an off the cuff quip or bad biography might hint at. These people are musicians we may like or not like but they are not our friends and owe us nothing. I don't have time or interest in arguing but it is obvious you don't like the guy so my advice is don't pay so much attention to him or his alleged snipes or whatever. It is how I deal with celebrities I may find annoying like Jay Z or Lady Gaga ... Just ignore them completely.

Ps Mook rules.

I've always felt that Plant was proud of his legacy with Led Zeppelin, but in a way he wanted to move on from it and not just to be known as the vocalist from Led Zeppelin.

I mean he established his solo career, but I think he shows his pride of Zeppelin work through playing Zeppelin songs with the SSS.

Unable to accept criticism of an artist's work? Why would I care what u or anyone thinks about what I listen to. Making judgements about someone's personal state of mind I.e. "lacking courage" is just silly as we know NOTHING about any celebrity's real feelings or motivations other than what an off the cuff quip or bad biography might hint at. These people are musicians we may like or not like but they are not our friends and owe us nothing. I don't have time or interest in arguing but it is obvious you don't like the guy so my advice is don't pay so much attention to him or his alleged snipes or whatever. It is how I deal with celebrities I may find annoying like Jay Z or Lady Gaga ... Just ignore them completely.

Ps Mook rules.

My point related to Plant's indifference to promoting the new re masters.My lack of courage comment

relates to the way someone lacks the courage to end a bad marriage,because it's easier to let it continue

I did not mean he the man lacks courage personally. He wanted Zeppelin to end a long time before

the others did. For the record i think the PG superdeluxe is the first one i have really connected with

i started supercool towards it, but it has really grown on me. Thread back on track . thanks

I can't speak for him but really after hearing so many different mixes of the same material over the years I can understand a lack of promotion from RP and JPJ when they have current projects and tours. I am happy Page got a chance to do them a final time but I am not all that excited or finding these a revelation myself. Could be lack of expensive equipment or slight hi freq loss in right ear but I probably have played each one maybe once because the definitive box is already loaded in my phone and car ready...

Could we PLEASE stick to the subject???

I couldn't resist making a best of HiDef downloads

Must say that the Graffiti tracks sound very weak compared to 1,2,3 and HOTH. IV an PG sounding both very thin. Very strange

The more I listen to Everybody Makes it Through (In the Light), the more I love it. The keyboard intro is so cool, like a haunting music box. Has the same effect as the music box on Phantom of the Opera and to me, makes the song really special. So glad it was released. And the drums on this version...Ahhhh! :D

Sorry I find myself in a d

Iscussion and

Go off topic without realizing it I am having a hard time adjusting to this master ...some songs like Kashmir sound slightly odd after listening to 94 version so long... It is probably just me tho ... Regardless ...my favorite album of all time. For me best double album ever. Side 4 of white album makes it much less than perfect... PG has no songs I would want thrown away beginning to end. Part of me wishes I had kept vinyl even without a turntable... Presence is next favorite so.....we'll see what that release brings but actual obelisks is setting pretty high expectations

No-one's seemed to mention the fact that the new remastered Physical Graffiti has the colour tone for the outer sleeve markedly altered from the original 1975 cover, anyone know why this is so, and does it bother anyone else other than me? It doesn't change how I feel or enjoy the new remaster, but why the need to change it at all, if it wasn't broken in the first place, it didn't need fixing...

Ever since hearing the iTunes and Qobuz digital files of the remastered PG in 2013, I've been saying this album is one of the most improved sound-wise in the entire catalogue (I think In Through the Out Door and Zep III are the other most-improved).

But what has struck me even more, now that I have the HD version, is how good the companion disc sounds. A whole layer of mud and congestion has been stripped away - so natural sounding, crankable, a real pleasure to listen to.

Also, while I know Kashmir is maligned because it's so similar to the main album version, the companion disc version sounds so much better! The drum-phasing effect is decreased, resulting in the bass energy and percussive impact this track always has lacked. To me it's just a better mix all around - and so ironically the fact that it appears to be 99% the same is a benefit because I'll just listen to the companion disc version from now on.

I agree with you on kashmir after more listens, its more linear without the drum effect, like 2007s version w jason. So cool to hear, yet a demo of any other song would have worked also, being its a mixed album version for this companion disc. Still, worth the price just for everybody makes through.

In regards to the mix of the album....its a jimmy page mix, imo, his guitar work sounds awesome!

Its just got me thinking of seeing plant and page in 88....plants show was really loud and pages show not that loud, but loud enough, both GREAT shows...so im thinking about that with this new physical graffiti and clarity and leaving the volume up to the music listener.

No-one's seemed to mention the fact that the new remastered Physical Graffiti has the colour tone for the outer sleeve markedly altered from the original 1975 cover, anyone know why this is so, and does it bother anyone else other than me? It doesn't change how I feel or enjoy the new remaster, but why the need to change it at all, if it wasn't broken in the first place, it didn't need fixing...

I've also noticed the Swan Song record labels have a slightly different colour tone, as well.

Has anyone else had an issue with the sleeves from the Deluxe triple CD version? The first two discs both have the same sleeve (the one that features the image Apollo astronaut top right) - I assume this is a mistake and one of the discs should feature the other sleeve (with the body builder top right)?

Nope...all my PG packaging sleeves are correct...both my super deluxe vinyl and cd and my deluxe cd package.

So far I have had incredible luck with my Led Zeppelin remasters...not one thing wrong with them.

Man I have been dead broke for weeks but i managed to buy the deluxe PG today.Unfortantly I was dead tired when i got home and i knew I wasn't going to make it through three discs ,so I skipped a track or two(very hard to do).Everything just leapt out of the speakers and I am hearing things I havn,t heard before.The Rover springs to life where it was flat on the previous release.Bron yr aur is so clear.As is Ten Years Gone,Nightflight and The Wanton Song just thunders.Got through most of the companion except IMTOD and Kashmir .Really like the different take on ITL and Trampled Under foot just rocks.BWS was the last thing I played and i could have kept going but I went to bed a happy man which otherwise had been s**t day.There will be a serious amount of time set aside in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Marino remaster of PG at least better than the Diamont?

I don't think any remastering went in at all on the Diamont 80s cds. And he cut off the end of In My Time of Dying. Heathen!

So yeah...while the Marino PG remaster doesn't sound as good as the vinyl, it is still preferable to the Diamont 80s one.

But the latest PG remaster is better than both Marino and Diamont.

I don't think any remastering went in at all on the Diamont 80s cds. And he cut off the end of In My Time of Dying. Heathen!

So yeah...while the Marino PG remaster doesn't sound as good as the vinyl, it is still preferable to the Diamont 80s one.

But the latest PG remaster is better than both Marino and Diamont.

Yeah I meant is the Marino remaster better than the Diamont original master. I have the Diamont and the new one by Davis and before I had these reissues on cd, I had them from iTunes, which was still better than the 80s ones, IMO, even if they are 256 kpbs lossy

Archived